Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes Are Divorcing!

Posted by   + Show Post

Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes Are Divorcing

Friday June 29, 2012 01:00 PM EDT

Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes Are Divorcing | Katie Holmes, Tom Cruise

Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise

James Devaney/WireImage

Thanks for liking PEOPLE's "Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes Are Divorcing". Like PEOPLE on Facebook for breaking news, celebrity pictures, exclusive deals and more!

After five years of marriage, Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes are getting a divorce, PEOPLE has learned exclusively.

"This is a personal and private matter for Katie and her family," says Holmes's attorney Jonathan Wolfe. "Katie's primary concern remains, as it always has been, her daughter's best interest."

The Rock of Ages star, 49, wed actress Holmes, 33, in an Italian castle in November 2006. They have daughter Suri, 6.

This was Holmes's first marriage and the third for Cruise, who previously was married to the actresses Nicole Kidman, with whom he has two children, and Mimi Rogers.

"For more on the shocking split, follow PEOPLE.com and pick up the next issue of PEOPLE magazine, on newsstands Monday"

Did you think it would last this long?
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 1:20 PM
Replies (421-430):
justkeeplaughin
by Member on Jun. 30, 2012 at 8:19 AM
Those poor shoes! She need a closed toe shoe!

Quoting LancesMom:

http://sa-2c6.blogspot.com/2009/11/katie-holmes-feet.html

Quoting JakeandEmmasMom:

*Off to Google Katie Holmes' feet*

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FlowerGirl777
by Bronze Member on Jun. 30, 2012 at 8:20 AM

Please share some more! 

Quoting azeventdiva:

Why in the world did she marry him to begin with is my question? The guy is super ego sentric, & not a very nice person (I have a cousin who has worked with him & played cards with him on a regular basis while working on movies, so I've gotten to hear about a bit more than just what's out there publicly).

bigmama7775
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 8:42 AM
I think tom is a leach. Anything to further his career he will do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hunterdan2
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 8:50 AM
Mr. Cruise had an 80% chance of going through divorce again after the second divorce.
loridori4
by Member on Jun. 30, 2012 at 9:03 AM
I always thought she looked sad and oppressed since she married him. Maybe her, Mimi and Nicole will write a 'tell all' book!
I do feel bad for them though. Divorce is painful, no matter how rich or famous you are. Plus they have a child.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MoneyGet Paid to Blog.
You Know How to Type!
Monetize Your Blog the Right Way
Learn&Earn Here

FlowerGirl777
by Bronze Member on Jun. 30, 2012 at 9:10 AM

I bet they have all signed some confidentiality thing in their prenup, so they can't. 

I know, I used to be married to an older guy control freak. I am so glad she got away. I hope she gets sole custody so the kid doesn't have to be indoctrinated into Scientology.

Quoting loridori4:

I always thought she looked sad and oppressed since she married him. Maybe her, Mimi and Nicole will write a 'tell all' book!
I do feel bad for them though. Divorce is painful, no matter how rich or famous you are. Plus they have a child.

Kuchiemomma
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 9:14 AM

Hey, what's wrong with ugly feet?? Sorry...I guess her & I have something in common...ha ha. It's good to know though that not all celebs are perfect.

evensmummy
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 9:54 AM
1 mom liked this

Still doesn't discredit their dedication to making their relationship work. :)

Quoting rocketracer:

Yep, on Goldie and Kurt, but they're not married in the traditional sense.

Quoting evensmummy:

Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell :)

Quoting rocketracer:

Quoting fostermomoftwo:

what celebrities last?

here are a few so far:

kyra sedgwick and kevin bacon

sarah michelle gellar and freddie prinze, jr.

tom hanks and rita wilson  

StephanieFord
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 10:31 AM
Aside from bringing beautiful Suri into the world, this had to be the most miserable 5 years of Katies life. I'm glad she is getting out.
tydyco
by Member on Jun. 30, 2012 at 12:05 PM
It wasn't gettin any publicity for them any more. They'll both shockingly marry other people to hang on to the publics attention.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)