Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Jim Duggar "it's fun trying for baby 20"

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2012 at 10:08 AM
  • 373 Replies
By ETonline

Michelle and Jim Bob Duggar can't yet confirm that their 20th child is on the way, but the couple says they are trying very hard to make that happen.

During an appearance by the whole family Friday on the "Today" show, Michelle said that while she "would love to" announce some exciting baby news, she's not able to at this time. But she reiterated that she and her husband have no intention at stopping at 19 kids. "We would love more -- if the Lord saw fit to give us more -- and so we'll wait and see."

To that, Jim Bob added, "It is fun trying though." This prompted Today anchorwoman Savannah Guthrie to respond, "Jim Bob, you sly dog, you."

Michelle, who was expecting her 20th child but suffered a miscarriage last December, was asked to elaborate on the possibility that she won't be able to get pregnant again. "I think that it will be a sad day for me whenever I know that we're not able to have any more. But we'll look forward to grandbabies."
-------------------------------------------

Thoughts? They do have a grandchild already.

Now I have an image on my head of them "trying".
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 25, 2012 at 10:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Stephanie329
by Platinum Member on Aug. 25, 2012 at 10:09 AM
That should read "IN my head" not "on".
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
marchantmom06
by on Aug. 25, 2012 at 10:10 AM
8 moms liked this
But we'll look forward to grandbabies."

You already have two, stop trying to kill yourself.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Aug. 25, 2012 at 10:12 AM
11 moms liked this

I have mixed feelings on these people.  They appear one way but I can't help but feel they are something more.  Or less.

They are certainly entitled to do as they wish, live as they wish and bring as many children in to this world as they wish.  I don't think they have ever thought past that 'lets be the family with all the kids on television'.

Either way, they aren't important enough for me to get upset over.

I do, however, feel badly for all those children whose parents cannot possibly spread themselves around enough to actually be able to give each child their time.  Guess that is what the older kids are for.

ChancesMommy07
by Silver Member on Aug. 25, 2012 at 10:13 AM
6 moms liked this

I think as long as they are both in agreement with trying for more then more power to them, they are able to support them without being on assistance and the kids all seem happy and well adjusted. My great grandparents had 22 kids and my grandparents had 15, so I guess being from a large family I don't see what the fuss is all about.

Paperfishies
by Silver Member on Aug. 25, 2012 at 10:15 AM
The look on Michelle's face when he said that was hilarious.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jadedcynic
by NerdyJen on Aug. 25, 2012 at 10:15 AM
8 moms liked this

I pray to God that woman goes through menopause soon, or he suffers a catastrophic nut injury. Baby number 19 barely made it, and number 20 didn't. They have more than enough kids. If they want more, why don't they adopt instead of putting more stress on her overstretched uterus?

wenchmommy381
by Wenchy on Aug. 25, 2012 at 10:15 AM
1 mom liked this

Can anyone disagree that babymaking is a fun process? I can understand when there are difficulties and a couples are doing medical procedures in order to conceive... it's probably just not as fun (but I don't know about that, and don't wish to downplay it).

So they're what's called providentialists. Scratch when you itch, and see what happens. 

punky3175
by on Aug. 25, 2012 at 10:17 AM
4 moms liked this
If I were her age and had just experienced a late term miscarriage like that, I wouldn't be trying for anymore. But I'm not them. They are supporting their kids and seem to be decent enough people.

I'm honestly surprised they haven't married off more kids. Especially the daughters.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Billiebeth
by on Aug. 25, 2012 at 10:19 AM
1 mom liked this

They need the help of the daughters at home.

Quoting punky3175:

If I were her age and had just experienced a late term miscarriage like that, I wouldn't be trying for anymore. But I'm not them. They are supporting their kids and seem to be decent enough people.

I'm honestly surprised they haven't married off more kids. Especially the daughters.

momof31995
by Silver Member on Aug. 25, 2012 at 10:21 AM

I say more power to them I could not imagine dealing with that many teenagers. The 3 I have are enough. Not only the attitudes but teenage toys are expensive.  I cannot imagine trying to keep up with activities either.But I guess it could be alot easier with the older kids to help out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN