Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

George Zimmerman's bond is $1,000,000... Too high?

Posted by   + Show Post

Well, George has been given a $1,000,000 bail bond. What do you think ladies?

peeking

by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 1:02 PM
Replies (131-140):
Della529
by Matlock on Jul. 5, 2012 at 5:49 PM
4 moms liked this

How is that possible when not all of the evidence has been released nor have we actually heard witness testimony in court?

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Look instead of having this a bash-feast, why not just stick to debating?  The polls are Rasmussen Reports, I've posted it several times already.  Although, I know most ppl will dismissed it, but it's there.  It's what Americans are saying.  What goes behind my eyes, well I believe it's the truth.  I can say the same about those that believe in Z's guilt as well.  It works both way, Roma.  I can ALSO see in those eyes of ppl that believe he's guilty.  I'm just thankful that MOST of Americans are just going by the facts/evidence/EYE witnesses in this case & will continue to do so.  More & more Americans ARE believing in his innocence, the others are undecided & a VERY small numbers of his guilt.  What's even more positive is that fact ONLY 47% of Blacks believe he's guilty. 

Quoting romalove:

Quoting Naturewoman4:

I never get upset with ppl that says things like what you have.  Because, I know it's just your frustration & anger speaking.  I'm blind & sick huh?  Care to tell me why you feel that way?  just curious...Because, I'm just voicing my opinion on this case, just as you & many others are here.  I don't feel the need to attack anyone though just because we don't agree.  Don't you believe in Freedom of Speech?  Freedom to express a person's opinions on things?  OR does EVERYONE have to agree EXACTLY like the way alot of ppl here on CM do?  What do you have to say about the most recent polls stating that 40% (up 25%) NOW feel it WAS self-defense, 36% undecided, & NOW ONLY 25% Adults believe he's guilty (down from 33%). AND ONLY 47% Blacks feel he's guilty.  I know you're going to say F...polls, but they DO say something.

Quoting Erimar23:

Quoting Naturewoman4:you are a very blind sick woman who needs help

I guess because I feel Z is be unjustly convicted in the eyes of SOME group of ppl & the Media as well.  There has been LIES right from the start in the Media.  IF this case was on the up & up, and the TRUTH was told and not painted the way it has been, then perhaps I wouldn't be donating.  There are alot of causes I agree, & can't do them all.  But, the fact that I am passionate enough to a cause that I beleive in, then I feel it's the right thing to do.  Aparently, I'm not alone in this.  But, even if I wasn't, I would still how true to how I feel.

Quoting MomofNikki2010:

Why are you son invested in this case to donate money to it? There are so many other cases much more worthy. How sad.

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Trust me the donations will keep coming in :)  Sorry, but I believe when a person is 'innocent' then it's great this Country recognizes it.  When the polls now show that 40% believe he's acted in Self-Defense, that's quite a bit of supporters.  Supporters, like myself that are donating for his defense.  Then there's 36% that are undecided.  That ONLY leaves 24% that feels he's guilty.  As more & more evidence comes in, more & more ppl are believing it was self-defense.  What's even more of a pleasant surprised, is that ONLY 47% believes he's guilty.  To me, that says ALOT.

Quoting joyfree:

I'm hoping that he stays in the slammer, but I'm sure he's still getting oodles of money from his beloved suckers---oops! I mean supporters!slapping forehead

But after a short Google search, I can't find a supporters' website. Hmmmm? What WILL they do now?

What is the source for your poll?

And the poll aside, lots of people believe all kinds of crap that has no bearing on reality.

You continue to show your true colors, what is going on behind your eyes, and we all can see it, even if you can't.

Naturewoman4
by Platinum Member on Jul. 5, 2012 at 5:49 PM

To me it doesn't matter what happen as far as the lies said or not said, in the BOND issues, it can't be a factor in the case itself.  It can't convict a person.  I feel the Forensic Acct. showed what happen with the money.  Have you or anyone else PROVED that Z confronted T on his own?  Where's the evidence? Also, EVEN IF (& I don't believe it) Z did continue to look for T, then T stopped therefore Z found him.  Words were exchanged & T punched Z to ground breaking his nose, then pounding his head into the cement.  Where is it legal to punch someone in the face, knocking him down breaking his nose, then pounding his head into the cement is ok?  That IS assault. Yet, it is NOT illegal to follow someone because you felt he was suspicious.   

Quoting katy_kay08:

you keep saying Trayvon went back to confront Zimmerman but have not provided anything to substantiate that scenario. 

