Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Paul Ryan should be off the ballot!!

Posted by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 3:41 PM
  • 84 Replies
1 mom liked this

Paul Ryan Said Something That Should Force Him Off the Ticket, But You Probably Didn't Hear About It

Posted: 08/27/2012 8:14 am

Last week, Paul Ryan gave an interview in which, defending his position that there should be no excuses for abortion, he referred to rape as a "method of conception."

Wow, right? Talk about a benign euphemism. Rape -- RAPE! -- is now a "method of conception." You know, like love-making, just without the love.

There could be no greater testament to the utter abdication of responsibility by what passes for a "news" media in America in 2012 than that, despite the grotesquerie of this cavalierly callous comment, chances are better than good that this is the first you're hearing of it.

Here, watch it -- and try to figure out why this has gotten NO MAINSTREAM MEDIA play (not even here at the Huffington Post) despite it being, to my mind, a far more offensive remark than Todd Akin's imbecilic blurt of last weekend. What, are we tired of stupid remarks about rape now, so Ryan gets a free pass?

If you cant view it, here is the link for it: http://youtu.be/cat5SyMBSpk

Watch this at WJHL TV

Given the demands for Akin's resignation from a mere Senate race when his musings on "legitimate rape" were publicized, what do you imagine the reaction would be if people were as familiar with VP wannabe Ryan's stunning statement? Might there be a cacophony of outrage? Might there be calls for his resignation from the ticket? Might there be a focus on how fundamentally oblivious these people who would make our laws are to not just women's but humans' rights and dignity? Sure, there might, but then of course people would have to have heard about it.

According to the man who would be the proverbial heartbeat away from the White House, and who in any event would -- given Romney's utter hollowness -- have an inordinate influence on the judicial appointments that will determine how much freedom our children get to live under, RAPE = "METHOD OF CONCEPTION." And yet, unless you're a frequenter of one of a dozen or so lefty blogs -- or my friend on Facebook -- you probably knew nothing about it.

I truly despair for the country my 14-year-old daughter is inheriting. That a remark this intensely revealing of the danger posed by this ticket can go basically unreported is as nauseating to me as the quote itself.

by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 3:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jesi_79
by Bronze Member on Aug. 29, 2012 at 3:47 PM
9 moms liked this

When you are going to post an article that takes something out of context it is best NOT to post a video debunking the premise of the article.  Not even an issue of being out of context, the way he phrases it does not not support the author's premise.

rfurlongg
by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 3:55 PM
2 moms liked this
That is not quite what he said.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brookiecookie87
by Platinum Member on Aug. 29, 2012 at 3:56 PM
3 moms liked this

Quoting Jesi_79:

When you are going to post an article that takes something out of context it is best NOT to post a video debunking the premise of the article.  Not even an issiue of being out of context, the way he phrases it does not not support the author's premise.

What are you talking about? The video is there because it supports and proves the claim the author made.

Paul Ryan does refer to rape as "the method of conception".

This is not like when they edited Obama's "You didn't build it" When Obama is referring to roads, bridges and stuff of that nature and they changed it and out right lied to make it a play at, "You didn't build that business" and ran campaigns on it.

Paul Ryan is in fact referring to rape as the method of conception. He was directly being asked how he feels about prenancy as the result of rape when he mentions the Method of Conception doesn't matter.

Join us on the 99% Moms group!
The Ninety-Nine Percent Moms   

If they enforced bank regulations like they do park rules, we wouldn't be in this mess

_Kissy_
by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 3:57 PM
Maybe its to counteract the scandal that will soon follow.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brookiecookie87
by Platinum Member on Aug. 29, 2012 at 3:58 PM
3 moms liked this

Quoting rfurlongg:

That is not quite what he said.

It is. If you disagree can you elaborate on what he said and how it is different from what the author said?

There is another poster that agree's with him. And that's fine. If you are pro-Life to the point where you think people who are raped should be forced to have that baby then this is the guy you should vote for. As the other poster who posted who supports him 100% he is a great candidate for that person.

If you don't believe rape is another method of conception-You probably might want to rethink your vote.

Join us on the 99% Moms group!
The Ninety-Nine Percent Moms   

If they enforced bank regulations like they do park rules, we wouldn't be in this mess

isaiahsmomma86
by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 4:04 PM
5 moms liked this
I'm not understanding. Method= way or manner.
So rape, as terrible as it is, can be a method of conception.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lga1965
by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 4:09 PM
3 moms liked this

He also says premarital sex and rape are both methods of conception and both sins. So if you agree that premarital sex is a sin, well then, that is another reason to want Paul Ryan on the ticket with Mittens.

this is ridiculous and disgusting.

BlueRay
by Bronze Member on Aug. 29, 2012 at 4:12 PM
4 moms liked this
I'm pro choice and there is no way in HELL I'll be voting red this election and even I agree that he was not being offensive, he was stating a fact. He was not condoning it, dismissing it or downplaying it. I thought it was handled well, especially considering the sensitivity of the question.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
isaiahsmomma86
by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 4:14 PM
Totally agree!

Quoting BlueRay:

I'm pro choice and there is no way in HELL I'll be voting red this election and even I agree that he was not being offensive, he was stating a fact. He was not condoning it, dismissing it or downplaying it. I thought it was handled well, especially considering the sensitivity of the question.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
motha2daDuchess
by Bruja on Aug. 29, 2012 at 4:18 PM
4 moms liked this

this is so a serious question, with religion not in the equation, what business is it of yours(prolifers) if someone as an abortion and for whatever reason....can you tell if a woman has had an abortion....what is your reasoning for inserting yourself in someone else's life

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN