Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

US citizens leaving the country!

Posted by   + Show Post
I keep reading or hearing in the news about ppl saying they would move to Canada or another country if Obama wins. And now because of the health care. So, how can they do this legally? Forget the famous ppl because they have enough money, im sure it would be easier. I mean the regular people, like you and me! With a regular job and maybe a degree or just a college but not the BA!

by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 4:40 PM
Replies (11-20):
mikiemom
by Ruby Member on Jul. 4, 2012 at 5:08 PM

You determine the country you want to go to and apply for an entrance visa, you will need a us passport to begin with probably skills and ability to sustain yourself. The others are right if you are leaving due to the affordable healthcare act you might want to rething canada or any other western nation for that matter.

Kleotide
by Member on Jul. 4, 2012 at 5:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Seriously, they are being idiots.  The United States is the only developed country that does not have a national health care plan.  I'm not saying the Obama's is the best, but if it's having national health care that pisses them off, they aren't going to be able to get away from it by going to Canada.

A loving wife since 08/06; a Mom to Inara since 9/08, and Rowan since 1/12.

Shelley927
by Member on Jul. 4, 2012 at 5:09 PM

Quoting Sisteract:

Quoting Shelley927:

I honestly dont think Obama is gonna win at this point....

The man with the mo$t donation$ will likely win.

Romney is Obama-

I guess we find out in November....

mommy2b39465
by Bronze Member on Jul. 4, 2012 at 5:12 PM

umm....you get your passport, get a plane ticket and your shots, and book it to Costa Rica!

JessicaN27
by Bronze Member on Jul. 4, 2012 at 5:12 PM
5 moms liked this

The people threatening to come to Canada are morons who wouldn't actually do it.
At least I hope they don't come here, we don't need that. 

GoddessNDaRuff
by Silver Member on Jul. 4, 2012 at 5:13 PM

Where is the lovely lady with the siggy on this topic?

specialwingz
by Bronze Member on Jul. 4, 2012 at 5:17 PM
4 moms liked this

I find it funny how people think the USA is the only place people can immigrate to.  Americans immigrate to other countries all the time.  

flika
by Bronze Member on Jul. 4, 2012 at 5:27 PM
Quoting Sisteract:

My daughter lives and works in So America. She has lived and worked there off on for 3 years. She is currently in line to get a business Visa that is driven/obtained with the help of her employer. She has her MA and is the head of the Science Dept at a large, Cambridge affiliated British International High School. She also teaches Chemistry to Jr students and  Soph-Sr Environmental Econ. For the past 2 years she was legally working on student and cultural Visas.

It is just has difficult to enter and legally work in any other country as it for foreign workers to come/work (legally) in the US. You really need to work hard to secure a business connection.

Wow, that sounds exciting! Im guessing she likes the country. What is the government like where she is? What country, if you dont mind me asking, is she now?
flika
by Bronze Member on Jul. 4, 2012 at 5:30 PM
Quoting mommy2b39465:

umm....you get your passport, get a plane ticket and your shots, and book it to Costa Rica!

Lol! I guess that works if it is temporary! But how would a person move to stay and work in Costa Rica?
My son is visiting friends in the UK but he cant work there legally. So i dont think is as easy as getting there and look for a job.
FrogSalad
by Sooze on Jul. 4, 2012 at 5:30 PM
2 moms liked this

Beats me.  Unless (general) you have a specialized degree or profession, most industiralized countries aren't interested in taking you in.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)