Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes Are Divorcing!

Posted by   + Show Post

Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes Are Divorcing

Friday June 29, 2012 01:00 PM EDT

Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes Are Divorcing | Katie Holmes, Tom Cruise

Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise

James Devaney/WireImage

Thanks for liking PEOPLE's "Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes Are Divorcing". Like PEOPLE on Facebook for breaking news, celebrity pictures, exclusive deals and more!

After five years of marriage, Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes are getting a divorce, PEOPLE has learned exclusively.

"This is a personal and private matter for Katie and her family," says Holmes's attorney Jonathan Wolfe. "Katie's primary concern remains, as it always has been, her daughter's best interest."

The Rock of Ages star, 49, wed actress Holmes, 33, in an Italian castle in November 2006. They have daughter Suri, 6.

This was Holmes's first marriage and the third for Cruise, who previously was married to the actresses Nicole Kidman, with whom he has two children, and Mimi Rogers.

"For more on the shocking split, follow PEOPLE.com and pick up the next issue of PEOPLE magazine, on newsstands Monday"

Did you think it would last this long?
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 1:20 PM
Replies (501-510):
im23vaughn
by Silver Member on Jul. 3, 2012 at 1:33 AM
Are you a family friend of TC or are you just assuming? Are you saying that fathers who work to provide for their family should lose custody because they are often gone? Gee I guess no actor, CEO, salesman or etc should have shared custody then right? Those horrible fathers providing for their kids. . Oh & again are you a FOTF cuz how do you know how often he sees his kids? You know nothing about their life except the smutt the tabloids print. But you argue like its personal. Why attack TC when you know nothing about him. I never attacked Katie. I said if she lied about the paternity she's a whore. Which logic states if she didn't what I said is null & void. Get a life! Lol

I see you still enjoy the name calling... How classy!!

Quoting woolftwo:

The only reason the other kids chose "TC" was so they could stay in the USA, they didn't want to move to Australia. What makes him a bad father is the fact that Katie is the one that was raising the other kids since he was out making "his millions" and was rarely ever around. Also believe I just read that the 18 yr old daughter works for Katie and will continue to do so.

And you should do the same as far as your opinions regarding Katie, because what you said was completely uncalled for and trashy! I'm sure she definitely doesn't care what you think. Worthless!

I don't feel bad to begin with, but thanks!

Quoting im23vaughn:

TC has 2 kids who have lived with him since his divorce from Kidman. Just because you find him weird does not make him weird & that doesn't mean he is a bad father. Kidman even tried to convince the kids to live with her in 09 or so & both kids told the judge they wanted to live with their dad.

Pass as many judgements about me that you like. Your opinion is about me is worthless. But if that's what it takes to make you feel better about yourself then Judge On!! Hope it makes you feel better!

Quoting woolftwo:

And I'm sure she'll ask for nothing, other then custody. Which she should have since he's a complete weirdo. And IMO any woman that talks the way you do well let's just say it's kind of the old saying of the pot calling the kettle black. So what you say of her must also be true of yourself. And if you're mobile then chances are you DO need spelling help and should just put it away!

Quoting im23vaughn:

Quoting woolftwo:

??? What??? 1st I'm mobile so I don't need spelling help. Lol 2nd. If the baby isn't Toms that makes her a piece of shit whore who passed a baby off as another mans for 6 years so he'd marry her. It's no a coincidence that Suri is 6 & they've been married 5 years. Last, my point was to all the moms blaming Tom for her lack of career. She's been working. Tom isn't keeping her from working. He objected to 1 nude scene. I'm glad for the prenup. Tom is worth $250 mill. Katie 25 mill. She deserves nothing but CS. ( if the baby is his)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LindaClement
by Linda on Jul. 3, 2012 at 1:58 AM

No, I didn't think it would last this long.

I don't think the child is 'theirs' in any genetic meaning of the term, and I never did.

If Tom isn't gay, he's asexual. I've always thought so, even way back before Top Gun.

im23vaughn
by Silver Member on Jul. 3, 2012 at 2:10 AM
It's scary to you. Just because you believe something wrong, crazy, or scary doesnt make it so. The history of other religions & a lot of their present day actions are scary. ( Christianity, Mormonism, Catholic, & etc) they all have done ugly & brutal things in present day & past.

Maybe you should read on of R. Hubbard's books & become knowledgeable instead of relying on smutt magazines to form your opinion. They have done anything worse than other religions. They are actually better seeing that they haven't killed millions in their religions name.

TC should not be ostracized because of his religion or what the tabloids say. That's just silly. KH is divorcing TC. Could it be that like 60% of other marriages it just didn't work out for normal reasons. Hollywood couples divorce every day.

Will & Jada Smith are Scientologists. Plenty of well respected people are. I am not going down him for the actions of others or their personal beliefs.

Quoting cjsbmom:

Quoting im23vaughn:

Quoting cjsbmom:

Quoting im23vaughn:

Quoting cjsbmom:

Quoting im23vaughn:

Quoting lga1965:

Quoting im23vaughn:

So is Christianity, but I don't see anyone getting their panties in bunch over celebrities being Christians.

Quoting lga1965:

Wow---lots of drama here and hatred for Katie!

