CafeMom is experiencing issues that should be resolved soon
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
Ok - the other random post got HUGE but a big part of that was posting of sweet peas and ABC's of various things in order to rank up.

I want to see how big one can get with true randomness and not excessive posting of sweet peas, memes, pictures, etc - the other one is still around for that. :-)

Am I alone in this?

Please post light hearted (or not) randomness, rants, complaints, brags - whatever strikes your fancy.
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 6:40 PM
Replies (8071-8080):
stacymomof2
by Ruby Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:42 PM
1 mom liked this

lol, that was just a coincidence, actually.  They tested before winter break schoolwide.  But I could tell that her school work wasn't the least bit challenging.  They are working on a number line, but at home she was adding and subtracting 3 digit numbers easily because she had already picked up on the ones/tens/hundreds columns and what they meant, and she was reading Little House on the Prarie at home, and I didn't believe she was comprehending it until she read it out loud to me and answered questions.  

Quoting katy_kay08:

It's totally interesting to me.  I think it's great you were able to get her tested so quickly after your post about homework.  It's great!

Quoting stacymomof2:

Thank you.  I know it isn't as interesting to others but since it's my kid I'm pretty thrilled.  

All the schools in my district have this accelerated path.  this is a very big deal since unless suddenly becoming independently wealthy college will be a strain.  Two free years is quite a bonus.

I would love to get her in the magnet school but unless both my girls qualify I will not even try.  We'll see how the youngest does.  She is just as smart but a lot less interested in school.

Quoting katy_kay08:

ah.  Our district has a couple of schools where the accelerated programs are held.  These schools also cater to the neighborhood children so kids who test into the program are able to have siblings waiver into the schools so they all attend the same school, even if they are on different learning tracks.  

Very cool for her.  I bet you are proud!  (She clearly takes after her brilliant mama!)  

Quoting stacymomof2:

She will get "enrichment" learning this year and qualifies for the gifted and talented magnet school, which I probably won't try to get her in (they get a lot of qualified kids and have to do a lottery) because I don't want my girls at 2 different schools.  My youngest will be starting K.

Next year she will get more opportunities for accelerated math and reading classes.  This sets her on the whole accelerated path where by the time she graduates from HS she could have the first two years of college done if she continues to do well.  :)

I'm just bursting with pride.  I knew the school work was too easy for her.

Quoting katy_kay08:

Yay!  Very cool.  Will the start her right away or does she have to wait until next year?  

Quoting stacymomof2:

My first grader just tested into the accelerated learning program!  :)  For those of you who read my homework post where I was worried she wasn't being challenged enough...I think that problem is solved.  :D

katy_kay08
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:55 PM
1 mom liked this

wow!  That's pretty amazing.  

Quoting stacymomof2:

lol, that was just a coincidence, actually.  They tested before winter break schoolwide.  But I could tell that her school work wasn't the least bit challenging.  They are working on a number line, but at home she was adding and subtracting 3 digit numbers easily because she had already picked up on the ones/tens/hundreds columns and what they meant, and she was reading Little House on the Prarie at home, and I didn't believe she was comprehending it until she read it out loud to me and answered questions.  

Quoting katy_kay08:

It's totally interesting to me.  I think it's great you were able to get her tested so quickly after your post about homework.  It's great!

Quoting stacymomof2:

Thank you.  I know it isn't as interesting to others but since it's my kid I'm pretty thrilled.  

All the schools in my district have this accelerated path.  this is a very big deal since unless suddenly becoming independently wealthy college will be a strain.  Two free years is quite a bonus.

I would love to get her in the magnet school but unless both my girls qualify I will not even try.  We'll see how the youngest does.  She is just as smart but a lot less interested in school.

Quoting katy_kay08:

ah.  Our district has a couple of schools where the accelerated programs are held.  These schools also cater to the neighborhood children so kids who test into the program are able to have siblings waiver into the schools so they all attend the same school, even if they are on different learning tracks.  

Very cool for her.  I bet you are proud!  (She clearly takes after her brilliant mama!)  

Quoting stacymomof2:

She will get "enrichment" learning this year and qualifies for the gifted and talented magnet school, which I probably won't try to get her in (they get a lot of qualified kids and have to do a lottery) because I don't want my girls at 2 different schools.  My youngest will be starting K.

Next year she will get more opportunities for accelerated math and reading classes.  This sets her on the whole accelerated path where by the time she graduates from HS she could have the first two years of college done if she continues to do well.  :)

Quoting katy_kay08:

Yay!  Very cool.  Will the start her right away or does she have to wait until next year?  

Quoting stacymomof2:

My first grader just tested into the accelerated learning program!  :)  For those of you who read my homework post where I was worried she wasn't being challenged enough...I think that problem is solved.  :D

AdrianneHill
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:42 AM
He's two and a half and my day is a series of tragedies and destruction following closely behind his little blond ass.
He's cute and can be very sweet but we don't have much in common yet. He's also a terrible conversationalist and I should probably blame myself for that more but I'm starting to believe he's just a stubborn, bloody minded dick and doesn't want to bother talking.
To that I say,ttthhhppppbbbt!

Quoting stacymomof2:

when I was a SAHM I started the countdown at like noon.  I always felt guilty.  lol 

Now I look back on those days with nostaligia.

Quoting UpSheRises:

When ds was a baby I did.

Quoting AdrianneHill:

How sad that I spend my entire day counting seconds until it is a reasonable time to put my son to bed? It's still a bit early now but there is a light at the end of the tunnel

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
punky3175
by Punky on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:00 AM
It interests me! :-) My kids are both doing college prep programs in high school (well DS will be when he gets to high school next year) and both tested for gifted programs a couple times. Sadly we moved around too much for them to really take advantage.

Quoting stacymomof2:

Quoting katy_kay08:

Quoting stacymomof2:

Quoting katy_kay08:

Quoting stacymomof2:

punky3175
by Punky on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:01 AM
1 mom liked this
It interests me! :-) My kids are both doing college prep programs in high school (well DS will be when he gets to high school next year) and both tested for gifted programs a couple times. Sadly we moved around too much for them to really take advantage.

Quoting stacymomof2:

Quoting katy_kay08:

Quoting stacymomof2:

Quoting katy_kay08:

Quoting stacymomof2:

punky3175
by Punky on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:04 AM
1 mom liked this
I love your posts!

Quoting AdrianneHill:

He's two and a half and my day is a series of tragedies and destruction following closely behind his little blond ass.

He's cute and can be very sweet but we don't have much in common yet. He's also a terrible conversationalist and I should probably blame myself for that more but I'm starting to believe he's just a stubborn, bloody minded dick and doesn't want to bother talking.

To that I say,ttthhhppppbbbt!

Quoting stacymomof2:

when I was a SAHM I started the countdown at like noon.  I always felt guilty.  lol 

Now I look back on those days with nostaligia.

Quoting UpSheRises:

When ds was a baby I did.

Quoting AdrianneHill:

How sad that I spend my entire day counting seconds until it is a reasonable time to put my son to bed? It's still a bit early now but there is a light at the end of the tunnel

Euphoric
by Bazinga! on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:19 AM

I recieved an act of kindness this morning....

Euphoric
by Bazinga! on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:21 AM
1 mom liked this

I was at the drive thru of my favorite coffee shop, and when I pulled up the guy inside said that the car in front of me bought my coffee for me. I was so excited.

Euphoric
by Bazinga! on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:22 AM

Those are the kinds of things that restore my faith in humanity.

Euphoric
by Bazinga! on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:26 AM

Oh I'm so excited to see my nieces today.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)