Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Is this a true Statement?

Posted by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 1:28 AM
  • 214 Replies
1 mom liked this

Some people think they know me. NOPE. you only Know what I want you to Know.

by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 1:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ripemango
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 1:29 AM
16 moms liked this

it's a racist statement.

I don't know where the sunbeams end and the starlights begin; it's all a mystery.

heidimoose134
by Momma Moose on Jul. 1, 2012 at 1:32 AM
1 mom liked this

I disagree.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

sherry132
by Silver Member on Jul. 1, 2012 at 1:32 AM

I think it's sad, but I'm glad after the comments I saw a news program make that they at least change the fair skin, blue eyed, blonde haired people who originally participated. 

I don't think it's hard to see racism when you are white. I am considered white (I'm actually mixed but my skin is very light caucasion), and I see where people are treated differently in all kinds of circumstances, not just towards the blacks, but all differences. 

rfurlongg
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 1:59 AM
No.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NiCo86
by Member on Jul. 1, 2012 at 2:00 AM

that's a pretty racist statement.

Goodwoman614
by Satan on Jul. 1, 2012 at 2:04 AM
7 moms liked this
Many times, yes.
I think some (white) ppl have a hard time recognizing this, b/c they apply the statement personally.
I think many (white) ppl lack the knowledge or insight or education or experience to realize there is truth to this statement.
sleepymommy87
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 2:20 AM
11 moms liked this

I think that it's easy to say you know what racism is when you aren't the subject of it the majority of your life. I'm white, sure I've experienced racism at times, but I will NEVER know what it's like to walk down the street and have people clutch their purses and lock their doors. Why? Because I'm white. My husband is black and is the most wonderful person I've ever met. He's kind hearted, goofy, and sweet as sugar... but he's been looked at as if he is a hoodlum many many times for simply walking down the street. 

manifer_momma
by Member on Jul. 1, 2012 at 2:22 AM
1 mom liked this
Completely false and quite racist itself.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AnakaAlisyn
by New Member on Jul. 1, 2012 at 2:23 AM
6 moms liked this

I'm white and I think its true.  I never noticed racism until I married someone and had a daughter not my own race.  Now I see racism more, but I think it's because I've become sensitive it because of them.  I think most white people think they see racism, but they don't because they've never had to live it.  If they got made up to look like someone of a different race and walked around for a day, then they would know.

Goodwoman614
by Satan on Jul. 1, 2012 at 2:30 AM
Quoting AnakaAlisyn:

I'm white and I think its true.  I never noticed racism until I married someone and had a daughter not my own race.  Now I see racism more, but I think it's because I've become sensitive it because of them.  I think most white people think they see racism, but they don't because they've never had to live it.  If they got made up to look like someone of a different race and walked around for a day, then they would know.

This was actually done, at least once, by some "news" program - Dateline or 20/20 or such.
VERY eye opening.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)