Tom is a Scientologist and that is a CULT and he is considered one of the "top guys" in the Cult. It is a frightening group and it controls its members. No wonder Katie is divorcing him. And taking their little girl with her. I'm on HER side in this. Tom and the Scientologists are scary.

You can't compare them. Scientology IS a Cult . Christianity is a religion. It would be helpful if you would do some in-depth reading about Scientology .....

I don't understand what you are trying to say. And why did you use the same old "panties in a bunch" phrase when nobody has their "panties in a bunch"? LOL

I know more about Scientology than most. Scientology is a religion as well. Please explain why you think they aren't. What basis do you use to classify a religion?

re·li·gion

[ri-lij-uhn] Show IPA

noun
a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, especially when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.

a specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects: the Christian religion; the Buddhist religion.

the body of persons adhering to a particular set of beliefs and practices: a world council of religions.

Scientology definitely falls into this scope. Just because you don't agree with what they believe doesn't make their religion any less valid.

Do other religions send "muscle" to camp outside someone's apartment when they file for divorce from someone involved with the so-called religion? Because there is a car full of Scientologists parked outside Holmes' NY apartment, harassing people who are there, following her every time she leaves her apartment, etc. That is some sick shit.

Dang! Do you believe everything you read off of the tabloid. Katie hasn't came out & stated she thinks it's Scientology. The Church has denied it. So because an unnamed source says it's true you believe it?

WOW!! I have a bridge to sell you!!

You can keep your bridge. Yes, I believe it. And you know why? Because Scientology is a cult, period. They don't like it when people leave them. And they especially do not like that such a high-profile member of their "religion" is being so publicly divorced by his third wife. She isn't going to say anything right now, because she is starting divorce proceedings. She's more than likely been told to keep her mouth shut. So of course she isn't going to come right out and say it.

People are always quicker to believe a lie than the truth. Personally, I'd rather wait for the parties involved to confirm than to believe the tabloids who's sole job is to make up lies and sensationalize any & everything.

I believe it because Scientologists are nuts. Have you ever heard any of them -- including Tom Cruise -- talk about their "religion?" It's scary.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TinyTootiePie
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 3:06 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm sure her feet aren't really as bad they look in those stupid shoes. Her feet look like they're struggling to stay in those shoes! With all that money you'd think she'd buy nice shoes that fit well and don't make her feet miserable and look disfigured.

Quoting nysa76:

I wonder if they'd look better with shoes that fit right...

Quoting LancesMom:

http://sa-2c6.blogspot.com/2009/11/katie-holmes-feet.html

Quoting JakeandEmmasMom:

*Off to Google Katie Holmes' feet*

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsbmom
by Lois Lane on Jul. 3, 2012 at 6:57 AM

You make a lot of assumptions.

I have read up on L. Ron Hubbard. It's one of the many reasons I think Scientologists are farking nutso.

Quoting im23vaughn:

It's scary to you. Just because you believe something wrong, crazy, or scary doesnt make it so. The history of other religions & a lot of their present day actions are scary. ( Christianity, Mormonism, Catholic, & etc) they all have done ugly & brutal things in present day & past.

Maybe you should read on of R. Hubbard's books & become knowledgeable instead of relying on smutt magazines to form your opinion. They have done anything worse than other religions. They are actually better seeing that they haven't killed millions in their religions name.

TC should not be ostracized because of his religion or what the tabloids say. That's just silly. KH is divorcing TC. Could it be that like 60% of other marriages it just didn't work out for normal reasons. Hollywood couples divorce every day.

Will & Jada Smith are Scientologists. Plenty of well respected people are. I am not going down him for the actions of others or their personal beliefs.

Quoting cjsbmom:

Q

im23vaughn
by Silver Member on Jul. 3, 2012 at 12:21 PM
I guess we will have to agree to disagree.

Quoting cjsbmom:

You make a lot of assumptions.

I have read up on L. Ron Hubbard. It's one of the many reasons I think Scientologists are farking nutso.

Quoting im23vaughn:

Quoting cjsbmom:

Q

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
free1
by ~FreeSpirit~ on Jul. 3, 2012 at 1:08 PM

Who Knew??

jam92906
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 5:44 PM
First I've heard of ot but I don't watch tv.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WesternNYmom
by Silver Member on Jul. 5, 2012 at 6:28 PM

I agree. Katie is really talented. I loved her in the Kennedys.

Quoting woolftwo:

The 8 movies since 2008, could be because she's a "MOM"!!! I guess to each his own, but I think he's gross! Short and lumpy and NOT sexy at all. But he is a good actor, as is she, and she can also sing and dance! And I do agree, lucky for HER there was a prenup! Would be very funny though if it came out that Suri isn't even his!

Oh yeah, and btw, it's IMDB.

Quoting im23vaughn:

I'm surprised. He is no weirder than anyone else in hollywood. Plus, he's sexy as hell. I'm just glad he had her sign a prenup.

She prob will do some flop movies. I looked on idmb & she's done like 8 movies since 2008. So Tom ain't reason her career hasn't taken off. She's a tv actress who could never quite transform into a movie actress.

JP-StrongForTwo
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 6:35 PM

its about time!!!

i have wanted her to get her and her children away from that psychotic asshole for years now. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured