Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Haters

Posted by on Sep. 3, 2012 at 8:48 AM
  • 84 Replies
2 moms liked this
Why do ppl hate? What's the point? Is it bcuz of their own insecurities and sense of worthlessness that makes them hate and talk ill of or bully another human being. I see the increasing effect of hate and ppl seem to think it's normal. Where does the hate stem from? Jealousy? Envy? Intimidation? Unworthiness? Or simply put, just plain evil hearts?

I've been hated on all my life and to me it's senseless bcuz I don't hate on NOBODY. Never have and never will. I like to see ppl doing well and try to encourage everyone to do so. But it just takes me aback that ppl have the audacity to hate on someone else when they need to depict that negative energy into something more positive and work on themselves bcuz in my book, EVERYONE can use some self-improvement instead hating on someone else.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 3, 2012 at 8:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EireLass
by Ruby Member on Sep. 3, 2012 at 8:58 AM

I hate, and I'm okay with it.

lga1965
by on Sep. 3, 2012 at 9:03 AM
3 moms liked this
Haters?
Well....the only people who use the word "haters " are usually about 14.
And...ppl?
I really don't see hate here.
It is an ugly word.
Why are you discussing this?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JonJon
by Ruby Member on Sep. 3, 2012 at 9:14 AM
5 moms liked this

You've been a member here for six months.  How long have you been on CM?  This is just another sunny day in contentious groups like this.  Don't take any of it too seriously; people just like targeting people to taunt. 

I believe it's due to their being taunted so much and having no friends and no say as kids and young adults.  This is their chance to do unto others what was done unto them.  If it's cathartic for them, I'm willing to let them get it out in an online version of Gestalt.  Hopefully they will experience a profound change in the way they think so the healing process can begin.

JonJon
by Ruby Member on Sep. 3, 2012 at 9:19 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting lga1965:

Haters?
And...ppl?
It is an ugly word.

Hate is just a word, don't give a word any power it doesn't need to have. 

We have to acknowledge there are people who hate people before we can move to help them understand there's a more productive way to realize and actualize the best people they can be.

stacymomof2
by Ruby Member on Sep. 3, 2012 at 9:20 AM
1 mom liked this

People hate in real life because of fear, mostly.  Lots of people hate poor people because if they can identify a problem with that person (they are lazy, irresponsible, made bad choices, whatever) then they can tell themselves that the reason they are poor is their own fault, so they will be able to avoid it.  People hate people of other colors or religion because they are scared and ignorant.  (the evil "others" are the cause of whatever problem) and then they can absolve themselves of any responsibility.

On line people "hate on" others because when arguing on line it is often easier to take a more extreme stance when not looking at another human being face to face.

I wouldn't dwell on online hating too much, it's easier to be tough while looking at a computer than looking at a person.

mikiemom
by Ruby Member on Sep. 3, 2012 at 9:45 AM
4 moms liked this

First off, disagreeing with you is not hating, just sayin.

TugBoatMama
by on Sep. 3, 2012 at 9:47 AM
4 moms liked this

If I thought everyone that didn't agree with me was a "hater", I would probably be a very lonely person.

punky3175
by Punky on Sep. 3, 2012 at 9:49 AM
What do you consider 'hating on' someone?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EireLass
by Ruby Member on Sep. 3, 2012 at 10:58 AM
1 mom liked this

Are you all just trying to be politically correct? I have a hard time believing that I'm the only one who experiences hate.

msveevee1
by Member on Sep. 3, 2012 at 11:00 AM
What is the root word of haters? Hate...no matter what age a person is, hate is the subject. So your pointing out what age a person is doesn't answer the question of the fact that it exist. Are you a hater?

Quoting lga1965:

Haters?

And...ppl?

It is an ugly word.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)