Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Little Tripp Palin Calls Aunt Willow a 'Fa**ot' on Bristol Palin's Reality Show

Posted by   + Show Post
"I'm doing a terrible job disciplining Tripp," Bristol Palin admits on her Lifetime reality show Life's a Tripp. And yes, giggling when your toddler calls his aunt a "faggot" is probably not a great way to let him know that's not a nice word.

Look, kids say the darndest things, and it's kind of funny when a child curses. But there's a difference between a precocious utterance of "f**k" and a homophobic slur. The complete lack of shame is especially embarrassing given that there were cameras filming it all — gay-friendly Lifetime cameras, no less.

Hmm, I wonder where Tripp learned to use "faggot" as an insult.

(Readers outside the U.S. who can't view the YouTube clip can watch the video here.)

http://m.gawker.com/5928064/little-tripp-palin-calls-aunt-willow-a-faggot-on-bristol-palins-reality-show?%20utm_campaign=socialflow_gawker_faceb
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 4:19 PM
Replies (11-20):
lindilouwho82
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 4:38 PM

And is Grandmother wanted to be in charge of this Country's politics...

Mrs.TessaLynn
by Member on Jul. 22, 2012 at 4:39 PM

Faggot is a word that shouldn't be used. Neither should lesbian then because the definition of a faggot is a homosexual male, where a lesbian is a homosexual female. Those words can be highly defensive. But at the same time, your child probably should hear the word Fuck, Shit, & a lot more other words.  

Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Jul. 22, 2012 at 4:40 PM
3 moms liked this
Quoting Mrs.TessaLynn:

He could have heard it from them or he could have heard it other places also! My kids have said things we don't say in this house. Where did they hear that?? Oh wait...somewhere else! I watch the show & actually like it! Everyone has some sort of problems when it comes to their children...maybe dicipline is theirs, just as many other parents has problems diciplining their children!

When one goes on homophobic rants on national tv, there should be no surprise when people assume their children learn those homophobic slurs from themselves...

GLWerth
by Gina on Jul. 22, 2012 at 4:41 PM
1 mom liked this

So, she's raising her child to be just like she and her sister are. Both in the image of Granny Palin.

And as someone else said, WHY is this chickie on TV? I don't get it, what does she have except a famous mother? It is certainly not charisma or being someone others should aspire to be like.

Susan0805
by Silver Member on Jul. 22, 2012 at 4:41 PM
2 moms liked this

Since when is Fuck funny and faggot is terribly aweful? In my opinion both arent nice words? I think they are making a big deal out of nothing. THe mom is a teenager, she probably hangs out with other teenagers, I'm certain the child has heard lots of not so nice words that may or may not have been uttered by the parent. My children have never said either words but it seemsone cant flip through the tv without hearing words like that, or go in public where other adults/teens are without hearing words like that.

KelliansMom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 22, 2012 at 4:42 PM
1 mom liked this
fag·got 2  (fgt)
n. Offensive Slang
Used as a disparaging term for a homosexual male

Quoting Mrs.TessaLynn:

Faggot is a word that shouldn't be used. Neither should lesbian then because the definition of a faggot is a homosexual male, where a lesbian is a homosexual female. Those words can be highly defensive. But at the same time, your child probably should hear the word Fuck, Shit, & a lot more other words.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Jul. 22, 2012 at 4:43 PM
What the fuck are you talking about?

Quoting Mrs.TessaLynn:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AdellesMom
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 4:43 PM
2 moms liked this
Well, I can't say that I'm surprised. Especially considering how trashy his mom and that show is.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.TessaLynn
by Member on Jul. 22, 2012 at 4:44 PM

So they don't agree with homosexuality & make it known! I know people who don't agree with it either, whom believe marriage is between a male & female. I have gay friends...I hear them say faggot all the time & they don't take offense when they hear someone else say it because they know the definition, just as Bitch is a female dog, so then why do people call others a bitch? Are they really a female dog? NO! Yes it can be an offensive word to some. All these parents want to rant about what others say or do infront of their children...so he probably learned it from his family, but then people probably shouldn't say fuck, bitch, shit, etc. in front of their own children. Double standards!

Quoting Momniscient:

Quoting Mrs.TessaLynn:

He could have heard it from them or he could have heard it other places also! My kids have said things we don't say in this house. Where did they hear that?? Oh wait...somewhere else! I watch the show & actually like it! Everyone has some sort of problems when it comes to their children...maybe dicipline is theirs, just as many other parents has problems diciplining their children!

When one goes on homophobic rants on national tv, there should be no surprise when people assume their children learn those homophobic slurs from themselves...

AdellesMom
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 4:44 PM
1 mom liked this
No. Faggot is a homophobic slur used by homophobic people.

Quoting Mrs.TessaLynn:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)