Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you are upset or disapointed in the representation of your people being closed minded bigots... DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!  The Loudest squeak gets the grease! 

Show how Christian your people are by making sure you make the news with good deeds in stead of your loud mouth counter parts that protest funerals and bash other religions and beliefs!

I think it is common sense that not all Christians are assholes and ALL people are just that PEOPLE just with different beliefs. Variety is the spice of life after all.  

Be the positive in your faith group. Quit worrying about those bad apples just over shower their ignorance with the love you find in your faith.  It is that simple!

If you look to be offended you will... Put a leash on your egos the world doesn't revolve around you! 

I know I just broke a few hearts out there...you will heal. 

Carry on!

by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 8:22 PM
Replies (11-20):
survivorinohio
by René on Jul. 11, 2012 at 9:25 PM
3 moms liked this

:( I think we need to remember that people suck and it doesnt matter what faith they are its still true.

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

glitterteaz
by Ruby Member on Jul. 11, 2012 at 9:25 PM

Very true but... you can do big things without shouting it from teh roof tops.  There is a woman who organized her Christian sisters to send things to the troops another to children in foriegn lands.  They made the news cause they were doing good deeds and someone saw their actions.  You can not blame others for assuming things when you are not doing your part to show what Christians are really all about KWIM?

Quoting BompsMum:

sometimes when i christian does a good deed they dont shout it from the rooftops because they werent doing it for praise. thats just my experience, i am not speaking for all.

also, my husband is military so as christian as i am- if a westboro person were to try to get in my face, i might lose it on the (and ask forgiveness later? lol i am kidding, but seriously i would hurt them!!)

Lizardannie1966
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 9:52 PM

I'm happy you've clarified this because I was going to write something about Christians not being the only group to indulge in poor behavior at times.

Quoting glitterteaz:

FYI this goes for ALL Groups and religions!

glitterteaz
by Ruby Member on Jul. 11, 2012 at 9:54 PM

A christian beating a dead horse inspired me LOL. I figure start with the PITA and work my way down the list. LOL

Quoting Lizardannie1966:

I'm happy you've clarified this because I was going to write something about Christians not being the only group to indulge in poor behavior at times.

Quoting glitterteaz:

BompsMum
by Member on Jul. 11, 2012 at 9:59 PM
2 moms liked this

yeah i get what you are saying. our church helped during hurricane katrina and other big disasters (like the tornados that ripped thru towns, etc) and a lot of churchs came out with shirts on with the name of their church and where to donate money if they wanted to make donations to the church etc. our church members came in plain clothes because it was about the service and not the recognition. our church also does things for the troops, makes care packages for homeless, new moms, etc. they do food drives every year (especially during thanksgiving and christmas time). so service is a huge part of our belief system.

all of the service that our church does isnt for recognition or to prove that we are christian, its for the sake of serving your fellow man. no need to make the news about it. each of us in our every day life should look for opportunities to be kind to others and help each other out, it shouldnt be 'newsworthy' so to speak.

Quoting glitterteaz:

Very true but... you can do big things without shouting it from teh roof tops.  There is a woman who organized her Christian sisters to send things to the troops another to children in foriegn lands.  They made the news cause they were doing good deeds and someone saw their actions.  You can not blame others for assuming things when you are not doing your part to show what Christians are really all about KWIM?

Quoting BompsMum:

sometimes when i christian does a good deed they dont shout it from the rooftops because they werent doing it for praise. thats just my experience, i am not speaking for all.

also, my husband is military so as christian as i am- if a westboro person were to try to get in my face, i might lose it on the (and ask forgiveness later? lol i am kidding, but seriously i would hurt them!!)

Lizardannie1966
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 9:59 PM
1 mom liked this

*Ahem....or UP the list....... ;)~~~~

lol

Quoting glitterteaz:

A christian beating a dead horse inspired me LOL. I figure start with the PITA and work my way down the list. LOL

Quoting Lizardannie1966:

Quoting glitterteaz:

glitterteaz
by Ruby Member on Jul. 11, 2012 at 10:16 PM

But I am sure people knew your church was there and you showed yourselves through your deeds. Keep in mind I am not saying other groups that are non religious do not do those things. I am just saying sometimes by letting it be known what group you represent it helps keep those non flattering members deeds in check

Quoting BompsMum:

yeah i get what you are saying. our church helped during hurricane katrina and other big disasters (like the tornados that ripped thru towns, etc) and a lot of churchs came out with shirts on with the name of their church and where to donate money if they wanted to make donations to the church etc. our church members came in plain clothes because it was about the service and not the recognition. our church also does things for the troops, makes care packages for homeless, new moms, etc. they do food drives every year (especially during thanksgiving and christmas time). so service is a huge part of our belief system.

all of the service that our church does isnt for recognition or to prove that we are christian, its for the sake of serving your fellow man. no need to make the news about it. each of us in our every day life should look for opportunities to be kind to others and help each other out, it shouldnt be 'newsworthy' so to speak.

Quoting glitterteaz:

Quoting BompsMum:

Suzy_Sunshine
by Silver Member on Jul. 11, 2012 at 11:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Most importantly, actively fight people who attempt to encode your faith into the rule of law. 

BompsMum
by Member on Jul. 12, 2012 at 10:55 AM

i think i get where you are coming from. my particular church gets a lot of ridicule and ire just because of a lot of notions or gossip people have heard. i keep in mind that before they have ever met me, chances are they have a lot of ideas (whether or not they are correct) and i am more than happy to show them that not every person of my faith is 'weird', 'cult- like','brainwashed' etc. i have a sense of humor about it really.

i have found that when you claim you are christian, a ton of judgements come your way. i could easily find a hundred people who will say i must be judgemental, preachy, self righteous etc. and i could find a hundred people who find that i am not 'christian enough', i dont pray enough, read the scriptures enough, attend church enough etc.

i think to people who are outside the 'christian' faith (i put it in quotes because some people claim my faith isnt even christian) have polarized views in a lot of way, and although i might have some affect, its up to each person to make up their own mind. judgements fly from both sides and i dont play that game lol

Quoting glitterteaz:

But I am sure people knew your church was there and you showed yourselves through your deeds. Keep in mind I am not saying other groups that are non religious do not do those things. I am just saying sometimes by letting it be known what group you represent it helps keep those non flattering members deeds in check

Quoting BompsMum:

Quoting glitterteaz:

Quoting BompsMum:

punky3175
by Punky on Jul. 12, 2012 at 1:30 PM
Bump.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured