Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Most Gay Men CHOOSE to be GAY: Argument AGAINST Gay Marriage

Posted by on Jul. 7, 2012 at 12:37 PM
  • 321 Replies

I posted this a while ago in another group.  I'll add the link in the first post. I thought it would be interesting to discuss it here and now:

Here is the basic argument against gay marriage by

Rabbi Shmuley Boteach:

"There are two kinds of gay men, those who, amid strong homosexual inclination, still harbor an attraction to women, and those who harbor none. Studies show that the overwhelming number of gay men are [in that first category, they harbor an attraction to women.] They are capable of having sex with a woman, and indeed 90 percent of gay men admit to having done so. It is for this reason that society should not legalize gay marriage and elevate it to the same plane as heterosexual marriages, because there is then no incentive for these men, who are in essence bisexual, to make an effort to direct their erotic focus toward women and raise their heterosexual attraction above their same-sex one.

Even fully heterosexual men must learn sexual discipline within marriage by being monogamous amidst their natural attraction to many women. And there is nothing cruel in encouraging men who have an attraction to both sexes to try and focus their sexual desire on women rather than on men." 

It is important to note that the man who is making this argument isn't claiming to be speaking about all gay men:

"But then there are men who find the idea of sex with a woman positively repulsive. Religious individuals and moralists who encourage gay men with absolutely no attraction to women to enter into the heterosexual institution of marriage are not only unrealistic, they are cruel, cold and heartless. The practice is immoral and deeply destructive to the marriage's participants, as well as to the children who follow. For these men, civil unions should be legally available as a viable alternative, and I find it absurd that it is religious conservatives who are the main obstacles to gay civil unions."

To read the rest:

http://www.wnd.com/index.php/index.php/index.php/index.php?pageId=26084

by on Jul. 7, 2012 at 12:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JessicaN27
by Bronze Member on Jul. 7, 2012 at 12:39 PM

Nope.

caito
by Silver Member on Jul. 7, 2012 at 12:40 PM

wtf.

krysstizzle
by on Jul. 7, 2012 at 12:42 PM
15 moms liked this
Just a quick thought, as I didn't follow the links:

It simply does not matter if a man is gay or bisexual (or a woman, for that matter). If they're bisexual and want to marry someone of the same sex, so be it! There is something wrong with "encouraging" someone to love a specific sex partner, regardless of what this author thinks. It's called "mind your own damn business, you meddling fools!"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mlg1989
by Bronze Member on Jul. 7, 2012 at 12:43 PM
12 moms liked this

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
futureshock
by Ruby Member on Jul. 7, 2012 at 12:45 PM
1 mom liked this

I strongly recommend reading the entire article.

mikiemom
by Ruby Member on Jul. 7, 2012 at 12:45 PM

the first in the group would be bisexual. One can not help who they fall in love with. I agree forcing gay men and or gay women into a sexless union is cruel to all involved.

krysstizzle
by on Jul. 7, 2012 at 12:52 PM
10 moms liked this
Lmao!!

Homosexuality occurs in hundreds of species in nature. About as natural as it gets, I'd say.

Quoting EastCoastMom78:

One man one woman only! God didn't create gay. He doesn't accept gay and it is a sin. You have a choice in life to be gay or straight. If your parents rasie you correctly you will not become gay. So sick and tired of people saying they are born that way. They aren't. That is a load of BS.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LucyMom08
by Gold Member on Jul. 7, 2012 at 12:52 PM
4 moms liked this
I would agree that as bisexual, yes, where there is more than one option, choice tends to come into play...then you have homosexual men, whom the author agreed there was no choice...so he wants to limit the choice of bisexual men to only women? That's absolutely ridiculous...and what about women? Would they get any choice? Being gay is not gender specific...

And does he take into account the number of homosexual individuals who engage in heterosexual acts just because that's what they *should* be doing? Many people suppress that part of themselves to keep from subjecting themselves to ridicule and hatred...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LucyMom08
by Gold Member on Jul. 7, 2012 at 12:54 PM
7 moms liked this
There's only one load of bs I see and it's what I just quoted...

Quoting EastCoastMom78:

One man one woman only! God didn't create gay. He doesn't accept gay and it is a sin. You have a choice in life to be gay or straight. If your parents rasie you correctly you will not become gay. So sick and tired of people saying they are born that way. They aren't. That is a load of BS.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN