Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

21 year old Hand Cuffed man shoots himself in the head?8/17/12 update 8/21/12 UPDATE

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 11:24 PM
  • 255 Replies

Link:newsone.com/2030353/chavis-carter-police-shooting-jonesboro-arkansas/

Two weeks after a 21 year old Mississippi man,Chavis Carter died while handcuffed in the back of a Arkansas police car,the local police are standing by their explanation that Carter, while handcuffed in a police cruiser some how shot himself in the head.

Link:CNN-ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2012/08/09 police-say-hand cuffed-man-shot-himself/?hpt=ac-t1

Okay I've tried in vein to imagine this happening as the local LEOS are reporting. Hand cuffed from behind in a police car. At the very least protocol was non-existent,and why would a kid planning to contact his girlfriend at the police station,shoot himself? What was he stopped for? How does an officer,trained to protect themselves and the public miss a gun. I've seen contortionist,and he was a lefty,REALLY?

THOUGHTS LADIES?

UPDATE: 8/17/12

Jonesboro police release dash cam footage of the night Chavis Carter died in the back of a police car. Police maintain Carter shot himself while in the back of a squad car double hand cuffed. the dash cam ends before the shooting,and the reconstruction is missing input from 21 year old Carter.

Witnesses came forward and gave "statements" supporting the police's improbable explanations. I don't know if this changes anything,but these are up dates!

Thanks to an interested Mom,I was made aware of the ME's releasing his report confirming that 21 year old Chavis Carter committed suicide. As I said before the questions left are inexplicable. I don't/didn't believe that Arkansas employed people would find that Carter was murdered. I've said all a long that I would NOT buy an supported suicide theory, and I don't. I'll keep checking,but a story was posted in this thread with this information from CNN. Plus, a eye witness who apparently is more suited for police work then the officers,keener sight and hearing? I am not buying. Check back, Ladies.

Thoughts?

The only way Evil can triumph is for good women to do nothing!

*REAL TALK*

by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 11:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LadyByrdNest
by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 11:25 PM
2 moms liked this

alexsmomaubrys2
by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 11:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Doesn't sound feasible to me.

Sagely
by Bronze Member on Aug. 12, 2012 at 11:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Hmm...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
waitWHAT
by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 11:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Before I click the video, it doesn't show a dude dying does it? I don't wanna see that...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LadyByrdNest
by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 11:27 PM
4 moms liked this

Being married to a decorated, experienced, perfect record, Police Officer. I can tell you that IA will be doing an investigation, and the truth will come out. Stand-bye.

Either way, the officers should be liable at the very least for not protecting the subject from himself.

Sheraymonet
by Bronze Member on Aug. 12, 2012 at 11:28 PM
1 mom liked this

That's crazy.

charleyd68
by Platinum Member on Aug. 12, 2012 at 11:44 PM

I swear I have turned this over and over. I asked other people,I can't see a scenario where this kid decided all was lost. He was 21. And who patted him down,Stevie Wonder? SMH

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Doesn't sound feasible to me.

*REAL TALK*

charleyd68
by Platinum Member on Aug. 12, 2012 at 11:49 PM

Indeed.

Quoting Sagely:

Hmm...

*REAL TALK*

Citygirlk
by Gold Member on Aug. 12, 2012 at 11:52 PM
1 mom liked this
You already know what im thinking.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
charleyd68
by Platinum Member on Aug. 12, 2012 at 11:55 PM

No Ma,they interview his Mom,and a officer. You made me think of something,there are cameras in the back seat at times to protect the officer from false claims. I wonder?

Quoting waitWHAT:

Before I click the video, it doesn't show a dude dying does it? I don't wanna see that...

*REAL TALK*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)