Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

No good deed goes unpunished...

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Do you think I did the right thing?

Options:

Yes she said she was okay.

No. I would have called 911 no matter what she said.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 44

View Results

A few days ago, I was getting into the car when I noticed an elderly woman laying on the grass across the street. She wasn't moving and people were just passing her by like she wasn't even there. So I ran across the street to see if she needed help. This poor lady had fallen over, cut her lip and couldn't get back up. I asked her if she needed an ambulance and she said no, so I just helped her up and offered her a ride to her house.

When we get there I walked her to the door where her son answered. I told him what happened and instead of getting a thank you, he bitched at me! He said I never should have toiched her. I should have called 911 right away and let them take care of the problem because I could have hurt her in the process. I was soo pissed. I just walked away and didn't say a damn word.

by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 11:36 PM
Replies (41-44):
Paperfishies
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2012 at 8:03 PM
I would have put a guilt trip on that dumb ass..."oh I'm the bad guy? I'm not the asshole who doesn't watch their elderly parent. She could have easily been mugged and assaulted, If you were worth a damn she Wouldnt have been out alone in the first place."
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Jun. 27, 2012 at 8:06 PM

Damn, I wish I would have thought of that!

Quoting Paperfishies:

I would have put a guilt trip on that dumb ass..."oh I'm the bad guy? I'm not the asshole who doesn't watch their elderly parent. She could have easily been mugged and assaulted, If you were worth a damn she Wouldnt have been out alone in the first place."

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Paperfishies
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2012 at 8:09 PM
Wow, that sur happy fucker should have been left in that car to burn alive. What a dick head.

My mom's boyfriend saw an over weight elderly lady fall...he helped her up, she fell ontop of him and broke his back. He was in a brace forever.

Quoting eema.gray:

My husband got sued in a similar situation.  He had to pay 10% of his paycheck for 4 1/2 years as a result.

Because he's a first responder (police officer) he was supposed to know better than to move an accident victim.  Problem being, said accident victim would have gone up in smoke had my husband not pulled him out of the vehicle (car literally went up in flames less than a minute after husband pulled the guy free).  The rescued victim is now a parapalegic and sued my husband saying HE was the cause of his paralysis.

Today, yes it really is better to call an ambulance rather than help someone, unless your state has an excellent good samaritan law!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Jun. 27, 2012 at 8:11 PM

100% agree! What an ass!

Quoting Paperfishies:

Wow, that sur happy fucker should have been left in that car to burn alive. What a dick head.

My mom's boyfriend saw an over weight elderly lady fall...he helped her up, she fell ontop of him and broke his back. He was in a brace forever.

Quoting eema.gray:

My husband got sued in a similar situation.  He had to pay 10% of his paycheck for 4 1/2 years as a result.

Because he's a first responder (police officer) he was supposed to know better than to move an accident victim.  Problem being, said accident victim would have gone up in smoke had my husband not pulled him out of the vehicle (car literally went up in flames less than a minute after husband pulled the guy free).  The rescued victim is now a parapalegic and sued my husband saying HE was the cause of his paralysis.

Today, yes it really is better to call an ambulance rather than help someone, unless your state has an excellent good samaritan law!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN