Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Annual Pastor's Conference... Black People Not Allowed

Posted by   + Show Post

Annual Pastor's Conference... Black People Not Allowed

July 4, 2012 By Hemant Mehta 16 Comments

That's a real thing. Christian Identity Ministries exists. Hell, this is their fourth conference.

So why only White Christians? The organizers explained using all of the wisdom at their disposal:

The organizer of the event, Rev. William C. Collier says that his Church of God's Chosen (Christian Identity Ministries) is not a hate group but adds that he believes "the white race is God's chosen people."

... Collier said, "We don't have the facilities to accommodate other people. We haven't got any invitations to black muslim events. Of course, we are not invited to Jewish events and stuff."

Mel Lewis said, "We have a right as Americans to meet, to pray, to assemble. If someone is offended too bad"

I can't understand why groups wouldn't invite these guys to their parties...

Brace yourself for the onslaught of Christians explaining why these Christians aren't really Christians.

by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 8:58 AM
Replies (31-40):
moniagee
by Member on Jul. 4, 2012 at 11:29 AM
I was wondering if I was the only one who picked up on that?

Quoting Themis_Defleo:

The event closes with a cross burning. Nice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jewjewbee
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 11:31 AM
Oh, and this is a true photo, ABC reported on it.
FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Jul. 4, 2012 at 11:33 AM

Quoting gsprofval:

The red below is the whole point--if other groups do it, it's fine and celebrated, but if whites want to have a group meeting, it's considered wrong.  It just doesn't make any sense to me.

Quoting FromAtoZ:

What would we call this 'white club'?  How would one gain entry?  My skin might look white but I am Irish and Portuguese.  So how would I 'prove' I am white?  Based only on my skin color?

Nah, no thank you.  I do not want to be part of something that includes, or excludes, based soley on my skin color.  Which, if I am wearing the wrong shade of yellow, looks  a little green.

Can you answer the questions I asked above?  That is part of the 'point'.

"A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song." ~ Maya Angelou

Radarma
by "OneDar" on Jul. 4, 2012 at 11:40 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting gsprofval:

The red below is the whole point--if other groups do it, it's fine and celebrated, but if whites want to have a group meeting, it's considered wrong.  It just doesn't make any sense to me.

Quoting FromAtoZ:

What would we call this 'white club'?  How would one gain entry?  My skin might look white but I am Irish and Portuguese.  So how would I 'prove' I am white?  Based only on my skin color?

Nah, no thank you.  I do not want to be part of something that includes, or excludes, based soley on my skin color.  Which, if I am wearing the wrong shade of yellow, looks  a little green.

What are you talking about? What club? This post is ABOUT a specific "club" or "group"...why not ASK THEM your questions.

This poster, gsprofval is not suggesting she would like to put together a "white club".

Why don't you counter HER point, and explain how when white people want to gather it is taboo/racist/wrong, yet any other color nationality size shape and orientation has "clubs", and it is perfectly acceptable.

Forget the cross and God angle, explain that.

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Jul. 4, 2012 at 11:42 AM

Quoting Radarma:

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting gsprofval:

Quoting FromAtoZ:

What are you talking about? What club? This post is ABOUT a specific "club" or "group"...why not ASK THEM your questions.

This poster, gsprofval is not suggesting she would like to put together a "white club".

Why don't you counter HER point, and explain how when white people want to gather it is taboo/racist/wrong, yet any other color nationality size shape and orientation has "clubs", and it is perfectly acceptable.

Nice deflection.

"A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song." ~ Maya Angelou

xo.MommyW.xo
by Silver Member on Jul. 4, 2012 at 11:43 AM
2 moms liked this
The white ppl are gods chosen race but jesus wasnt white.... hashtag fail
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gsprofval
by Silver Member on Jul. 4, 2012 at 11:43 AM

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting gsprofval:

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Since I'm not starting an exclusive club, the name doesn't apply. As for being a part of an exclusive club, just because my skin looks white, I guess I'm part of the that race even though I have French, Indiana, and English blood. It doesn't really matter to me.

I know people from other cultures and have no idea what their skin color implies, nor do I care.  They are people to me and I like to learn about their culture from them.

Perhaps this will help to explain what I'm saying.  Many people describe themselves as Irish American, Portguese American, African American, French American, etc. Why do the distinctions need to be made?  I am American period!!!!!

Radarma
by "OneDar" on Jul. 4, 2012 at 11:44 AM

Quoting Themis_Defleo:

The event closes with a cross burning. Nice.

I know zip about this group of people, but I am sure you can speak to this:

In Virginia v. Black (2003), the United States Supreme Court ruled that a statute outlawing the public burning of a cross with intent to intimidate is Constitutional, but if the statute does not require an additional showing of the intent to intimidate outside the burning itself, then the statute cannot pass Constitutional muster.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Are they breaking a law with burning a cross? Does it, as I am reading it, come down to "intent"? What do you think this group means by burning a cross?

Radarma
by "OneDar" on Jul. 4, 2012 at 11:45 AM

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting Radarma:

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting gsprofval:

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Nice deflection.

Whatever.

Hard to explain, I know.

These people read like raving looneys...but they have a RIGHT to gather based on whatever conditions they choose.

futureshock
by Ruby Member on Jul. 4, 2012 at 11:45 AM
1 mom liked this

I have no problem with this, as long as they aren't getting any Federal tax money.  Private groups have the right to form and to include/exclude anyone they want. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)