Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Media Ignores Romney's Success at Creating Jobs

Posted by   + Show Post

Media Ignore Romney's Success at Creating Jobs

Monday, 09 Jan 2012 11:52 AM

By Ronald Kessler

"A good chunk of the media just wants to talk about the almighty polls, or what Sarah Palin's bus tour means, or whether Donald Trump's hair is colored," former Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty has said.

That emphasis on the superficial - and a healthy dose of liberal bias - meant that most voters had no idea that candidate Barack Obama's only previous job experience was as a community organizer. Nor did they know that his only accomplishment in that capacity was to get some asbestos removed from one public housing project.

Not until Obama was already ahead of Hillary Clinton in the primaries did voters learn that he had spent 20 years listening to the anti-America, anti-capitalist, anti-white, anti-Israel hate speech of the Rev. Jeremiah Wright, Jr.

Is it any wonder that since taking office three years ago, Obama has largely failed at creating jobs and stimulating the economy? Now in the run up to the 2012 presidential election, the press once again is ignoring those qualities in the leading Republican candidate that anyone would focus on when hiring a new employee.

Few voters know that Mitt Romney holds degrees from both Harvard Law School and Harvard Business School. Few know that as a founder of Bain Capital, a venture capital firm, Romney decided to invest in Staples when it had not yet opened its first office supply store. Thomas G. Stemberg, its founder, told Bain Capital that companies spent more on office supplies than they realized. He also cited the growing number of self-employed people who work at home and would patronize a discount stationery store.

Romney decided he would test Stemberg's claim himself.

"He had his associates do a survey on how much people were spending on office supplies," Stemberg tells Newsmax. "They'd call people and ask for the office manager and ask what they spend. They thought they were spending $200 an employee."

That was a fifth of what Stemberg claimed they were spending. By having his people check invoices, Romney found out that Stemberg's estimate was right. Romney agreed to put $600,000 of Bain Capital money into the new venture.

"He made eight times his money in three years," Stemberg says.
Today, Staples employs 70,000 people. Besides Staples, Romney's Bain Capital started or acquired such companies as Domino's Pizza, Sealy, Brookstone, and Sports Authority, helping to create jobs for literally millions of people over the years.

Contrary to the spin by opponents, Romney's Bain Capital represented capitalism at its best.

Similarly, few know that in July 1996, the 14-year-old daughter of Robert Gay, a partner in Bain Capital, disappeared. As it turned out, she had attended a rave party in New York City and had become high on ecstasy.

Romney took immediate action. He closed down the entire firm and asked all 30 partners and employees to fly to New York to try to find Gay's daughter. Romney set up a command center at the LaGuardia Marriott. He hired a private detective firm to assist with the search. He established a toll-free number for tips, coordinating the effort with New York City police.

Romney enlisted employees of Bain Capital's accounting firm and its law firm in New York to put up posters with a photo of the missing teenager. Cashiers at Duane Reade Pharmacies, owned by Bain Capital, stashed fliers with her photo in every shopper's bag.

Romney and others from Bain Capital trudged through Manhattan, even scouring Central Park, and talked with everyone they could - prostitutes, drug addicts - to try to develop leads.

The hunt made the evening news, which ran photos of the girl and video of investment banker types prowling through Central Park in three-piece suits. The next day, a teenage boy she was with phoned in and asked if there was a reward. The boy got nervous and quickly hung up, but police traced the call to a home in Montville Township, N.J.

When they found her in the basement of that home, Gay's daughter was shivering through detox after a massive dose of ecstasy. His daughter probably would not have lasted another day, doctors told him.

The fact is Romney saved the young girl's life, but you will not see that story in the mainstream media. Instead of Bain Capital's more than a hundred success stories that put food on the table for American families, you will see articles on the handful of instances when Bain had to shutter the doors of companies it acquired because they were losing money.

By ignoring such signs of character and competence in the Republican front-runner, the press does a disservice to the American people.

Ronald Kessler is chief Washington correspondent of Newsmax.com. He is a New York Times best-selling author of books on the Secret Service, FBI, and CIA. His latest, "The Secrets of the FBI," has just been published. View his previous reports and get his dispatches sent to you free via email. Go Here Now.

© 2012 Newsmax. All rights reserved

Read more on Newsmax.com: Media Overlook Romney's Success at Bain Capital

grandma B

by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 3:54 PM
Replies (121-124):
Shortiekt
by Gold Member on Jul. 18, 2012 at 3:44 PM

I like the visual.

Quoting tweety101149:

There some good reported about Romney..., but imo, many of his business handlings were negative.  Bain for instance.., he may have invested in other companies and some of those companies did create jobs, but not in the USA.  Lets not forget about the medicare fraud.  There is also an issue with his taxes.  I don't make this stuff up. It is listed below.    Oh and while it is true he helped save the 2002 Olympics..., the big issue was Burma made uniforms.

Checking the facts about Romney and Bain Capital

grandmab125
by Gold Member on Jul. 18, 2012 at 3:53 PM

Quoting StormySkye:

I don't really care about what is written and or said about Romney or any other politician for that matter, the spin put on the stories are just too much. But I have heard some of the shit that has come directly from his mouth and that is enough to make me not want him leading marching band let alone this country.

Ahhhhhh....that's the beauty of an open forum.

Actually you know nothing about me or my life and yet so quick to judge and call names..Over a photograph??? WoW...And that is classy?...

That alone speaks volumes about you and the kind of person you really are.

You realize your juvenile tantrums and ranting make you much less credible and actually laughable....Maybe it's time for grandma to check into a home for bitter old bitties.

Now go have yourself a great day! And oh...yeah...

Oooooooo....I'm telling on you!!! I'm telling!!

Hahahahha..So grown up.....I thought you were older?

Easy for you to ignore my repilies...goes both ways...Huh?

And I really don't care what you find funny or amusing...So run and tell little baby!!

I won't mind aging as long as I can still think rationally without looking to the past for answers for todays problems and keep a youthful outlook on life!

Oh here we go again.  If someone on this site doesn't agree with you, it's either they are repub/conservative/Christian/? and now we've added "older" people that you attack.  You know just last night there was the post about a video on Adolf Hitler, and the concern people have that there are  a lot of young people out there who think it never happened.  Well, someone made the well known phrase in regard to "those who do not remember the past, are doomed to repeat it".  There are many, many answers in the past, and you certainly could stand to learn some of them.  Especially when it comes to civility and respect for other people, and I am not just talking about older people here.

I've seen other moms get called cu.., and your favorite phrase above.  Maybe you should go read the guidelines for CM.  As Iga, whom I despise agreeing with, said the other day, there are rules against swearing.  I've never reported anyone before, but I'm getting tired of seeing your unamusing picture pop up below my posts at least once a week.  The "funny not...." picture is really hard to ignore when you have that uncontrollable urge to blow it up.....which I'm sure is exactly what you want.  It's offensive, period.  And, I am sure I am not the only mom on here who thinks this.  It's just that no one else has said anything or reported you, so you've gotten away with it.

I didn't blow it up, thats just the size of it.

It has been reported....like days ago.

And when you "Quote" someone you can remove the photo from your reply, hence stopping the proliferation of said photo...Duh? Note how I removed them from this "Quote" reply....It's not that hard.

Finally....I will never post it again....if and when the vast majority of Republicans pull their heads out of their asses. Sound fair?

They're no further up than you liberal dems have yours.  Obviously, if it's been reported before, and you continue to do it, you see no reason to follow the rules of CM.  In that case, maybe CM should kick you out.  You think you're so funny, but you really are just showing your immaturity by having to use gutter humor.  Those with opposing views may not like what you  have to say, but I've never seen anyone on the right post pathetic, offensive pictures like you do.

I've seen cute, amusing, dumb, whatever pictures on here before, and a lot of them I enjoy.  But you seem to get a perverse kick out of this one, and I'm just fed up with you posting it nearly every time you deem it necessary to comment on a post of mine....so I reported you for violation of the rules, which by the way you, as everyone else who joins, clicks on a little box "agrees" before you are allowed to join.

grandma B

candlegal
by Judy on Jul. 18, 2012 at 5:11 PM

I just finished reading this thread.   Don't lose any sleep over this one Grandma, she is definitely too crude and toxic to mess with.  If she wants to post pictures of herself with her head up her butt, she doesn't realize the rest of us don't want to see her.  But just maybe that is her better side.

Quoting grandmab125:

Quoting StormySkye:

I don't really care about what is written and or said about Romney or any other politician for that matter, the spin put on the stories are just too much. But I have heard some of the shit that has come directly from his mouth and that is enough to make me not want him leading marching band let alone this country.

Actually you know nothing about me or my life and yet so quick to judge and call names..Over a photograph??? WoW...And that is classy?...

You realize your juvenile tantrums and ranting make you much less credible and actually laughable....Maybe it's time for grandma to check into a home for bitter old bitties.

And I really don't care what you find funny or amusing...So run and tell little baby!!

I won't mind aging as long as I can still think rationally without looking to the past for answers for todays problems and keep a youthful outlook on life!

Oh here we go again.  If someone on this site doesn't agree with you, it's either they are repub/conservative/Christian/? and now we've added "older" people that you attack.  You know just last night there was the post about a video on Adolf Hitler, and the concern people have that there are  a lot of young people out there who think it never happened.  Well, someone made the well known phrase in regard to "those who do not remember the past, are doomed to repeat it".  There are many, many answers in the past, and you certainly could stand to learn some of them.  Especially when it comes to civility and respect for other people, and I am not just talking about older people here.

I've seen other moms get called cu.., and your favorite phrase above.  Maybe you should go read the guidelines for CM.  As Iga, whom I despise agreeing with, said the other day, there are rules against swearing.  I've never reported anyone before, but I'm getting tired of seeing your unamusing picture pop up below my posts at least once a week.  The "funny not...." picture is really hard to ignore when you have that uncontrollable urge to blow it up.....which I'm sure is exactly what you want.  It's offensive, period.  And, I am sure I am not the only mom on here who thinks this.  It's just that no one else has said anything or reported you, so you've gotten away with it.

And when you "Quote" someone you can remove the photo from your reply, hence stopping the proliferation of said photo...Duh? Note how I removed them from this "Quote" reply....It's not that hard.

Finally....I will never post it again....if and when the vast majority of Republicans pull their heads out of their asses. Sound fair?

They're no further up than you liberal dems have yours.  Obviously, if it's been reported before, and you continue to do it, you see no reason to follow the rules of CM.  In that case, maybe CM should kick you out.  You think you're so funny, but you really are just showing your immaturity by having to use gutter humor.  Those with opposing views may not like what you  have to say, but I've never seen anyone on the right post pathetic, offensive pictures like you do.

I've seen cute, amusing, dumb, whatever pictures on here before, and a lot of them I enjoy.  But you seem to get a perverse kick out of this one, and I'm just fed up with you posting it nearly every time you deem it necessary to comment on a post of mine....so I reported you for violation of the rules, which by the way you, as everyone else who joins, clicks on a little box "agrees" before you are allowed to join.

grandmab125
by Gold Member on Jul. 18, 2012 at 7:28 PM

Quoting candlegal:

I just finished reading this thread.   Don't lose any sleep over this one Grandma, she is definitely too crude and toxic to mess with.  If she wants to post pictures of herself with her head up her butt, she doesn't realize the rest of us don't want to see her.  But just maybe that is her better side.

Quoting grandmab125:

Quoting StormySkye:

Good one, Candlegal.  Wish I'd thought of it.  Thanks.

grandma B

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN