Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

21 year old Hand Cuffed man shoots himself in the head?8/17/12 update 8/21/12 UPDATE

Posted by   + Show Post

Link:newsone.com/2030353/chavis-carter-police-shooting-jonesboro-arkansas/

Two weeks after a 21 year old Mississippi man,Chavis Carter died while handcuffed in the back of a Arkansas police car,the local police are standing by their explanation that Carter, while handcuffed in a police cruiser some how shot himself in the head.

Link:CNN-ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2012/08/09 police-say-hand cuffed-man-shot-himself/?hpt=ac-t1

Okay I've tried in vein to imagine this happening as the local LEOS are reporting. Hand cuffed from behind in a police car. At the very least protocol was non-existent,and why would a kid planning to contact his girlfriend at the police station,shoot himself? What was he stopped for? How does an officer,trained to protect themselves and the public miss a gun. I've seen contortionist,and he was a lefty,REALLY?

THOUGHTS LADIES?

UPDATE: 8/17/12

Jonesboro police release dash cam footage of the night Chavis Carter died in the back of a police car. Police maintain Carter shot himself while in the back of a squad car double hand cuffed. the dash cam ends before the shooting,and the reconstruction is missing input from 21 year old Carter.

Witnesses came forward and gave "statements" supporting the police's improbable explanations. I don't know if this changes anything,but these are up dates!

Thanks to an interested Mom,I was made aware of the ME's releasing his report confirming that 21 year old Chavis Carter committed suicide. As I said before the questions left are inexplicable. I don't/didn't believe that Arkansas employed people would find that Carter was murdered. I've said all a long that I would NOT buy an supported suicide theory, and I don't. I'll keep checking,but a story was posted in this thread with this information from CNN. Plus, a eye witness who apparently is more suited for police work then the officers,keener sight and hearing? I am not buying. Check back, Ladies.

Thoughts?

The only way Evil can triumph is for good women to do nothing!

*REAL TALK*

by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 11:24 PM
Replies (251-255):
charleyd68
by Platinum Member on Aug. 23, 2012 at 5:28 PM

Thanks

Quoting StarburstKisses:

FACT

Using commas in the place of periods does not work. That was one long ass run on sentence.

Quoting charleyd68:

First you should get your implications correct,As I have said it is odd at the very least the dash cams meant to protect the officers as well as the detainees FAILED to pick it up. Second, I said it would be hard to trust anything an employee of the police and Judaical system(ME) of Arkansas's Jonesboro county/city/Parrish found since they were investigating themselves,Lastly, due to the appearance of impartiality, the FBI should have had the evidence or lack there of and the entire investigation!

Quoting Billiebeth:

It is the truth. A video could show him shooting himself in the head and you have implied that it wouldn't matter. That the police are the ones responsible for it.

Quoting charleyd68:

If That is what you think so be it. I answered your question. Since you questioned my reasoning's I answered that as well!

Quoting Billiebeth:

At least I understand this is a futile discussion now.

*REAL TALK*

JoshRachelsMAMA
by JRM on Aug. 23, 2012 at 5:52 PM

Ok. I've learned not to argue with you, because nothing written or argued changes your mind that you are right. I was only mentioning the other article. There are other viewpoints and other explanations.

Perhaps you should've attended the NYPD Criminal Investigations Course. :-/

Quoting charleyd68:

Even if your supposition is true,SO? If he stashed it why not leave it. If he stashed it,and the other supposition is he tried to RETREVIVE it,how did he shoot himself in the right temple ACCIDENTAL. He may have been scared, less then hardened criminals usually are,why call two folks say you'll call them back, then believe all is lost and shoot yourself with your non-dominate hand? And gun charges are a lot less time for most. Regardless the time frame is off,and it is not unheard of that a less then honest cop shoots a suspect with a weapon of convenience,the cops SAY they didn't find the gun twice!

Quoting JoshRachelsMAMA:

Yesterday I read somewhere online that the first time he was placed into the radio car he was uncuffed. He was then removed, searched, cuffed and then placed again in the back of the car. That would've given him ample time to stash it between the seats. I also read in the same article that he had called his girlfriend and told her that he was scared and that he was in possession of a gun.

