Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Does billboard comparing Obama to alleged shooter go too far?

Posted by   + Show Post

Does billboard comparing Obama to alleged shooter go too far?
CALDWELL, Idaho (KBOI) - A Caldwell billboard is raising questions in the Treasure Valley as it compares President Obama to accused Colorado killer, James Holmes.

by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 9:35 AM
Replies (31-40):
Citygirlk
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 10:47 AM
And i agree, and i will Also say that a lot of soldiers died because of a lie and if we are going to attack someone its not obama. And camparing a war to what happaned in colorado is just disgusting and these people should know better, this is something that a 5 year old would do.

Quoting gammie:

of course the past presidents have done the same (with the wars), but does that make okay?

this is only about the shooter and Obama!!

The point is that these wars that have been going on for years have killed more men and women than the shooter.The billboard is pointing out if you are shocked about 12 dead you should very angry about thousands.

Quoting Citygirlk:

And so has past presidents whats your point?

Quoting gammie:

I did find it shocking when I saw this billboard But after the shock went away I thought will Obama has killed more, (wars and drones)

No one will be happy with this billboard!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mikiemom
by Ruby Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 10:48 AM

umm turn on a tv watch the news. He most certainly has brought us out of Iraq completely, he has drawn down Afghanistan severely. He is not responsible for killing. I find it utterly disgusting that Americans don't understand the basics about what is going on around the world. Oh and it has taken so long to bring our troops home because the republicans are fighting it tooth and nail. Educate yourself on reality please.

Quoting gammie:

He said he was going to bring back the troops and he has not done that in 3 years, instead he has kept the killing going. What is it that you do not understand?

Quoting mikiemom:

Obama did not start either war. Bush did that. WTF how do you people not know this shit.

Quoting gammie:

I did find it shocking when I saw this billboard But after the shock went away I thought will Obama has killed more, (wars and drones)

TigOlBitties
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 10:50 AM
2 moms liked this
This shit is disgusting...just like America is becoming. Why am I not surprised.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gammie
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 10:53 AM

My dh was in the military for 20 years, my SIL job is to pick up the dead bodies on a Marine base, he is a fireman, see all the suicides.   Men in my family that have come back from these wars and they do not want to talk about it and do say it's BULL SHIT!!

Educated we are in the front lines.

Quoting mikiemom:

umm turn on a tv watch the news. He most certainly has brought us out of Iraq completely, he has drawn down Afghanistan severely. He is not responsible for killing. I find it utterly disgusting that Americans don't understand the basics about what is going on around the world. Oh and it has taken so long to bring our troops home because the republicans are fighting it tooth and nail. Educate yourself on reality please.

Quoting gammie:

He said he was going to bring back the troops and he has not done that in 3 years, instead he has kept the killing going. What is it that you do not understand?

Quoting mikiemom:

Obama did not start either war. Bush did that. WTF how do you people not know this shit.

Quoting gammie:

mikiemom
by Ruby Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 10:55 AM

If you were educated about foreign policy and what was really going on you would have known who when and where the current wars were started.  So if they are so educated why did you not know the draw down in Iraq is complete?

Quoting gammie:

My dh was in the military for 20 years, my SIL job is to pick up the dead bodies on a Marine base, he is a fireman, see all the suicides.   Men in my family that have come back from these wars and they do not want to talk about it and do say it's BULL SHIT!!

Educated we are in the front lines.

Quoting mikiemom:

Quoting gammie:

Quoting mikiemom:

Quoting gammie:

singlemom1208
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 10:56 AM
1 mom liked this
That's tacky and I'm a conservative.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Euphoric
by Bazinga! on Jul. 30, 2012 at 10:58 AM

Inappropriate.

Kayla060812
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 10:58 AM
Agree

Quoting Citygirlk:

And so has past presidents whats your point?

Quoting gammie:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shortiekt
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 10:59 AM
1 mom liked this

Do you get annoyed with the extremist conservatives that attempt to make all conservatives look bad? LOL (Hint the OP)

Quoting singlemom1208:

gammie
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 11:04 AM

Who is the extremist ?

I also found this to be tacky, but the more I thought about it, the more I saw how true it is.

More people should be angry about how many of our men and women have died and some come home to kill themselves. This is a fact!!

Quoting Shortiekt:

Do you get annoyed with the extremist conservatives that attempt to make all conservatives look bad? LOL (Hint the OP)

Quoting singlemom1208:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN