Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

wanna know whats funny

Posted by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 9:12 PM
  • 14 Replies

that through this entire scandal for joe paterno and penn state.

the victims don't blame joe paterno, they only blame SANDUSKY....hmm, i wonder why they only blame sandusky.

well let's think about it for a minute.

BECAUSE SANDUSKY WAS THE ONE WHO COMMITED THE CRIMES.

and corbett wanted joe gone, because joe didn't give corbett money for his campaign, joe didn't give money to anyone running for governor....corbett was pissed.....and no one can say that corbett had nothing to do with this, come on now......the second mile gave corbett gave 200,000 dollars!

corbett knew, and so did sandusky's wife.

but because joe was/is the face of the college we want to blame him....and of course they won't take his name off of the library, hello, he built the thing.

by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 9:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Arroree
by Ruby Member on Jul. 22, 2012 at 11:00 PM
1 mom liked this

What is this, conspiracy week???

LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Jul. 23, 2012 at 12:10 AM
2 moms liked this
Dude, why are you trying to garner sympathy for a dead man who helped cover up child abuse, even if his only action in the matter was complete inaction? On a site for mothers, no less.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Jul. 23, 2012 at 12:12 AM

Are you going to delete this thread also if it doesn't go the way you feel it should?

Your die hard devotion to a man who lacks in character in major, important ways is some what daunting.

GLWerth
by Gina on Jul. 23, 2012 at 12:26 AM
4 moms liked this

You know what's really funny?

That a MOTHER would idolize a man who condoned and accepted sexual abuse of children by his subordinate rather than taint his precious football program.

Now, I don't mean funny "ha ha", but rather funny "crazy".

I'm assuming you've never been a child sexually abused by an adult. If you had, you'd feel more for the victims and less for the enablers.

ANYONE who knows a child is being sexually abused and doesn't report it is guilty of perpetuating that abuse. 

Now go ahead, delete this thread too. You're not going to get a whole lot of sympathy here. We're MOTHERS, we protect children.  

krysstizzle
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 12:42 AM
1 mom liked this

Jeez, OP, that shit's not funny at all. 

What's up with Penn State worshipers? It's bizarre. And gross.

StrawberryJam12
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 2:52 AM

that's fine , you don't need to agree with me.

but guess what I Was ABUSED at the age of 13 by a 20 year old...the bastard tried telling the police that i wanted it....i don't blame a damn person besides the sick bastard who did the crime.

joe didn't do the crime, he did his job...plain and simple.

why can't anyone answer me why corbett hasn't lost his job,  why hasn't he been brought down the way joe is being done?

oh wait that's right because joe is the face of penn state.....

let's all hate penn state, yet they raise 10 mill for child hood cancer, are coming up with ways to raise money for RAINN, and etc.....and let's not forget they are the NUMBER 1 school with football graduates who find jobs.

you can go to just about any state, and they will have penn state graduates.

Quoting GLWerth:

That a MOTHER would idolize a man who condoned and accepted sexual abuse of children by his subordinate rather than taint his precious football program.

I'm assuming you've never been a child sexually abused by an adult. If you had, you'd feel more for the victims and less for the enablers.

ANYONE who knows a child is being sexually abused and doesn't report it is guilty of perpetuating that abuse. 

Now go ahead, delete this thread too. You're not going to get a whole lot of sympathy here. We're MOTHERS, we protect children.  

Sekirei
by Nari Trickster on Jul. 23, 2012 at 2:59 AM
1 mom liked this

GLWerth
by Gina on Jul. 23, 2012 at 3:07 AM
4 moms liked this

Yes, poor, poor "Joe", just a nice old guy who let his subordinate continue to rape little boys for years after he was told about it.

He was doing his job. Where have I heard that before? Hmmmm..."I was just following orders".

So, his JOB was to protect a child molester, a pedophile? Wow, I didn't know that was such an integral part of football.

And ANYONE who can be proven to have had knowledge of this and not acted should be punished.

But then, I guess those kids should feel BLESSED to have been fondled by a coach at that school, because it brought them into the orbit of Saint Joe. Perhaps, they should be thanking him.

Penn State can still be a great educational institution without football as it's primary profit center. Football doesn't trump the rights of children not to be abused.

But, it would seem that you don't give a crap about that and would have preferred that it continue so that your hero wouldn't have been sad that it was found out.

Boo freakin' hoo.

Read the report, if others knew and didn't act, they should be punished too. I'm not in charge of who pays for this.

And I don't care about a game. I care about kids who had their innocence stolen from them by a man they looked up to.

I hope no one "important" ever abuses any child in your life, because it would be crushing to be told "now don't say anything because you are worth less than that person's boss".

I suffered sexual abuse from the time I was 3 years old until I was able to escape to college at 18. The minister I told called my father and made me apologize to him for "lying" about "such a good church going man". So, no, I have no patience for people who are willfully blind or simply evil enough to discount the pain of a victim of abuse at the hands of someone they should be able to trust.

Quoting StrawberryJam12:

that's fine , you don't need to agree with me.

but guess what I Was ABUSED at the age of 13 by a 20 year old...the bastard tried telling the police that i wanted it....i don't blame a damn person besides the sick bastard who did the crime.

joe didn't do the crime, he did his job...plain and simple.

why can't anyone answer me why corbett hasn't lost his job,  why hasn't he been brought down the way joe is being done?

oh wait that's right because joe is the face of penn state.....

let's all hate penn state, yet they raise 10 mill for child hood cancer, are coming up with ways to raise money for RAINN, and etc.....and let's not forget they are the NUMBER 1 school with football graduates who find jobs.

you can go to just about any state, and they will have penn state graduates.

Quoting GLWerth:

punky3175
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 6:54 AM
You said it wonderfully and I'll second it!

Quoting GLWerth:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wenchmommy381
by Wenchy on Jul. 23, 2012 at 8:40 AM

The victims aren't blaming Paterno? Because I thought he was named in lawsuits...

I'm still lost. I thought all of the abuse occurred within the context of Sandusky's charity, with which Paterno was not involved. But some of the abuse incidents occurred at PSU... so was Paterno physically there? Why was Sandusky being reported to Paterno? What about that one grad assistant who walked in on Sandusky with a victim? He ACTUALLY saw something. 

It appears I drew some inaccurate conclusions about what was going on, but I still don't think I have enough of the story to articulate my opinions.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)