Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Little Tripp Palin Calls Aunt Willow a 'Fa**ot' on Bristol Palin's Reality Show

Posted by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 4:19 PM
  • 90 Replies
"I'm doing a terrible job disciplining Tripp," Bristol Palin admits on her Lifetime reality show Life's a Tripp. And yes, giggling when your toddler calls his aunt a "faggot" is probably not a great way to let him know that's not a nice word.

Look, kids say the darndest things, and it's kind of funny when a child curses. But there's a difference between a precocious utterance of "f**k" and a homophobic slur. The complete lack of shame is especially embarrassing given that there were cameras filming it all — gay-friendly Lifetime cameras, no less.

Hmm, I wonder where Tripp learned to use "faggot" as an insult.

(Readers outside the U.S. who can't view the YouTube clip can watch the video here.)

http://m.gawker.com/5928064/little-tripp-palin-calls-aunt-willow-a-faggot-on-bristol-palins-reality-show?%20utm_campaign=socialflow_gawker_faceb
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 4:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Jul. 22, 2012 at 4:23 PM
13 moms liked this

For all the 'bad' words my children uttered when they where little, and there where not many, such a word as 'faggot' never crossed their lips.  That could be because it never crossed their ears.

katy_kay08
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 4:24 PM
2 moms liked this

Well given the homophobic tirades both of these classy girls went on a few years back it's not difficult to know where this child is learning this word.  

rfurlongg
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 4:25 PM
6 moms liked this
Why does she have a tv show? Does anyone watch?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaBear2cubs
by Member on Jul. 22, 2012 at 4:26 PM

I wonder where he heard that from?

lwalker270
by Bronze Member on Jul. 22, 2012 at 4:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Well, I see the classiness is trickling down to the younger generation of Palins.

keriley1
by Member on Jul. 22, 2012 at 4:29 PM

My kid may have heard some words, (fuck, dammit, shit) but faggot has NEVER come out of anyones mouth around her or not. There are somethings that kids should not hear or should not even be said.

Mrs.TessaLynn
by Member on Jul. 22, 2012 at 4:35 PM

He could have heard it from them or he could have heard it other places also! My kids have said things we don't say in this house. Where did they hear that?? Oh wait...somewhere else! I watch the show & actually like it! Everyone has some sort of problems when it comes to their children...maybe dicipline is theirs, just as many other parents has problems diciplining their children!

Mrs.TessaLynn
by Member on Jul. 22, 2012 at 4:37 PM
1 mom liked this

What if she hears it somewhere else? You can't always shield your child from hearing it somewhere else.

Quoting keriley1:

My kid may have heard some words, (fuck, dammit, shit) but faggot has NEVER come out of anyones mouth around her or not. There are somethings that kids should not hear or should not even be said.

Paperfishies
by Silver Member on Jul. 22, 2012 at 4:37 PM
2 moms liked this
That is very sad...but it is no different than all of these morons and their kids running around calling people "retards".
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Jul. 22, 2012 at 4:38 PM

Quoting FromAtoZ:

For all the 'bad' words my children uttered when they where little, and there where not many, such a word as 'faggot' never crossed their lips.  That could be because it never crossed their ears.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN