Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Bath Salts Blamed in Man's Bludgeoning of Elderly Bird-Loving Neighbor - What solution do you see to the "bath salts crisis"?

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 1:33 PM
  • 24 Replies

Bath Salts Blamed in Man's Bludgeoning of Elderly Bird-Loving Neighbor

Posted by Kiri Blakeley on June 25, 2012

crime sceneAs if we needed more proof that bath salts (the drug, not the bath soaking stuff) is bad, bad, bad, here comes yet another bath salts insanity story. Police say a 20-year-old Los Angeles man was on bath salts (definitely on bath salts, not rumored to be or thought to be or speculated to be) when he attacked his elderly neighbor, saying, "I hate you and want to kill you today," after the 77-year-old woman scolded him for trying to harm some birds by throwing a tool at them. High on bath salts, he allegedly bludgeoned her over the head with a shovel. But there's some good news!

The woman was taken to a local hospital, but it is reported that she was NOT seriously injured. Thank goodness! I can relate to this poor woman. Not because anyone on bath salts has ever attacked me (yet!), but because I've spoken up when I've seen people (usually children) kicking or throwing rocks or trying to harm birds -- usually pigeons, since I live in the city. And, yes, the parents are right there, watching blankly. Hey, if a parent isn't going to teach a child not to hurt animals, then I'm going to do it, and too bad if they don't like it.

But back to bath salts. This drug is officially out of control. I have no idea why anyone uses it. WHY would someone take a drug that causes such aggressiveness? WHY would you take a drug that, when you come down off it, might have caused you to commit a crime -- maybe even killing someone or eating their face off?! I'm dumbfounded. But I suppose the people who take this drug aren't exactly clear-thinking Mensa members.

What is the solution here? Banning the ingredients to the drug needs to be tops. Yes, people can always get their hands on whatever they want, but let's make it as difficult as possible for them, okay? Yes, drug addicts can always get ahold of a different kind of drug. However, this particular combination of chemicals is what sounds disastrous. It seems to unleash a devil in the brain.

What solution do you see to the "bath salts crisis"?

by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 1:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Carpy
by Ruby Member on Jun. 25, 2012 at 1:44 PM
2 moms liked this
How about we just execute the people using and selling it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StormySkye
by Member on Jun. 25, 2012 at 1:56 PM
9 moms liked this

I just touched some bath salts and....

OMG!!!...My Fingers!!! 

brunett34
by Member on Jun. 25, 2012 at 1:56 PM

I totally agree with you. It's like the people that take these bath salts are possessed by a demon. They need to definitely ban the ingredients in those bath salts. They need to shut down production of it all together. The companies that make this stuff should be sued.

pamelax3
by Gold Member on Jun. 25, 2012 at 1:59 PM

Ban the ingredients and lock up the companies and stores carrying it...

joyfree
by Silver Member on Jun. 25, 2012 at 5:58 PM

That stuff definitely comes straight from Satan, from all the stories I've read and seen lately.

devil

Numom61507
by Member on Jun. 25, 2012 at 6:07 PM

I think it doesn't matter what we do. People are always going to find a way to get high. It's sad. 

BannerElkHogans
by Member on Jun. 25, 2012 at 6:45 PM

With every new thing that comes out theirs a CRIMINAL IN EVERY CROWD TRYING THEIR DAmNEST TO EXPLOIT IT!!!!!......me I use bath salt's ..........I have Scoliosis an my damn back hurts all day every stinking day an the soaking in bath  salt's ease 's it just a hair to make it bearable, so why should I not be able to acquire it anymore because some ( Nut Fuck Wacko- Trying to Catch A Buzz)eats of some guys face while he's naked or some phys co beat his elderly neighbor to death????  For Every Action ,Their is a Reaction!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Euphoric
by Bazinga! on Jun. 25, 2012 at 6:46 PM

Brains.

iggwhipped72
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 6:50 PM
3 moms liked this
Bath salts (the drug) are not what you are soaking in.

Quoting BannerElkHogans:

With every new thing that comes out theirs a CRIMINAL IN EVERY CROWD TRYING THEIR DAmNEST TO EXPLOIT IT!!!!!......me I use bath salt's ..........I have Scoliosis an my damn back hurts all day every stinking day an the soaking in bath  salt's ease 's it just a hair to make it bearable, so why should I not be able to acquire it anymore because some ( Nut Fuck Wacko- Trying to Catch A Buzz)eats of some guys face while he's naked or some phys co beat his elderly neighbor to death????  For Every Action ,Their is a Reaction!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Radarma
by "OneDar" on Jun. 25, 2012 at 6:53 PM

I really don't find this to be a "joking" kinda thing, folks.

As for "what can be done", I have no answers, but this terrifies me, and many others I am sure.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)