Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Voting to ban same sex marriage is immoral.

Posted by   + Show Post

What is the definition of morality? 

Voting to ban same sex marriage actively HARMS other people by refusing to allow them to have civil rights.  Banning same sex marriage means homosexual people cannot form families.  That is one of the cruelest things one group of people can do to another group of people, because the family is the foundation of our society. 

People engaged in homosexual relationships are not doing anything immoral because they are not harming anyone.  They are consenting adults.  It is the anti-gay people who are committing immoral acts.

by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 10:24 PM
Replies (11-20):
ittybit2012
by Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 10:33 PM

They don't see it that way in their narrow little minds.  Bless their hearts.

Quoting futureshock:

Quoting ittybit2012:

Logic doesn't work well.  I agree with you.  People in homosexual relationships have no affect on me or mine.  Unfortunately we have douchebags that think it's okay to legislate morality based on their beliefs.  

yup

What makes it ironic is that in doing so they are committing the immoral act.

areid1023
by Silver Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 10:36 PM
1 mom liked this

kiss

futureshock
by Ruby Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 10:40 PM

Thank-you. :)

Quoting lga1965:

I agree .... it is cruel. And immoral. Good post.

Quoting futureshock:

What is the definition of morality? 

Voting to ban same sex marriage actively HARMS other people by refusing to allow them to have civil rights  Banning same sex marriage means homosexual people cannot form families.  That is one of the cruelest things one group of people can do to another group of people, because the family is the foundation of our society. 

People engaged in homosexual relationships are not doing anything immoral because they are not harming anyone.  They are consenting adults.  It is the anti-gay people who are committing immoral acts.

futureshock
by Ruby Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 10:41 PM

lol

Quoting ittybit2012:

They don't see it that way in their narrow little minds.  Bless their hearts.

Quoting futureshock:

Quoting ittybit2012:

Logic doesn't work well.  I agree with you.  People in homosexual relationships have no affect on me or mine.  Unfortunately we have douchebags that think it's okay to legislate morality based on their beliefs.  

yup

What makes it ironic is that in doing so they are committing the immoral act.

wenchmommy381
by Wenchy on Aug. 9, 2012 at 10:41 PM
4 moms liked this

Quoting kaffedrikke:

Also if half of the conservatives were so moralistic why are so many people on their second third fourth marriage. And if they want to argue Levitical law against homosexuality then they need to live by it too. For the ones preaching Biblical marriage fyi Mr Mrs Conservative did you knoe sexual intercourse with a virgin female made her YOUR WIFE!!! Smoke it conservative!!

I don't think this sort of generalization should be used. I think it is the exception rather than the norm. (I have no statistical data to back that up-- do you?)

Plus I think it inadvertently opens the door to a sense of moral superiority. Not that anyone should take it up, but if all I have to say is, "well, I do in fact have a traditional marriage," why not hold myself up as a beacon of "morality"?

Knowledge is Power

Smart Chicks (a debate forum)
      www.cafemom.com/group/smartchicks2

batmansgirl
by Bronze Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 10:47 PM

This

Quoting ittybit2012:

Heather_the_Mom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 10:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Great post

TugBoatMama
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 11:01 PM
1 mom liked this
:-) Nicely said!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
viv212
by Gold Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 11:04 PM
Yup, it's a selfish decision.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sekirei
by Nari Trickster on Aug. 10, 2012 at 12:07 AM

agreed

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN