Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Voting to ban same sex marriage is immoral.

Posted by   + Show Post

What is the definition of morality? 

Voting to ban same sex marriage actively HARMS other people by refusing to allow them to have civil rights.  Banning same sex marriage means homosexual people cannot form families.  That is one of the cruelest things one group of people can do to another group of people, because the family is the foundation of our society. 

People engaged in homosexual relationships are not doing anything immoral because they are not harming anyone.  They are consenting adults.  It is the anti-gay people who are committing immoral acts.

by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 10:24 PM
Replies (21-30):
asfriend
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 9:21 AM

Classy!

Quoting ittybit2012:

Logic doesn't work well.  I agree with you.  People in homosexual relationships have no affect on me or mine.  Unfortunately we have douchebags that think it's okay to legislate morality based on their beliefs.  

mikiemom
by Ruby Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 9:31 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree with this. I also don't understand why one groups morals are foisted on the rest of us. I don't find many things immoral that the christian church deems as sins. I find it heinously immoral and unethical to hound people for money to support a ministry and find many of the mega-church ministries extremely immoral but hey that's their prerogative to belong to that so who am it to say otherwise. I just don't participate in those types of things.

yourspecialkid
by Platinum Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 9:31 AM

I guess it all depends on your definition of morality.  I tend to go with the version where all sin is immoral.

futureshock
by Ruby Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 9:32 AM

Quoting TugBoatMama:

:-) Nicely said!

Thanks!

futureshock
by Ruby Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 9:34 AM

Quoting Heather_the_Mom:

Great post

Thank-you!  Unfortunately the anti-gay people are ignoring it.  Oh well I guess they cannot refute the premise. :)

mikiemom
by Ruby Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 9:34 AM
4 moms liked this

But the problem is the christian church doesn't get to decide what is and what isn't a sin. I don't believe in sin, I believe in doing no harm to others period. And sorry but your god doesn't get to define sin either many people don't believe in your god.

Quoting yourspecialkid:

I guess it all depends on your definition of morality.  I tend to go with the version where all sin is immoral.

futureshock
by Ruby Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 9:35 AM

Quoting yourspecialkid:

What is your definition of immorality?

futureshock
by Ruby Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 9:36 AM

Exactly!!!!!!

Quoting mikiemom:

But the problem is the christian church doesn't get to decide what is and what isn't a sin. I don't believe in sin, I believe in doing no harm to others period. And sorry but your god doesn't get to define sin either many people don't believe in your god.

Quoting yourspecialkid:

yourspecialkid
by Platinum Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 9:38 AM

Quoting mikiemom:

Quoting yourspecialkid:

So, because you are anti-God I am not allowed to believe either?  How very tolerant of you.

asfriend
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 9:44 AM
2 moms liked this

I also don't understand that.
I for one, would luv it if the left would stop doing that.

Quoting mikiemom:

I also don't understand why one groups morals are foisted on the rest of us.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN