Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Mitt Romney is putting me on his Payment Plan? or are these love notes?

Posted by   + Show Post

Yes. Yes he is. My ds ( my high-schooler) desperately wanted a Romney tee shirt. Because of the good mother that I am, I agreed to allow DS to use my credit card to purchase the Romney Tee shirt. DS paid me cash, including shipping. But ever since purchasing that damn shirt, Willard has been sending me these quite personal little notes with the last sentence always being, give me money. He was ok with whatever I sent him. He even had an "other" box in case my donation of under $30 or over $500 did not fit into my budget. But see, I can call him Willard because we are on a first basis now. He calls me by my first name as well in all the letters he writes to me.

Now however, he has taken it one step too far. Too far I tell ya'! I just receievd in the mail a monthly coupon book beginning on July 20th and commencing bi-weekly thereafter, I am to send to him $30 in the enclosed envelopes he also provided. The cheap ba$tard that ol' Willy is- he couldn't even add the damn stamp! Not only has Willy put me on a bi-weekly payment plan, not only has he made out the coupons marked $30 and then was thoughtful enough to include self-addressed envelopes- he couldn't include stamps!!!!????? WTF?

But, maybe I should forgive Willy his over sight...he DID put pre-made little notes on each coupon which will get back to him with my payment plan. Such things as: " You can count on my contiuned help" and the the second one:" Mitt, Keep up the good work this summer." and then the third love note he pre-wrote for me to send to him: "Mitt, good luck heading out of the convention! here's my additional contribution." 

by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 5:01 PM
Replies (11-20):
Ms.KitKat
by Platinum Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 9:28 PM

Quoting BompsMum:

well, you got to give it to him, he got your attention lol. if you felt indifferent before- you sure dont now lol.

just write him a note to put it on your tab lol jk

that is an awesome idea! But then I might have some secret service knocking on my door- or tapping my phones. Or be put on the "don not fly" list or some crazy sh!t like that? LOL

but then again- he's not even worth my 44 cent stamp

Ms.KitKat
by Platinum Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 9:29 PM

Quoting o0orange0o:

No one can accuse Mittens of not having balls.

True- balls: check

spine? nope.

BompsMum
by Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 9:35 PM

lol, or if he was really all about it, he could send us mormons to your door (free of charge lol)

you better send your money cause if he makes president, you are soooo in trouble lol

i get a lot of those letters but its for charities and stuff. i dont know how i got on the list (maybe registering as a voter?) but i am like PLEASE, I AM TRYING TO AFFORD MY SON RIGHT NOW!!

Quoting Ms.KitKat:

Quoting BompsMum:

well, you got to give it to him, he got your attention lol. if you felt indifferent before- you sure dont now lol.

that is an awesome idea! But then I might have some secret service knocking on my door- or tapping my phones. Or be put on the "don not fly" list or some crazy sh!t like that? LOL

Ms.KitKat
by Platinum Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 9:45 PM

I would take a Mormon knocking on my door over him {{{shiver}}}}}. I  do not care for him as a politician, it has nothing to do with his faith.  

oh-yeah- if you declared your party- I suspect you will be getting mail. esp if you registered at your local campaign office. They've got your number now. LOL

Quoting BompsMum:

lol, or if he was really all about it, he could send us mormons to your door (free of charge lol)

you better send your money cause if he makes president, you are soooo in trouble lol

i get a lot of those letters but its for charities and stuff. i dont know how i got on the list (maybe registering as a voter?) but i am like PLEASE, I AM TRYING TO AFFORD MY SON RIGHT NOW!!

Quoting Ms.KitKat:

Quoting BompsMum:

BompsMum
by Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 9:48 PM

i literally laughed out loud at the shiver!!!

i have pretty much learned my lesson! the next time we move, i might decline the right to vote, if its an exchange for peace, i will take it!

also, as a side note, how crappy is it that my phone company wants to charge me 5 dollars a month to keep my number unlisted?

Quoting Ms.KitKat:

I would take a Mormon knocking on my door over him {{{shiver}}}}}. I  do not care for him as a politician, it has nothing to do with his faith.  

oh-yeah- if you declared your party- I suspect you will be getting mail. esp if you registered at your local campaign office. They've got your number now. LOL

Quoting BompsMum:

Quoting Ms.KitKat:

Quoting BompsMum:

maxswolfsuit
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 9:52 PM
1 mom liked this

I think you should print up a little book of coupons for him. The notes could say things like...

"I know you've got bills up coming, but you can count on your old friend Mitt to help out!"

"Don't worry about me, I've got more money than I know what to do with. Enjoy my monthly gift."

I'm sure he'd be happy to reciprocate. 

meriana
by Platinum Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 10:00 PM

Quoting maxswolfsuit:

I think you should print up a little book of coupons for him. The notes could say things like...

"I know you've got bills up coming, but you can count on your old friend Mitt to help out!"

"Don't worry about me, I've got more money than I know what to do with. Enjoy my monthly gift."

I'm sure he'd be happy to reciprocate. 

LOL...that is too funny!!! But would be really really fun to do.....................

Ms.KitKat
by Platinum Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 10:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Vote woman! It;s your RIGHT. we don;t get too many rights and when we get one, hold on tight. Don't let your voice go unheard! I thought I read somewhere your DH is military? Then that is every more reason to vote. He fought/is fighting hard for this country. Let your voice be heard!

re: the phone surcharge- it's worth every penny JMHO.

Quoting BompsMum:

i have pretty much learned my lesson! the next time we move, i might decline the right to vote, if its an exchange for peace, i will take it!

also, as a side note, how crappy is it that my phone company wants to charge me 5 dollars a month to keep my number unlisted?

Quoting Ms.KitKat:

Quoting BompsMum:

Quoting Ms.KitKat:

Quoting BompsMum:

BompsMum
by Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 10:11 PM

lol can i vote even if i have a uterus? since when!! lol just kidding (although its really no joking matter).

yes, my husband is indeed military (navy- submariner to be more specific). thats where it becomes hard. if i vote for his job and paycheck i would go republican, however i tend to be more on the democrat (even liberal side). republicans tend to want to pay the military more and give more funding for materials (not to say all funds are used properly..dont get me started lol).

its hard to find a good mix really because the politicians tend to be polarized, either way to the right or way to the left. for instance, i am not a fan of abortion- however, i want to have the right because if i were pregnant and they determined that the baby for sure wouldnt make it, and i would probably die as well, i want to at least have the CHOICE (also i should mention in the case of rape or incest). and gay marriage- i am all for it, i know that a lot of people believe all mormons are anti gay but i am definitely not. honestly i think its crappy that some people (like liz taylor and britney spears) can be serial-wives, and yet a gay couple who has been together for decades cant be married, thats bull!

so how would i vote really?

and to me, all politicians at the end of the day make promises but when in office, they at times fail (not always their fault because this isnt a dictatorship) ond many straight up lie. they are like weather men/women!!! lol

Quoting Ms.KitKat:

Vote woman! It;s your RIGHT. we don;t get too many rights and when we get one, hold on tight. Don't let your voice go unheard! I thought I read somewhere your DH is military? Then that is every more reason to vote. He fought/is fighting hard for this country. Let your voice be heard!

Quoting BompsMum:

Quoting Ms.KitKat:

Quoting BompsMum:

Quoting Ms.KitKat:

Quoting BompsMum:

Ms.KitKat
by Platinum Member on Jul. 11, 2012 at 11:12 AM

I hear you! I really do. I am not all too pleased with my presidental selections but I have come to figure out, it's better to vote for the lesser of the 2 evils than not to vote at all. Firstly, becasue if I don;t vote, then i have no right to complain! and Secondly, w/o my vote I lose my chance to have my vocie heard and I might end up with a dumber-ass as oppoed to the lesser ass. so even if the dumber ass gets in, at least I can say- hey! I voted for the lesser of the asses! KWIM?

Quoting BompsMum:

lol can i vote even if i have a uterus? since when!! lol just kidding (although its really no joking matter).

yes, my husband is indeed military (navy- submariner to be more specific). thats where it becomes hard. if i vote for his job and paycheck i would go republican, however i tend to be more on the democrat (even liberal side). republicans tend to want to pay the military more and give more funding for materials (not to say all funds are used properly..dont get me started lol).

its hard to find a good mix really because the politicians tend to be polarized, either way to the right or way to the left. for instance, i am not a fan of abortion- however, i want to have the right because if i were pregnant and they determined that the baby for sure wouldnt make it, and i would probably die as well, i want to at least have the CHOICE (also i should mention in the case of rape or incest). and gay marriage- i am all for it, i know that a lot of people believe all mormons are anti gay but i am definitely not. honestly i think its crappy that some people (like liz taylor and britney spears) can be serial-wives, and yet a gay couple who has been together for decades cant be married, thats bull!

so how would i vote really?

and to me, all politicians at the end of the day make promises but when in office, they at times fail (not always their fault because this isnt a dictatorship) ond many straight up lie. they are like weather men/women!!! lol

Quoting Ms.KitKat:

Quoting BompsMum:

Quoting Ms.KitKat:

Quoting BompsMum:

Quoting Ms.KitKat:

Quoting BompsMum:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)