Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Ah, Our Friends at WBC are at it again. Using tragedy to spread their particular brand of hate.

Posted by   + Show Post

http://www.examiner.com/article/the-westboro-church-plans-to-picket-the-aurora-shooting-memorial-service

The Westboro Church plans to picket the Aurora shooting memorial service

Westboro Baptist Church threatens to protest at memorial service in Colorado after shootings

Once again the Westboro Baptist Church an anti-semitic, anti-military group is planning a trip to Colorado to spread their messages of hate according to their twitter feed yesterday July 20, 2012. Fred Phelps Jr. started posting on his Twitter account yesterday with messages like:

‏@WBCFredJr - Only 500 miles to WBC Aurora picket. #GodCursesUForFagMarriage #WorseAndMoreOnTheWay #WBCToldU #GodisAmericasTerrorist #ObeyToday Too fun!

WBC gassing up vehicles for Colorado super-picket. #WorseOnTheWay #FearGodFools #GodCursesUForIdolatry #FaceOfGodsWrath #fagsrunmilitary

WBC heading to Colorado for Sunday memorial service. #GodAvengesHisPpl #GodCursesUForFagMarriage #GodIsNotMocked #GodIsYourEnemy yummy!

Phelps tweeted this after Governor Hickenlooper's heart rending speech at the press conferences yesterday:

Get a clue @govhickenlooper! God is at work in Colorado!
Beware of dogs! #Auroradeadincludeslotsoffags!

Fred retweeted Margie Phelps tweet which said "God hates Colorado. Thus the shooter and the death and mayhem - dude get a clue! #WorseAndMoreOnTheWay @BckwrdsMarathon" with another zealous follower tweeting

"We were JUST in CO & now another trip back! #Excited The #Aurora #theatershooting memorial on Sunday - here we come! #ThankGodForTheShooter".

This is not the first time that the Westboro Baptist Church has planned to disrupt a community gathering in Colorado. When high school senior Ryan Wheeler wrote an editorial in the Denver Post about his struggle to understand how the First Amendment protects the Westboro Baptist Church, which pickets military funerals, their wrath was turned up on his graduation ceremony at Ponderosa High School in the small town of Parker. WBC threatened to attend the ceremony.

The Douglas County School District and the Town of Parker asked the citizens of Parker to give the hate group as little time and attention as possible since attention is really all this fringe group craves. After all the rhetoric, no one from the "church" appeared.

They also threatened to picket the Pridefest and the Drew Carrey Show in Denver this year.

The Westboro blog yesterday had a short post called "Aurora, CO Judgement which started with the line "God Sent The Shooter to Aurora, CO. He killed 12 and injured 50+ Westboro Baptist Church prays for more dead."

Official Vigil
Sunday July 22, 2012 at 6:30 p.m.
Aurora City Hall
15151 E. Alameda Parkway
Aurora, CO 80012

If you can't attend in person but would like to donate towards a fund for the victims you can visit igivefirst.org to make a donation.

It's hard to wrap your head around how these people can use the bible to spread their hate messages. Luckily for everyone one there are only about 40 members that follow Phelps so most of their threats don't materialize into any actions.

The schedule on their website godhatesfags.com shows 3 protests at Shawnee Kansas churches on Sunday. If they do show up, the best thing to do would be ignore, don't take pictures and don't engage in verbal volley's. That's the best way to handle insecure bullies.

by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 10:50 AM
Replies (11-20):
mikiemom
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 11:18 AM

If their god hates anyone it should be WBC

Quoting bluerooffarm:

God doesn't hate anyone.  crying

grandmab125
by Gold Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 11:18 AM

I really wish these people would fall off the face of the earth.  It's really amazing that a couple hundred whack jobs can cause so much pain to so many people.  And I agree with the other poster.  If the media didn't cover them, they would probably fold up their tent and go away.

jewels5525
by Gold Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 11:19 AM

Arn't Jewish people, Gods people. From what i've heard according to the new testiment even that once the judgement happens, Jewish people will be given an opportunity to "come back" to God.

(not saying i agree with the whole rapture part, just saying the same book they are using for their hatred tells us how much that same god loves/not hates the jewish people)

Quoting Bookwormy:

OMG, just the photo makes me cry. G-d doesn't hate people. People hate people. As a Jewish lesbian, I'm used to homophobia & have experienced ocassional antisemitism since moving to TX. But I've never seen a sign saying "G-d Hates Jews".

Book

HisBrwnEyedBaby
by Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 11:21 AM
This makes me sick!! Hateful people!! I can't stand wbc!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bluerooffarm
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 11:24 AM

Nope, He doesn't even HATE them.  As much as I dislike them with every ounce of my being, thankfully He loves everyone. 

Quoting mikiemom:

If their god hates anyone it should be WBC

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Stephanie329
by Platinum Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 11:30 AM
They get too much attention.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LucyMom08
by Gold Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 11:33 AM
No, but he's probably quite disappointed and disgusted with these pieces of trash...any sane mind should be...

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bluerooffarm
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 11:36 AM

I agree!

Quoting LucyMom08:

No, but he's probably quite disappointed and disgusted with these pieces of trash...any sane mind should be...

Quoting bluerooffarm:

lorenska
by Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 11:56 AM

As a Texan, I'd like to say "sorry" for any anti-ANYTHING you've experienced in my beloved state...please don't let a few idiots ruin it for you, the vast majority of those in the Lone Star state would never treat anyone like that. I hope you learn to love it there, I'm stuck in Cali and I miss it every day. :)

Quoting Bookwormy:

OMG, just the photo makes me cry. G-d doesn't hate people. People hate people. As a Jewish lesbian, I'm used to homophobia & have experienced ocassional antisemitism since moving to TX. But I've never seen a sign saying "G-d Hates Jews".

Book

LexRi0709
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 12:00 PM
Can't say I'm surprised. They keep doing it because everyone gives them the attention. They want to picket a military service, ignore them. Picket this shooting, ignore them. When they stop getting attention from both media and the local people they picket against they will stop.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)