Zimmerman's word cannot be trusted because he has now shown he is willing to lie.   

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Well No. 1, I would hope & the common sense my son would have is to NOT go back to confront such a scary ass man.  T (if he had common sense) would of been able to make it back in time, inside the comfort of where he was staying.  No. 2, that if it was not avoided, then not of punched a scary ass man to the ground to begin with.  Just say what you need to say, cuss the man out, whatever.  But, what I believe is once you start a fight, anything can happen.  Maybe, that's why we tell our sons to walk away. 

So, however why it happen.  Which it's Z's word against unfor. no one's else word, why couldn't T just leave it at "why are you following me"......then, Z say "what are you doing around here"....then, T just say something like "what the F...does it matter to you, who are you?".....OR just say I live around here, & that's the end of it.  But, NO he had to start the fight, that ended his own life.  So, maybe we need to teach our kids to walk away from a fight...because, unfort. ppl & kids now days DO HAVE WEAPONS.  In the old days, kids/men use to fight with their fist only.  But, NOT banging someone's head into the cement constantly that may cause SOME pretty serious injuries or death.  That's where I feel T crossed the line with his anger and paid the price. 

Quoting momtoscott:

I am afraid of the end results if it is judged that Zimmerman's murder of this kid was self defense because I am the mother of a teenage boy.  I don't want some paranoid asshole cop wannabe with a short fuse and a gun deciding that my kid is walking through the wrong neighborhood at 7:00 in the evening.  Ooh, a threat, he doesn't want to tell a stranger his name and address:  Boom!  Bye bye my kid. 

I'm not going to argue the case or percentages with you, but I think it might be safe to say that about 95% of the posters here think you are 100% crazy with regard to this. 

The bail was too low IMO.   

Quoting Naturewoman4:

If any of you are disgusted, it's because you are afraid of the truth.  You're afraid of the end results.  You don't want to hear HOW many ppl that feel it was self-defense.  I wonder why?  Also, the fact that T's own dad said it wasn't his son's screams.  A father would know his own son's screams.  That statement the Courts have now.  Therefore, IF it goes to Trial (which I don't believe it will) the Jurors will see/hear all this evidence.  IF I have any grip of the parents, it's because I partly blame them.  For the poor parenting job they did.  The father wanted to be more of a 'friend' to T then be his father.  That to me is sad & disgusting....I'm sure both parents will have alot of guilt the rest of their lives. 

Quoting TCgirlatheart:

Oh please.  What an amazing selective memory you have.

We have debated.  Your inability to deal with the facts of the case, and leave your own suppositions out is why I'm done debating you.  

Your continued vilification of a dead teen, and his family, is why I don't read your responses anymore. Disgusting.

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Why?  What are you afraid of?  Afraid I just might be right?  Why don't you just debate me.  That's what I don't understand from all your Trayvon supporters.  You have to just resort to bashing, name calling & attacks.  It shows me alot, that you CAN'T debate me in the facts/evidence/EYE witnesses in this case.  Ppl that resort to these attacks do so, because that's all they can do.  Very interesting!

Quoting TCgirlatheart:

I can't even read her posts at this point.  Ugh!

Quoting jewels5525:

Uh-oh, Nature, better get on that.....

Quoting Sisteract:

Quoting Mortiferouslatt:

Was there a stipulation that it be paid in full or can he get out with just a %? Idk if the laws/rules on bond differ from state to state.

10%- and evidently Zimmerman can not meet the bond at this point-

WesternNYmom
by Silver Member on Jul. 5, 2012 at 5:50 PM

The judge probably based this ruling on the fact that George and his wife hid the money he got for his defense in several bank accounts that the court was unaware of.

Quoting katy_kay08:

He can't open a bank account, does that mean he has to close the accounts that are already open?  I wonder what the thinking was behind that stipulation.  

DixieL
by Dixie on Jul. 5, 2012 at 5:52 PM

I'm glad that it is so high I hope he can't get out. I hope he stays in jail and spends years at least most of the rest of his life there

Naturewoman4
by Platinum Member on Jul. 5, 2012 at 5:54 PM

Well the pics., EYE witnesses have been released and are in the hands of the court.  Why would the Statements of the EYE witnesses that have stated the same thing over & over, then released isn't considered evidence?  Also, IF you are now stating that ALL the evidence isn't in, then why would you all here say he's guilty then?  When in reality you don't know that for a fact he isn't. 

Quoting Della529:

How is that possible when not all of the evidence has been released nor have we actually heard witness testimony in court?

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Look instead of having this a bash-feast, why not just stick to debating?  The polls are Rasmussen Reports, I've posted it several times already.  Although, I know most ppl will dismissed it, but it's there.  It's what Americans are saying.  What goes behind my eyes, well I believe it's the truth.  I can say the same about those that believe in Z's guilt as well.  It works both way, Roma.  I can ALSO see in those eyes of ppl that believe he's guilty.  I'm just thankful that MOST of Americans are just going by the facts/evidence/EYE witnesses in this case & will continue to do so.  More & more Americans ARE believing in his innocence, the others are undecided & a VERY small numbers of his guilt.  What's even more positive is that fact ONLY 47% of Blacks believe he's guilty. 

Quoting romalove:

Quoting Naturewoman4:

I never get upset with ppl that says things like what you have.  Because, I know it's just your frustration & anger speaking.  I'm blind & sick huh?  Care to tell me why you feel that way?  just curious...Because, I'm just voicing my opinion on this case, just as you & many others are here.  I don't feel the need to attack anyone though just because we don't agree.  Don't you believe in Freedom of Speech?  Freedom to express a person's opinions on things?  OR does EVERYONE have to agree EXACTLY like the way alot of ppl here on CM do?  What do you have to say about the most recent polls stating that 40% (up 25%) NOW feel it WAS self-defense, 36% undecided, & NOW ONLY 25% Adults believe he's guilty (down from 33%). AND ONLY 47% Blacks feel he's guilty.  I know you're going to say F...polls, but they DO say something.

Quoting Erimar23:

Quoting Naturewoman4:you are a very blind sick woman who needs help

I guess because I feel Z is be unjustly convicted in the eyes of SOME group of ppl & the Media as well.  There has been LIES right from the start in the Media.  IF this case was on the up & up, and the TRUTH was told and not painted the way it has been, then perhaps I wouldn't be donating.  There are alot of causes I agree, & can't do them all.  But, the fact that I am passionate enough to a cause that I beleive in, then I feel it's the right thing to do.  Aparently, I'm not alone in this.  But, even if I wasn't, I would still how true to how I feel.

Quoting MomofNikki2010:

Why are you son invested in this case to donate money to it? There are so many other cases much more worthy. How sad.

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Trust me the donations will keep coming in :)  Sorry, but I believe when a person is 'innocent' then it's great this Country recognizes it.  When the polls now show that 40% believe he's acted in Self-Defense, that's quite a bit of supporters.  Supporters, like myself that are donating for his defense.  Then there's 36% that are undecided.  That ONLY leaves 24% that feels he's guilty.  As more & more evidence comes in, more & more ppl are believing it was self-defense.  What's even more of a pleasant surprised, is that ONLY 47% believes he's guilty.  To me, that says ALOT.

Quoting joyfree:

I'm hoping that he stays in the slammer, but I'm sure he's still getting oodles of money from his beloved suckers---oops! I mean supporters!slapping forehead

But after a short Google search, I can't find a supporters' website. Hmmmm? What WILL they do now?

What is the source for your poll?

And the poll aside, lots of people believe all kinds of crap that has no bearing on reality.

You continue to show your true colors, what is going on behind your eyes, and we all can see it, even if you can't.

TCgirlatheart
by TC on Jul. 5, 2012 at 5:55 PM
Tsk tsk, you forgot the proof for your timeline of events below...

Quoting Naturewoman4:

To me it doesn't matter what happen as far as the lies said or not said, in the BOND issues, it can't be a factor in the case itself.  It can't convict a person.  I feel the Forensic Acct. showed what happen with the money.  Have you or anyone else PROVED that Z confronted T on his own?  Where's the evidence? Also, EVEN IF (& I don't believe it) Z did continue to look for T, then T stopped therefore Z found him.  Words were exchanged & T punched Z to ground breaking his nose, then pounding his head into the cement.  Where is it legal to punch someone in the face, knocking him down breaking his nose, then pounding his head into the cement is ok?  That IS assault. Yet, it is NOT illegal to follow someone because you felt he was suspicious.   

Quoting katy_kay08:

you keep saying Trayvon went back to confront Zimmerman but have not provided anything to substantiate that scenario. 

Zimmerman's word cannot be trusted because he has now shown he is willing to lie.   

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Well No. 1, I would hope & the common sense my son would have is to NOT go back to confront such a scary ass man.  T (if he had common sense) would of been able to make it back in time, inside the comfort of where he was staying.  No. 2, that if it was not avoided, then not of punched a scary ass man to the ground to begin with.  Just say what you need to say, cuss the man out, whatever.  But, what I believe is once you start a fight, anything can happen.  Maybe, that's why we tell our sons to walk away. 

So, however why it happen.  Which it's Z's word against unfor. no one's else word, why couldn't T just leave it at "why are you following me"......then, Z say "what are you doing around here"....then, T just say something like "what the F...does it matter to you, who are you?".....OR just say I live around here, & that's the end of it.  But, NO he had to start the fight, that ended his own life.  So, maybe we need to teach our kids to walk away from a fight...because, unfort. ppl & kids now days DO HAVE WEAPONS.  In the old days, kids/men use to fight with their fist only.  But, NOT banging someone's head into the cement constantly that may cause SOME pretty serious injuries or death.  That's where I feel T crossed the line with his anger and paid the price. 

Quoting momtoscott:

I am afraid of the end results if it is judged that Zimmerman's murder of this kid was self defense because I am the mother of a teenage boy.  I don't want some paranoid asshole cop wannabe with a short fuse and a gun deciding that my kid is walking through the wrong neighborhood at 7:00 in the evening.  Ooh, a threat, he doesn't want to tell a stranger his name and address:  Boom!  Bye bye my kid. 

I'm not going to argue the case or percentages with you, but I think it might be safe to say that about 95% of the posters here think you are 100% crazy with regard to this. 

Quoting Naturewoman4:

If any of you are disgusted, it's because you are afraid of the truth.  You're afraid of the end results.  You don't want to hear HOW many ppl that feel it was self-defense.  I wonder why?  Also, the fact that T's own dad said it wasn't his son's screams.  A father would know his own son's screams.  That statement the Courts have now.  Therefore, IF it goes to Trial (which I don't believe it will) the Jurors will see/hear all this evidence.  IF I have any grip of the parents, it's because I partly blame them.  For the poor parenting job they did.  The father wanted to be more of a 'friend' to T then be his father.  That to me is sad & disgusting....I'm sure both parents will have alot of guilt the rest of their lives. 

Quoting TCgirlatheart:

We have debated.  Your inability to deal with the facts of the case, and leave your own suppositions out is why I'm done debating you.  

Your continued vilification of a dead teen, and his family, is why I don't read your responses anymore. Disgusting.

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Why?  What are you afraid of?  Afraid I just might be right?  Why don't you just debate me.  That's what I don't understand from all your Trayvon supporters.  You have to just resort to bashing, name calling & attacks.  It shows me alot, that you CAN'T debate me in the facts/evidence/EYE witnesses in this case.  Ppl that resort to these attacks do so, because that's all they can do.  Very interesting!

Quoting TCgirlatheart:

Quoting jewels5525:

Quoting Sisteract:

Quoting Mortiferouslatt:

Was there a stipulation that it be paid in full or can he get out with just a %? Idk if the laws/rules on bond differ from state to state.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DixieL
by Dixie on Jul. 5, 2012 at 5:59 PM

Not high enough

1Giovanni
by Becca on Jul. 5, 2012 at 6:03 PM
1 mom liked this

The thing is even if T did confront him, that would be normal  male teen. My son would had ask "what the hell are you following me ass hole." Then he would probably start walking away, if he felt threaten at all he would probably protect himself. We don't know if Z did something that made T think he had to protect himself, if he even hit Z first, I don't think there is enough evidence to say that T strike first.

My son is a hot head, and very verble. Good kid, but don't take crap from people. To him he would think Z was up to NO good. 

Who was the Teen and who was the so called adult.?T was acting like a normal Teen. Z was acting like a young teen. No matter how you twist things, Z was the adult and he should had acting like one. He should had walked his ass right back to that vehicle and drove away. I know you said he was, but the evidence I have read he was following T. Nope he wasn't leaving.

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Quoting momtoscott:

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Quoting TCgirlatheart:

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Quoting TCgirlatheart:

Quoting jewels5525:

Quoting Sisteract:

Quoting Mortiferouslatt:

joyfree
by Silver Member on Jul. 5, 2012 at 6:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah, time to head to the bank to get that cashier check ready to go!

sidesplittinglaughter

Quoting jewels5525:

Quoting Sisteract:

Quoting Mortiferouslatt:

JoshRachelsMAMA
by JRM on Jul. 5, 2012 at 6:07 PM
Lol. Gotta love cafemom court. Where everyFUCKINGbody is a legal expert...

Carry on.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN