Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes Are Divorcing!

Posted by   + Show Post

Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes Are Divorcing

Friday June 29, 2012 01:00 PM EDT

Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes Are Divorcing | Katie Holmes, Tom Cruise

Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise

James Devaney/WireImage

Thanks for liking PEOPLE's "Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes Are Divorcing". Like PEOPLE on Facebook for breaking news, celebrity pictures, exclusive deals and more!

After five years of marriage, Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes are getting a divorce, PEOPLE has learned exclusively.

"This is a personal and private matter for Katie and her family," says Holmes's attorney Jonathan Wolfe. "Katie's primary concern remains, as it always has been, her daughter's best interest."

The Rock of Ages star, 49, wed actress Holmes, 33, in an Italian castle in November 2006. They have daughter Suri, 6.

This was Holmes's first marriage and the third for Cruise, who previously was married to the actresses Nicole Kidman, with whom he has two children, and Mimi Rogers.

"For more on the shocking split, follow PEOPLE.com and pick up the next issue of PEOPLE magazine, on newsstands Monday"

Did you think it would last this long?
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 1:20 PM
Replies (441-450):
cjsbmom
by Lois Lane on Jun. 30, 2012 at 4:49 PM

Quoting loridori4:

I noticed Katie has done much acting since she married Tombo. Her choice? His? There's? I dunno. But glad to see she is getting back into working. It will probably help her a lot. Control freak egomaniacs have a way of nullifying your self-esteem (source: Me-I was married to one at one point in my life!)

Just read a story that talked about his control issues with her. He apparently read every script that was sent her way and told her whether she was allowed to do it or not.

I'm not sure I could live with someone who thought they could make all of my life decisions for me.

BeccaBear11
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 5:11 PM
I think maybe if she was wearing flip flops it'd be alright. Her toes are so long that I don't think her toes can handle the pressure of heels that high. It's like trying to stuff your hands into a pair of stillettos. They'd be all mangled and squished.

Quoting nysa76:

I wonder if they'd look better with shoes that fit right...

Quoting LancesMom:

http://sa-2c6.blogspot.com/2009/11/katie-holmes-feet.html

Quoting JakeandEmmasMom:

*Off to Google Katie Holmes' feet*

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1plustwinsmommy
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 5:27 PM
Couldn't care less about the divorce. But those feet? U-G-L-Y you ain't hit no aliby. You ugly. Hey hey. You ugly!

Quoting BeccaBear11:

I think maybe if she was wearing flip flops it'd be alright. Her toes are so long that I don't think her toes can handle the pressure of heels that high. It's like trying to stuff your hands into a pair of stillettos. They'd be all mangled and squished.

Quoting nysa76:

I wonder if they'd look better with shoes that fit right...

Quoting LancesMom:

http://sa-2c6.blogspot.com/2009/11/katie-holmes-feet.html

Quoting JakeandEmmasMom:

*Off to Google Katie Holmes' feet*

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
survivorinohio
by René on Jun. 30, 2012 at 6:22 PM

443 replies, wow lol

angelenia
by Silver Member on Jun. 30, 2012 at 6:27 PM
1 mom liked this
that's why i popped back in here. lol.

Quoting survivorinohio:

443 replies, wow lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Donna6503
by Platinum Member on Jun. 30, 2012 at 6:28 PM
2 moms liked this
You know with Egypt, Syria, the healthcare - Obamacare debate and the court calling it a tax, record heat waves, fire in the West, etc., isn't it nice to know that this story is most important issue right now. Good to know that we live in such a great and wonderful country.

:/

Quoting survivorinohio:

443 replies, wow lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aslen
by Silver Member on Jun. 30, 2012 at 6:30 PM
Its common knowledge in hollywood. He and john travolta are both gay

Quoting Ivory_Mom1:

Didn't really care one way or the other what they were doing, but I AM laughing at some of the comments on People.  Many going on and on about how Tom is gay and it was a 5 year contract so people wouldn't figure it out, blah blah blah.  Either way, so sad to see a family split up, but hope they are happy in their new lives.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
muslimahpj
by Ruby Member on Jun. 30, 2012 at 6:31 PM
1 mom liked this

I have to say, this is could be part of the problem.

Quoting Donna6503:

You know with Egypt, Syria, the healthcare - Obamacare debate and the court calling it a tax, record heat waves, fire in the West, etc., isn't it nice to know that this story is most important issue right now. Good to know that we live in such a great and wonderful country.

Quoting survivorinohio:

443 replies, wow lol

Donna6503
by Platinum Member on Jun. 30, 2012 at 6:44 PM
1 mom liked this
Sorry PJ, you're wrong because we have women here who claim there are people who are so jealous; that they're sitting in caves thinking of ways to blow up America because we dare to talk about how ugly Katie' feet are in this planet. Those jealous American haters just wish they can talk about Katie's feet; but, can't because of their blind hatred of America.

(silly)

Quoting muslimahpj:

Quoting Donna6503:

Quoting survivorinohio:

443 replies, wow lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
muslimahpj
by Ruby Member on Jun. 30, 2012 at 6:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Silly me, how could I forget that.

:P

Quoting Donna6503:

Sorry PJ, you're wrong because we have women here who claim there are people who are so jealous; that they're sitting in caves thinking of ways to blow up America because we dare to talk about how ugly Katie' feet are in this planet. Those jealous American haters just wish they can talk about Katie's feet; but, can't because of their blind hatred of America.

(silly)

Quoting muslimahpj:

Quoting Donna6503:

Quoting survivorinohio:

443 replies, wow lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN