Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Can We STOP Talking About It Already...

Posted by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 7:24 AM
  • 114 Replies
9 moms liked this

The supreme court already decided that abortion was legal. The only way its going to get changed is if they make an amendment to the constitution in order to make that amendment 2/3 of the states would have to ratify said constitutional amendment. Which means it would never get passed I'm sorry guys but Abortion is here to stay so why don't we take this issue out of politics and decide without it. 

by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 7:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Woodbabe
by Woodie on Sep. 4, 2012 at 7:27 AM
9 moms liked this

Um...aren't you encouraging us to discuss what you just asked us to stop talking about? :)

sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Sep. 4, 2012 at 7:31 AM
5 moms liked this
Or get a couple conservative justices and have a case brought before the SCOTUS.....and it could be overturned

Which is a stated goal (along with an amended Constitution) of the current republican party

They are also making rules and regulations to make it more and more difficult to obtain a legal medical procedure...some states now have no clinics that will offer abortions

They are making it happen

Ignoring it doesn't stop that
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lazycervix
by Member on Sep. 4, 2012 at 7:32 AM
2 moms liked this

No I would rather no one reply and take my rant for what it was or maybe take the advice to stop talking about it

Woodbabe
by Woodie on Sep. 4, 2012 at 7:35 AM
3 moms liked this

Quoting lazycervix:

No I would rather no one reply and take my rant for what it was or maybe take the advice to stop talking about it

Yet you post this on a debate board? LOL

Sexy If its unladylike, fattening or fun, I'm in!

cueballsmom
by Silver Member on Sep. 4, 2012 at 7:36 AM

NO, no we can't. Because it isn't something that stays the same and never changes. It is constantly being pulled and pushed.

It's like pot. Federally it is illegal, but that does not make it illegal in every state. Some states, iy is illegal to have an abortion. That is why some people are passoniate about it. Other than a few prolife zombies that are frantic to make abortion as legal as screwing your sister.

cueballsmom
by Silver Member on Sep. 4, 2012 at 7:37 AM
1 mom liked this

It actually doesn't matter what the white house stance on it is, abortion is a states right.

Quoting lazycervix:

lazycervix
by Member on Sep. 4, 2012 at 7:38 AM

That's because there have been a lot of abortion topics in the last few days its getting old lets discuss something else.

lazycervix
by Member on Sep. 4, 2012 at 7:40 AM

Its not anymore because the SC already decided on it 39 years ago. If it hasn't changed in that time its not gonna. 

Quoting cueballsmom:

It actually doesn't matter what the white house stance on it is, abortion is a states right.

Quoting lazycervix:

Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 7:54 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Woodbabe:

Um...aren't you encouraging us to discuss what you just asked us to stop talking about? :)

my thoughts, too

Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 7:56 AM

Quoting lazycervix:

That's because there have been a lot of abortion topics in the last few days its getting old lets discuss something else.

If you want to control what this group discusses you need to make a contribution of posts on different topics. It's fairly easy to avoid certain subjects as well as posters.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN