Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are they doing with herps in the mouth?.....(WARNING PICTURE)

Posted by   + Show Post

Ritual in Some Jewish Circumcisions Raises Risk of Herpes Infection: Report

New York health chief calls for end to Jewish Metzitzah b’peh rite (penis sucking) in circumcisions. U.S. Health Department investigations show that 11 infants contracted the herpes virus between 2000 to 2011 as a result of the rite.

http://news.yahoo.com/ritual-jewish-circumcisions-raises-risk-herpes-infection-report-160510631.html

Thought for the day: Before you give someone a piece of your mind, make sure you can spare it. ;)

by on Jul. 17, 2012 at 10:25 PM
Replies (21-30):
Momof2Stepof3
by Bronze Member on Jul. 17, 2012 at 11:02 PM

BUMP!

Kelseyciarah
by Bronze Member on Jul. 17, 2012 at 11:05 PM
5 moms liked this

I dont care what the religous explanation is...

Don't put a babies penis in your mouth.... EVER.... I can't even think of a situation that would make it okay if the baby's life were in danger...

Like WTF?

Thats like sticking a finger in a baby's vagina, WHY the FUCK would you do that? Religous ceremony? Wow.....

proprolife.gif picture by piink-lem0nade

Happily married Mama to one angelbaby, a son born 10-19-10, and a daughter born 3-20-12

Erimar23
by Gold Member on Jul. 17, 2012 at 11:06 PM

Quoting collectivecow:

I'm sorry, but do I know you? oh you know me....lol...from DRIH group...you ran away from there....lmao

You can't force me to leave a post. well than shut up or comment on the post

Secondly: I was going to answer your questions since I was raised modern orthodox (and since the article is a month old and magically keeps reappearing).oh i know you a jew

I have every right to speak my mind.i didn't say you couldn't.........lol...go ahead and though it out everywhere.....lol

Quoting Erimar23:

just like you to think some stupid shit like that..........talk about the post or leave

Quoting collectivecow:

Wow what an ignorant and bigoted statement.

Quoting Erimar23:

what you think...she might agree to it?...........by the pic it looks like only men are there

Thought for the day: Before you give someone a piece of your mind, make sure you can spare it. ;)

JoshRachelsMAMA
by JRM on Jul. 17, 2012 at 11:08 PM
Very common in the Jewish orthodox sects. Repulsive.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoshRachelsMAMA
by JRM on Jul. 17, 2012 at 11:09 PM
Yes

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

I am interested

Is this an actual part of a ceremony

Quoting collectivecow:

I'm sorry, but do I know you?

You can't force me to leave a post.

Secondly: I was going to answer your questions since I was raised modern orthodox (and since the article is a month old and magically keeps reappearing).

I have every right to speak my mind.

Quoting Erimar23:

just like you to think some stupid shit like that..........talk about the post or leave

Quoting collectivecow:

Quoting Erimar23:

what you think...she might agree to it?...........by the pic it looks like only men are there

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Erimar23
by Gold Member on Jul. 17, 2012 at 11:11 PM

right just sick

Quoting Kelseyciarah:

I dont care what the religous explanation is...

Don't put a babies penis in your mouth.... EVER.... I can't even think of a situation that would make it okay if the baby's life were in danger...

Like WTF?

Thats like sticking a finger in a baby's vagina, WHY the FUCK would you do that? Religous ceremony? Wow.....

collectivecow
by Gold Member on Jul. 17, 2012 at 11:15 PM
4 moms liked this

It has been BANNED by the RCA: Unfortunately, there is a very small portion of people who do practice it even after Rabbi's have expressed their disapproval of the custom (certain sects of the Hareidi community - or 'ultra-orthodox').

It is NOT a normal practice, nor is it something the community approves of.

As such, Rabbi's have tried to enforce education about the dangers of those seeking to do this.  They have instituted policies to use a GLASS TUBE in between the baby and the wound, so as not to cause any issues.

The Mohel involved is in court and facing penalties for his actions and has been stripped of his position as well.

I see no problem with instituting a ban on it: As it is NOT part of the normal Brit Milah ceremony.

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

I am interested

Quoting collectivecow:

Secondly: I was going to answer your questions since I was raised modern orthodox (and since the article is a month old and magically keeps reappearing).

Quoting Erimar23:

Quoting collectivecow:

Quoting Erimar23:

"The right to be heard does not include the right to be taken seriously."

JakeandEmmasMom
by Platinum Member on Jul. 17, 2012 at 11:19 PM

What is thought to be the purpose of it?

Quoting collectivecow:

It has been BANNED by the RCA: Unfortunately, there is a very small portion of people who do practice it even after Rabbi's have expressed their disapproval of the custom (certain sects of the Hareidi community - or 'ultra-orthodox').

As such, Rabbi's have tried to enforce education about the dangers of those seeking to do this.  They have instituted policies to use a GLASS TUBE in between the baby and the wound, so as not to cause any issues.

The Mohel involved is in court and facing penalties for his actions and has been stripped of his position as well.

I see no problem with instituting a ban on it: As it is NOT part of the normal Brit Milah ceremony.

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

I am interested

Quoting collectivecow:

Quoting Erimar23:

Quoting collectivecow:

Quoting Erimar23:

collectivecow
by Gold Member on Jul. 17, 2012 at 11:19 PM

I didn't run away:
I was an Admin that got banned because I disagreed with the Admins.
What exactly is your point?

Why would you bring up something that happened FOUR years ago anyway?
I got over it --> You should probably do the same.

Thanks for the derogatory response.

Quoting Erimar23:

Quoting collectivecow:

I'm sorry, but do I know you? oh you know me....lol...from DRIH group...you ran away from there....lmao

You can't force me to leave a post. well than shut up or comment on the post

Secondly: I was going to answer your questions since I was raised modern orthodox (and since the article is a month old and magically keeps reappearing).oh i know you a jew

I have every right to speak my mind.i didn't say you couldn't.........lol...go ahead and though it out everywhere.....lol

Quoting Erimar23:

Quoting collectivecow:

Quoting Erimar23:

collectivecow
by Gold Member on Jul. 17, 2012 at 11:22 PM

To get the blood out of the wound.

Quoting JakeandEmmasMom:

What is thought to be the purpose of it?

Quoting collectivecow:

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

I am interested

Quoting collectivecow:

Quoting Erimar23:

Quoting collectivecow:

Quoting Erimar23:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured