Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

So it's okay to spank your child but not breastfeed them? My visit from CPS

Posted by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 1:07 PM
  • 437 Replies

I hate ghetto people. I really, really do.

I just had CPS show up at my house yesterday and I know who called on me. Some trashy little girl from the neighborhood who my dd used to be friends with. They had a fight about a week ago and the girl swore she'd get Savannah back. Now a social worker shows up asking about (skewed) events that only the girl would have known. I'm so pissed.

Here were the allegations

I have a filthy house. (Nope)The kids just drop trash on the floor. (Nope) I have no food, no refrigerator and the kids are always  hungry. (Not true) My children go around barefoot and dirty because I don't bathe them. (They play outside bare foot and dig in the dirt)They aren't in school because I supposedly "homeschool' them. (I really do homeschool them) My son cries all the time and doesn't know why.(Not at all!) I'm always outside screaming at them and acting crazy. (Oh for Gods sakes *eye roll*) My oldest daughter goes dumpster diving (Yes her and the child in question went looking for cans once and she found a pair of shoes) and my 5 year old daughter is still breastfed. (She is. I nurse her at night during stories and the brat would have known because she spent the night a few times and walked in on us)

So I asked the social worker, since when is breastfeeding illegal? She said at age 5 it can be considered abuse depending on the discretion of the worker. I said wait a minute. So by California law, I can spank my 5 year old but not breastfeed her?? She nodded yes then asked me if I did (nurse). God help me I lied and said she weaned last month.  She said okay, looked at the house, talked to the kids and left.

I feel sick to my stomach that I had to lie about something like that. I know it's not illegal but I wasn't willing to drag it out. And my trust is sooo gone. I don't know if I'll ever feel comfortable having anyone's friends over again :-(

by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 1:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mamaof2010
by Member on Sep. 6, 2012 at 1:18 PM
1 mom liked this
thats screwed up
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyfesha
by Member on Sep. 6, 2012 at 1:20 PM
1 mom liked this
That's so messed up!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
D.O.E.
by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 1:20 PM
30 moms liked this

oh.....well....maybe it is time to wean her for real?

p1r4t3cr0pc1rcl
by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 1:20 PM
2 moms liked this

Damn. I am sorry that you had to go through that, and it sucks having to lie. 

In a situation like that, I would think it be okay to cover your ass. 

I don't allow people to come over to my house withour hours notice. 

Paigesmommy78
by Bronze Member on Sep. 6, 2012 at 1:21 PM
1 mom liked this

:( that sso messed up

Billiebeth
by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 1:21 PM
4 moms liked this

I call troll.

A 5 or 6 year old child isn't going to get CPS called on a family without other evidence.

Whaaaaaa....O.o
by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 1:23 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm so sorry. My personal preference is weaning around 1, but I would NEVER EVER stop you from doing what you feel is best for your child. That really sucks.

baquick
by Bronze Member on Sep. 6, 2012 at 1:23 PM
15 moms liked this
I'm sorry... But IMO 5 is waaaaaay past time to wean. If you want her to have the values of bfing pump and glass it.

I hope everything turns out ok!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Peanutx3
by Ruby Member on Sep. 6, 2012 at 1:24 PM
6 moms liked this

No comment.

GeorgetteJ
by Member on Sep. 6, 2012 at 1:24 PM
2 moms liked this

Wow.  Hmm.. I am sorry that you had to be interrogated like that...

As far as BFing goes at 5 years... I don't know.  I guess it depends on an individuals comfort level.  I wouldn't be comfortable doing that at all.  But what do they mean by abuse?

SKOL 2012

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN