Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Mitt Romney's HS grades are out for the public to view and judge, but seriously folks, does it really matter that he got a C in French? Does it really matter what teachers said about him as a teenager in school, where depending on the hormone flux that day you may or may not have an attitude or seem unfocused? Just like the constant debate and rumors about Obama's true birth certificate and that he did drugs in college AND admitted to it.

Does what our presidental candidates DID 20+ years ago, really matter when you are selecting the person to vote for?  Shouldn't it matter more what they have done recently? Or are you one of those people who thinks "Once a glue paste eater, always a glue paste eater."?

by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 4:42 PM
Replies (11-19):
terpmama
by Silver Member on Aug. 7, 2012 at 5:12 PM
I think the past can show some character traits... Such as a pattern of harassment and bullying. Yes I think that people CAN change, but I don't think someone who blows off years of bullying by saying "boys will be boys" has really changed (since they don't seem to think the behavior was wrong). Now someone who says, "yeah I was an ass back then and then x happened and is is how and why I've changed" ... Them I'd give the benefit of the doubt, not the guy excusing the behavior.
Radarma
by "OneDar" on Aug. 7, 2012 at 5:14 PM
Well yes, in the case of rape/murder and other serious crimes...it matters. H.S. grades and behavior...don't care a bit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
futureshock
by Ruby Member on Aug. 7, 2012 at 5:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting andiemomo3:

I would venture to assume that for those who find Obama's childhood information vitally important to his presidency would also think Romney's childhood information is vitally important. That includes liberals and conservatives alike.

lol

Sure they would.

/sarcasm

I would venture to assume that for those who find Obama's childhood information vitally important to his presidency would also think Romney's childhood information is vitally important.

stormcris
by Christy on Aug. 7, 2012 at 5:32 PM

In some ways yes if it shows his character. Honestly I would rather though get him drunk and relaxed and see what comes out of his mouth.

katy_kay08
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 5:33 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm more interested in what he might have been doing three years ago.  I certainly don't care about his grades in high school.  

Lizardannie1966
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 6:34 PM

Outside of criminal activity as a kid? No, I could not care any less about what he did as a young pup.

It's his political career so far. It's his life and the choices he's made as an adult that matter to me personally.

Jenny-talia
by Bronze Member on Aug. 7, 2012 at 6:38 PM

Wait...we've got his high school records but not his tax returns?  Nice.

No it doesn't matter. Not much anyway.  I don't think people move entirely from who they started out as, but the vadt majority of us grow and change to a degree.  Most of the people I still know from high school are the 'same', but more reasonable, more considerate, and more thoughtful.

But that doesn't apply to anyone.  Who knows?  They could have pegged him as a narcissistic personality that early.

EastCoastMom78
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 7:07 PM

Nope !! He has my vote 100%. Go Mitt!!

YepYeah
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 7:09 PM

It does not matter but it does make one wonder, If he is hiding something lame like crappy grades make you wonder what else he is hiding such as memos to/from his buddy Eric.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN