Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

im a smoker but want to quit...help!!!

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 5:20 PM
  • 6 Replies

well iv been smoking for 7 years and iv been concidering quiting lately. i no all the health risks and i just dont want my son to see me smoking anymore...its not right for him to see his mom slowly killing herself with this horible habit!!

im so nervous and scard about quiting...im highly addicted and been honest...i cudnt imagine my life without cigarettes. sounds wierd i no but thats just how i feel.

has anyone on this quit smoking after years of doing it and have you had luck + have u seen benifits?

by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 5:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Euphoric
by Bazinga! on Jun. 25, 2012 at 5:21 PM

I've been using Nicorette gum. It helped me quit.

Euphoric
by Bazinga! on Jun. 25, 2012 at 5:21 PM

I smoked for 12 years.

xxbabigurlxx
by Member on Jun. 25, 2012 at 5:24 PM

Quoting Euphoric:

do u still get cravings...especcially when ur stressed out...the cravings are what im worried about

Euphoric
by Bazinga! on Jun. 25, 2012 at 5:26 PM

I do from time to time, but not bad. It's only really bad the first week or two.

Quoting xxbabigurlxx:

Quoting Euphoric:

do u still get cravings...especcially when ur stressed out...the cravings are what im worried about

www.cafemom.com/group/116692
jlo1313
by Silver Member on Jun. 25, 2012 at 5:47 PM

I quit last Monday and have been using Nicorette gum and the E-Cigarette.  The e-cig helps me when I am driving because I was bad about lighting up when I was alone in the car.  The gum really helps me with the cravings.  The key is to want to do it and just do it.  Its been difficult for me up until now to try to quit.  Everyone at work smokes, I have been smoking for 17 years...I have quit a few times but would always allow stress to be my reason to start smoking, I was still stressed smoking and it wasn't benefitting me to puff away at all so I quit making excuses and started dealing with my stress in a healthy approach and then finally this time I am able to quit.  We have also been keeping busy so we don't out of boredom (SO and I both quit).  Expect to be moody for a few days because its a big change.  Good luck.

krysstizzle
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 6:10 PM
I quit 5 weeks ago , after smoking for about 11 years (minus 4 years while I was pregnant/nursing). The only thing i've been using is clove essential oil, a drop on the tongue now and then. I haven't really had any cravings, but I was feeling like crap before I quit and feel so much better now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN