Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Only Bad Mommies Want their Kids to Have Chicken Pox.

Posted by   + Show Post

Thoughts?

Only Bad Mommies Want their Kids to Have Chicken Pox.

As the back to school vaccination push continues, we'd like to remind readers that common childhood diseases that you can now delay and/or make worse later in life courtesy of pediatric vaccination were considered benign even as far back as the dark ages of the 1990s. Fear and self-doubt sells. It sells mouthwash: "Do YOU have halitosis?" Feminine hygiene spray: "Do you sometimes feel less than 'fresh?'" And hair coloring: "Dad, it's time to start dating again, don't you think you should color your hair?"

You still have the right as your child's parent to delay or eschew individual vaccines. Learn more at the NVIC State by State Vaccination Exemption List. Here's a video clip taken from that government funded TV channel we all know and love(d) called PBS... before PBS became a mouthpiece to endorse government mandated medicine. 5:50 seconds into this clip Arthur's Dad says, "It's chicken pox." and reassures his son - "No it's just a normal childhood illness. I had it. Mom had it." Then Mom decides to call Grandma Thora to come take care of Arthur. DW is terribly jealous of the attention and TLC her big brother recieies while sick. There's no panic, no Defcon 99 germ bomb, no shame, no calling child services for lack of proper medical care.

So what has changed in the last decade where American parents have been taught to fear and loathe chicken pox - and now adults face shingles regularly because tots are not shedding "varicalla boosters" via routine chicken pox? Meantime, the rate of chronic, lifelong, debilitating sickness has skyrocketed with nary a care in the mainstream media and doctor's offices around the nation. "Just get the damn shot!" to paraphrase a certain TV doc.

by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 8:02 PM
Replies (61-62):
stormcris
by Christy on Jul. 11, 2012 at 2:46 AM

I managed to get them twice and I doubt that vaccine would have prevented it when I got it at 18. Bleh

Redwall
by Silver Member on Jul. 11, 2012 at 7:55 PM

That's just nonsense.  My boys both got the vaccine when they were little.  We homeschooled and didn't spend much time with other kids...other than other homeschoolers.  My doctor suggested that as they weren't around other kids much they should be vaccinated.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)