Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Let's talk politics! Join us on Election 2012 Talk & Debate!

Posted by   + Show Post

votingWho are you voting for? What are your thoughts on Obamacare? Are you watching the debates?

Vent and share your ideas with us on Election 2012 Talk & Debate!

Join us on the Election 2012 Talk & Debate group!
Election 2012 Talk & Debate

by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 2:08 PM
Replies (11-20):
Teachandrun4
by Member on Aug. 14, 2012 at 11:07 AM
2 moms liked this

I want to vote for Obama, but I think he can come more to the middle.  I think the idea that all Americans should give a little is best.  Both Dems and Reps are making mess of this country.

Welfare is good but too much is a problem.  The should not have to pay all the taxes, everyone should pay their fair share.  Even if their fair share is only a few cents..

pmg1030
by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 2:19 AM
1 mom liked this

BannerElkHogans

if you want to register your car, you are required to have proof of car insurance...in other words. you're required by the government to purchase car insurance. it's to protect other drivers on the road.

the requirement to purchase health insurance has to be included in the new form of health care because part of the bill requires that insurance companies cover pre existing conditions. in order for that work and to protect the health insurance companies, people are required to purchase health insurance because now, if they are not sick then they just wouldn't purchase health insurance until they needed coverage once they become sick and that could cause big problems for the health care industry. that clause is to protect the health care industries from collapsing AND to protect people.

it's a completely logical plan just like it is that you're required to carry car insurance.

jazzytexan
by Member on Sep. 8, 2012 at 9:08 PM

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/words-that-matter-amature-compilation-reel-pits-obama-against-himself/

Watching this really opened my eyes. This is strictly news coverage at different times. turn your volume up and pay close attention to everything that is said. There is no biased commentary in here that I saw an it is not bashing. It is strictly news coverage. There is no way an everyday person would catch all this.

KarmasEvilTwin
by New Member on Sep. 9, 2012 at 2:38 PM

I'll simplify my side of the debate by encouraging you all to learn about the canditate I will be voting for on your own and decide for yourself if you agree or disagree with his issues. Johnson and Gray all the way!   http://www.garyjohnson2012.com/front

BannerElkHogans
by Member on Sep. 14, 2012 at 8:16 AM
2 moms liked this

I am sick to my stomach with the way our Government an our President are running this country straight into the ground at 2,000 miles an hour!!!!!  an my motto is ( If you can't do your job  right the first time - then get some 1 who can )   life's not a dress rehearsal ......you don't get a 2nd change - few out there do!

Betz2012
by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 8:01 PM
think it is important to not only be involved in the Presidental race and know who you are voting for, you also need to research the local people that will be on your ballot. They are the ones that really make a direct difference in your day to day life. Know who you are voting for, and don't just vote the party lines.

I am a candidate for Massachusetts State Representative. It is important for people to learn about everyone they are voting for !

www.debrabetz.com
GrannyM.
by Bronze Member on Sep. 27, 2012 at 8:07 AM
2 moms liked this

Hi..my name is Lynn...I'm 65 years young and love discussing politics. I watch my grand kids some during the week so my posting might be somewhat sparse at times. As for the election right now I'm leaning towards voting for Obama and so is my husband. We believe he has earned a second go around.  There's just something I don't like about Romney....And he seems sooo out of touch with everyday people and he and  feels no empathy towards those in need. His health-care plan is somewhat similar to Obamas (don't think many Republicans realize this) but it's not as empathetic for the poor which is sad. Some in America have become hard hearted and selfish when it comes to the well being of others and that's really sad. We should keep our hearts and minds open and caring for the less fortunate in the U.S. and around the world. Allowing hearts and minds  to become hardened, judgemental and greedy is a sad thing to watch...

God Bless,

Lynn

Meadowchik
by Silver Member on Sep. 27, 2012 at 8:46 AM
1 mom liked this

I will be happily voting for Romney/Ryan 2012.  This country's most pressing issue, both domestically and abroad is the economy.  Romney, Ryan, the rest of the GOP including constituents have the momentum for fiscal responsibilty, and Romney has the proven experience working toward it and an understanding of what businesses need to succeed. 

There is a group for more info :)

The most pressing social issue today is the economy

Visit Mitt Romney for President, CafeMom Group

mommyintraining
by Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:41 PM

Romney!

mommyintraining
by Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:43 AM

Quoting GrannyM.:

Hi..my name is Lynn...I'm 65 years young and love discussing politics. I watch my grand kids some during the week so my posting might be somewhat sparse at times. As for the election right now I'm leaning towards voting for Obama and so is my husband. We believe he has earned a second go around.  There's just something I don't like about Romney....And he seems sooo out of touch with everyday people and he and  feels no empathy towards those in need. His health-care plan is somewhat similar to Obamas (don't think many Republicans realize this) but it's not as empathetic for the poor which is sad. Some in America have become hard hearted and selfish when it comes to the well being of others and that's really sad. We should keep our hearts and minds open and caring for the less fortunate in the U.S. and around the world. Allowing hearts and minds  to become hardened, judgemental and greedy is a sad thing to watch...

God Bless,

Lynn

Simply not enough substance here to not want to vote for him....talk about judgmental....

This statement is ludicrous! Have you even read his health care plan word for word??? Where are you getting your facts on this?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)