....I am only responsible for what I say,NOT for what you understand.....
charleyd68
by Platinum Member on Aug. 24, 2012 at 10:33 AM

My computer world would be so much better if I was a narcissist and felt I was always right.

You learned not to argue with me,okay. I consider it debate,an act that requires other view points,just because I stick with MY views and debate them, doesn't mean I dismiss other's.

Thank you so much for the advice, but Virgina offers courses too, something I found to be very interesting. Seems to me you are hellbent on vilifying me so that I appear unreasonable. Whatever!

However, there happens to be precedences for MY views,a history if you will,regardless of the outcome these police officers stand responsible for Chavis Carter's death.

Quoting JoshRachelsMAMA:

Ok. I've learned not to argue with you, because nothing written or argued changes your mind that you are right. I was only mentioning the other article. There are other viewpoints and other explanations.

Quoting charleyd68:

Even if your supposition is true,SO? If he stashed it why not leave it. If he stashed it,and the other supposition is he tried to RETREVIVE it,how did he shoot himself in the right temple ACCIDENTAL. He may have been scared, less then hardened criminals usually are,why call two folks say you'll call them back, then believe all is lost and shoot yourself with your non-dominate hand? And gun charges are a lot less time for most. Regardless the time frame is off,and it is not unheard of that a less then honest cop shoots a suspect with a weapon of convenience,the cops SAY they didn't find the gun twice!

Quoting JoshRachelsMAMA:

Yesterday I read somewhere online that the first time he was placed into the radio car he was uncuffed. He was then removed, searched, cuffed and then placed again in the back of the car. That would've given him ample time to stash it between the seats. I also read in the same article that he had called his girlfriend and told her that he was scared and that he was in possession of a gun.

*REAL TALK*

JoshRachelsMAMA
by JRM on Aug. 24, 2012 at 11:12 AM
Um, Okay.

The Virginians were probably trained by the NYPD. Anyone in LE knows that the NYPD CIC is the best in the Country. But whatever, I was being facetious - you couldn't take that course even if you wanted to. As for vilifying you, that's not my intent at all. You make yourself look the way you without assistance from anyone, especially me.

Quoting charleyd68:

My computer world would be so much better if I was a narcissist and felt I was always right.

You learned not to argue with me,okay. I consider it debate,an act that requires other view points,just because I stick with MY views and debate them, doesn't mean I dismiss other's.

Thank you so much for the advice, but Virgina offers courses too, something I found to be very interesting. Seems to me you are hellbent on vilifying me so that I appear unreasonable. Whatever!

However, there happens to be precedences for MY views,a history if you will,regardless of the outcome these police officers stand responsible for Chavis Carter's death.

Quoting JoshRachelsMAMA:

Quoting charleyd68:

Quoting JoshRachelsMAMA:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
charleyd68
by Platinum Member on Aug. 24, 2012 at 11:51 AM

Yet again that is your interpretation.

I answer and make posts like everyone else,you want to taint it or assign a hidden agenda go right a head. I find it ironic that your latest criticisms finds just me! You have in each of my last two posts on two different threads made assumptions that were as usual incorrect!

Again I defend MY point of view,(something everyone does, it is an opinion forum, and a unique perspective one as well)I play devil's advocate as well, and can admit when I AM WRONG. As for the classes I've already took,You can speculate all you want,post innuendo like you know some thing, have at it,(wasn't it you that said I DON'T need to SCHOOL you on Police procedure?). I don't need to prove anything to a opinion on the Internet.

If you find ME so disagreeable,don't participate(my posts),just because things appear as a neat little package(this case),we all don't have to agree. Especially since we come from DIFFERENT backgrounds,with different EXPERENCES. What a terrible place the world  would be, filled with a bunch of yes women. Have a good day!

Quoting JoshRachelsMAMA:

Um, Okay.

The Virginians were probably trained by the NYPD. Anyone in LE knows that the NYPD CIC is the best in the Country. But whatever, I was being facetious - you couldn't take that course even if you wanted to. As for vilifying you, that's not my intent at all. You make yourself look the way you without assistance from anyone, especially me.

Quoting charleyd68:

Quoting JoshRachelsMAMA:

Quoting charleyd68:

Quoting JoshRachelsMAMA:

*REAL TALK*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured