Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

"Lean"

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 9:59 PM
Jes
  • 48 Replies
Since so many seem confused.....

"Lean" aka "Purple Drank"
(it's also called "Texas Tea" or "Sizzurp") is NOT made with tea nor are skittles used because skittles won't dissolve.

It is usually made with Mountain Dew or Sprite (it must be a carbonated beverage) and jolly ranchers (candies that dissolve completely).

They prefer to use purple jolly ranchers, which is how it got its name. DJ Screw was known to mix cough syrup with mountain dew and then drop in a "purple drop" (purple jolly rancher" and often rapped about the "syrup"...

*** "Lean" is NOT made with Tea (or any Arizona product). Skittles are not used in the mixture either. ***

EDIT - this post is in response to people saying Trayvon Martin was buying tea and skittles to make "lean".
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 9:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EireLass
by Ruby Member on Jun. 25, 2012 at 10:01 PM

I'm not confused by lean. I'm confused by the entire paragraph! ha. Where do you live?

A_Pinky
by Ashley on Jun. 25, 2012 at 10:02 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you for letting the moms who refuse to acknowledge this know this information being that. They think they are right and the rest of us wrong.
Mommy_of_Riley
by Jes on Jun. 25, 2012 at 10:03 PM
3 moms liked this
LOL! I live in Texas.

It's a popular "drink" for rappers and football players using a codeine base cough syrup. It's not "illegal" but still gives them a high.

Quoting EireLass:

I'm not confused by lean. I'm confused by the entire paragraph! ha. Where do you live?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stacymomof2
by Ruby Member on Jun. 25, 2012 at 10:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Some people believe everything they read.  I hven't stopped laughing about skittle in AZ fruit cocktails since I first read it.  

Mommy_of_Riley
by Jes on Jun. 25, 2012 at 11:02 PM
Really...

No one trying to defend the "skittles and tea" bullcrap?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
singletiredmom
by Member on Jun. 25, 2012 at 11:05 PM
Huh? I've never heard of any of this. I must live under a rock in my small town. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy_of_Riley
by Jes on Jun. 25, 2012 at 11:08 PM
LOL!

That's okay!

Quoting singletiredmom:

Huh? I've never heard of any of this. I must live under a rock in my small town. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Happymamax2
by Silver Member on Jun. 25, 2012 at 11:18 PM
IDIOTIC! I can't understand why some fools keep trying to vilify that young man.....
tiffyhamm
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 11:23 PM
I used to get messed up on that purple stuff (lean/purple drank) in college. I hadn't heard ppl were saying martin was going to make it made skittles and tea. Yiou can't use tea and skittles wouldn't work, especially with that gooey center.

Dang, this brought back my syrup drinking days.

Edited reply.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Radarma
by "OneDar" on Jun. 25, 2012 at 11:24 PM

LOL!

Okay.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN