Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Trayvon Martin’s Parents Respond to George Zimmerman Interview in Three of Their Own

Posted by   + Show Post

Well before the murder trial of George Zimmerman actually begins, the battle in the court of public opinion continues. George Zimmerman gave his first interview last night to Sean Hannity on Fox News, telling the host that he hasno regrets in the shooting of Trayvon Martin. "I feel it was all God's plan. For me to second-guess it ... ," Zimmerman said. This morning, Martin's mother and father appeared on the Today ShowCBS This Morning, and Fox & Friendsto give their impressions of the interview. "Why would God have him to kill an unarmed teenager? I mean, it just makes no sense," said Sybrina Fulton, Martin's mother. "What plan is it? I mean, that's just heartless to say that that was God's plan that he took our child's life."

Martin's parents also expressed their doubt in the sincerity of Zimmerman's apology and cited the inconsistencies in his story. "He had no regards for Trayvon's life," said Martin's father. "Had George Zimmerman stayed in his vehicle, Trayvon would be here with us today."

But when pushed on the specifics of the case, the family's attorney Benjamin Crump jumped in: "The state attorney is going to look at that interview that he did last night as a gift when they cross-examine him," he said.

by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 10:08 AM
Replies (91-100):
momof2ex1
by Member on Jul. 20, 2012 at 10:46 PM
Why does it always have to be about race? Why can't it be 'if he is acquitted that proves that LIFE means nothing in this country and more specifically in the state of FL'?

I'm so tired of the race card. I have a 'white' friend that was murdered by a 'black' man and race never came up in the trial and that man was acquitted for the same defense. And it sure as hell did not make the news. Not even local news.

ETA I am in no way defending Zinmerman at all. I believe he was wrong but the race card needs to end at some point.

Quoting GoddessNDaRuff:

Like I said before. His ass basically just told the world he murdered Trayvon in cold blood and has no remorse for it what so ever. For anyone to continue to defend him or think he's innocent just shows the sort of sick and twisted person they are. If the courts acquit him they have proven that a black life means NOTHING in this country and more specifically in the state of FL.

JUSTICE FOR TRAYVON!!!! HOODIES UP!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TCgirlatheart
by TC on Jul. 20, 2012 at 10:52 PM
Still "No", huh?

Quoting jeskaM:

All you have to do is read the affidavit and you will see the evidence right there.

Quoting TCgirlatheart:

So that's a "No" then?

Quoting jeskaM:

have you read the affidavit of this case?

Quoting TCgirlatheart:

Have you brought forth concrete proof to this "fact"?

Quoting jeskaM:

I dont know why he attacked Z, but he did and he had every right to defend himself.

Quoting lga1965:

And why would Trayvon even want to kill him with his fist??? 

Oh gosh, I guess I will just run right over and sign up for a "concealed carry" class. @@   Just what I have always wanted......

Quoting jeskaM:

you can kill someone with a fist. If you took a concealed carry course, you would know this.

Quoting lga1965:

Trayvon was not armed with a weapon. Zimmerman had the gun. He didn't need to shoot Trayvon. I'm sorry but you just can't excuse him.WHo says Trayvon was the aggressor? WHo says that he actually beat up Zimmerman? Zimmerman had just a few scratches on the back of his head. He could have scratched it falling down. He was over reacting and he was trigger-happy.He killed the kid. Self defense? Trayvon would have had to also have a gun to make that defense work for him. It won't. Deal with it.

Quoting jeskaM:

No the eyewitness did not see the killing but they saw Treyvon on top of Z beating him and his story adds up. And yea you can say if Z didn't leave his car, Treyvon would still be alive but if Treyvon did not act as the aggressor, He would still be alive . Z stopped following him as soon as the dispatcher told him to

Quoting kailu1835:

Kind of hard to believe what eye witnesses say when they contradict themselves, or say that the police completely misquoted them and they didn't actually see the killing at all.

The number one FACT in this case, is that if Zimmerman had not left his car, Trayvon would still be alive.

Quoting Naturewoman4:

THANK-YOU!!!!  There are alot on here, that from day 1 said he was guilty of murdering this 'child'.  They didn't care to wait & see what the evidence were.  They don't care what the EYE witnesses say.  They are going to believe what they believe.  To me, that is VERY sad, but there's always going to be people like this.  The don't care about his injuries & the proof in those pics.  They don't care that Trayvon came up to Zimmerman & punched him to the ground, breaking his nose, then pounding his head into the cement over a dozens times.  They don't care, that when Trayvon saw the gun, he reached for it & said "You're going to be the one that dies tonight". 

They feel that Zimmerman should of just died instead.  Sad, sad that we have people like this in America that thinks this way.  IF Zimmerman is found guility (which I don't believe he will, the State don't have any proof), I would be afraid that IF I are one of my family members, OR anyone in this Country that is NOT black will be afraid for their lives.  Afraid, that if a black person rapes, tries to do what Trayvon did, & you too felt in fear of your life, you couldn't do ANYTHING.  Just pray to God you survive it.  Because, IF you do something to defend yourself, gun or anything else, & IF that person dies...Boy oh Boy are in going be in deep shit!!  That's what is SO SAD about this whole thing. 

The messege this is sending to ALL the other races, not just white people.  Because, afterall Zimmerman wasn't white.  He even said that in his interview.  He was raised primarily by his mom (Latino) & other family members.  His dad was the ONLY one that was white & he was off in the Miltary during Zimmerman's childhood.  Zimmerman says he's even Latino, & English is his 2nd language.  But, all the race baiters in this Country wanted to make him white.  Sad.

Quoting jeskaM:

I feel terrible for the family, I do. I cant imagine loosing a child,  BUT He did not murder treyvon. All the evidence leads to self defense. And they did an entire investigation on him and it proved he was NOT a racist like  everyone thought.  Let go and move on.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Erimar23
by Gold Member on Jul. 20, 2012 at 10:52 PM

NO.....i want that asshole to talk himself right into jail

there are black men in there waiting for him

Quoting shadenn766:

dear zimmerman...everytime you open your pie hole...shouting,

you open up a new can of worms...can of worms, so with that being said you might want to sealed lip...shut your trap, be the f quiet...and stfu

Sisteract
by Whoopie on Jul. 20, 2012 at 10:53 PM
2 moms liked this

For Jeskam

vvby 

Matlock on Jul. 15, 2012 at 2:26 PM

Here's a link to the 284 page document (PDF) dump DOCUMENTS

ENJOY! Come back armed with a decent debate on the facts-

Della529
by Matlock on Jul. 20, 2012 at 11:05 PM

Georgie boy is a bigger idiot than I originally thought.

GoddessNDaRuff
by Silver Member on Jul. 20, 2012 at 11:07 PM
1 mom liked this

if you can't see the obvious bs around this whole case I'm not going to help you because quite frankly I'm not in the mood today. I'm emotionally drained, mentally tired, and am unable to play with the kumbaya group today. And I for damn sure am not going to sit here and fall into "well my friend's murderer got off" game with your behind either.

you want to know where race comes into it find a library, utliize google, go sit in someone's classroom or catch me on a better day. There are other women who might be in the mood to explain it to you tonight but I don't have the patience.

Quoting momof2ex1:

Why does it always have to be about race? Why can't it be 'if he is acquitted that proves that LIFE means nothing in this country and more specifically in the state of FL'?

I'm so tired of the race card. I have a 'white' friend that was murdered by a 'black' man and race never came up in the trial and that man was acquitted for the same defense. And it sure as hell did not make the news. Not even local news.

ETA I am in no way defending Zinmerman at all. I believe he was wrong but the race card needs to end at some point.

Quoting GoddessNDaRuff:

Like I said before. His ass basically just told the world he murdered Trayvon in cold blood and has no remorse for it what so ever. For anyone to continue to defend him or think he's innocent just shows the sort of sick and twisted person they are. If the courts acquit him they have proven that a black life means NOTHING in this country and more specifically in the state of FL.

Della529
by Matlock on Jul. 20, 2012 at 11:10 PM

Oh FFS, I read the first two pages and the last page.

There are plenty of idiots in this world, so I won't subject myself to reading the entire thread.

mommajen32
by Platinum Member on Jul. 20, 2012 at 11:37 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting momof2ex1:

Quoting GoddessNDaRuff:

Here's a memo: 

In the United States of America in 2012 race is still a factor, burying your head in the sand and saying that racism nor race-related issues exist does no one good. There is, for many, a racial element to this case ...hands down. The fact that it took 44 days and an international protest for an arrest to happen ...there's at least an eyebrow to raise as to why that was. The fact the media spun into discourse about "black on black" crime trying to sway the attention to deamonize the victim and "those like him." Geraldo coming out saying that black and hispanic teens should just know better than to wear a hooded sweatshirt. The constant need for SOME, a large some, to paint Trayvon into this big black brute and a "gangsta" monster to fit some mold America has of young black men. Rumor had this boy at 6'3 over 200lbs. He was a bean pole at 5'11 and 158 lbs. No coincidence. The narrative that somehow this young man couldn't just be buying juice, he had to have had a plan to magically turn candy and juice into a dangerous drug (purple lean) or the 7-11 tape that now he couldn't have been tying his shoe he was now selling drugs to the three men that came in after him. 

You can choose to ignore the narrative surrounding the case, it's much larger than just Trayvon and George Zimmerman. America has issues. Race issues. It's not about some stupid card as if it's a privilege to face discrimination, it's concern from women who are raising young black men who could very well be in the media next being made out to be a monster, bagged up as a John Doe with nothing said unless there's a huge media blitz for justice. That may not mean the same to you as it does to others but respect where those voices are coming from. 

WesternNYmom
by Silver Member on Jul. 20, 2012 at 11:37 PM

I agree with Trayvons parents. I am not buying  Zimmerman's apology either. For him to say that he has not regrets about the shooting, shows he is not sincere. I also applaud Trayvons mother for flat out refusing to talk to the man who killed her son.  I think it is slap in the fact to that kids family, to state that you don't regret killing their child, but you want the chance to talk to them face to face. If I was Trayvon's mother I would not want to be in the same room with that jerk either.

Erimar23
by Gold Member on Jul. 20, 2012 at 11:54 PM

100 for BS post

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured