Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Do you know who Adolf Hitler was?

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 10:48 AM
  • 120 Replies

A friend had this video posted on her FB wall. I watched it, thinking it might be some weird comparison between Hitler and Obama, because she's done stuff like that before. But when I watched it, I was shocked. It's worth seeing if you have time. It can be found here.

**NOTE: I am not as much interested in his comparison of abortion to the Holocaust. I was outraged at the number of young people who had no clue who Hitler was, and the ones who did, worshipped him. I found that disturbing.

by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 10:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
singlemom1208
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 10:50 AM
Bump to watch later
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WesternNYmom
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 10:57 AM
1 mom liked this

I am shocked that kids today don't know who Hitler is.  I learned about him in 3rd grade.   This is why I hate that the schools have put subjects like history, and geography on the back burner, to concentrate on standerdized testing.  I don't know about anyone else, but in according to alot of parents in the district my kids are in, the standardized tests are a joke. The teachers spend all year preping the kids for them, and from what I hear all they really are teaching is how to memorize the answers off the study guides. Unfortunately dd has to start taking these tests next year.

cjsbmom
by Lois Lane on Jul. 16, 2012 at 10:59 AM

Quoting WesternNYmom:

I am shocked that kids today don't know who Hitler is.  I learned about him in 3rd grade.   This is why I hate that the schools have put subjects like history, and geography on the back burner, to concentrate on standerdized testing.  I don't know about anyone else, but in according to alot of parents in the district my kids are in, the standardized tests are a joke. The teachers spend all year preping the kids for them, and from what I hear all they really are teaching is how to memorize the answers off the study guides. Unfortunately dd has to start taking these tests next year.

Same here.

I think it's a sad, sad day when kids don't know who Hitler was.

Stephanie329
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 11:02 AM
I can't watch it now but from the previous reply I get the gist.

My sounds and I were discussing something they had seen using Hitler in a joke. I knew they knew who hitler was, but I asked if the knew about certain things, they did, and were able to tell me. IMO, they are probably the exception.

I agree with PP about the standardized testing. There isn't room for much else.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 11:06 AM

watching now

lga1965
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 11:10 AM
3 moms liked this

Oh well....yes, my grandkids know who Hitler was. In fact, two of them were fortunate enough to attend a school program given by a former Concentration camp survivor who was Jewish and he explained everything about Hitler, Nazis and answered questions.I don't know where your kids go to school, but my kids heard all about Hitler back in the 70's and 80's and my grandkids , now, too, in MN and NC.

I thought this was a "trick question", asking if we know who Hitler was.

wenchmommy381
by Wenchy on Jul. 16, 2012 at 11:12 AM
2 moms liked this

Did you guys watch the whole thing? It's not just about people who don't know who Hitler is....

cjsbmom
by Lois Lane on Jul. 16, 2012 at 11:12 AM
1 mom liked this

When I was in 6th grade, we watched (with permission from our parents, of course) a video of the concentration camps and what was found there when the soldiers entered them to set the prisoners free (at least those who were still alive). Those images are burned in my brain. I will never forget them. I think every student should have to see something like that.

As for the neo-Nazis in the film who are praising Hitler, I'd like to slap the shit out of them.

cjsbmom
by Lois Lane on Jul. 16, 2012 at 11:12 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting wenchmommy381:

Did you guys watch the whole thing? It's not just about people who don't know who Hitler is....

Yes, the worst of it is the people who do know, and worship him.

SharonHernandez
by Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 11:14 AM

Bump to watch later!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN