Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Step mom gave my 3 year old her breast milk! WTF?

Posted by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 12:13 PM
  • 261 Replies

Poll

Question: Would you be okay with your kids step mom giving your child her breast milk?

Options:

Hell no! I'd be pissed if she did that.

I'd only be okay with it if she asked me first

I wouldn't really care one way or the other.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 222

View Results

My BF asked me to post this here to get some opinions.

Here's the story. Bf and her ex had a baby together. He cheated, they split, then he married the "other woman" and had another baby. Dad has been seeing the little girl every other weekend since she was a baby. Now his new wife has a baby too. Everything was going fine until recently the step mom was starting to get a little too familiar with her step dd. They're taking "family" pictures of the 4 of them and posting them all over FB and when Ex goes on deployment, step mom wants to continue having visitation with the 3 year old. (No)

All of this was bugging my BF but she didn't really say anything until the last visit. Apparently dd was thirsty and there was nothing in the house to drink so they gave her Step moms frozen breast milk. Bf didn't find out until a relative told her. When she confronted Ex and Step mom, they acted like she was the crazy one. And to make matters worse. All of his family is 100% on his side, they're posting all over FB about and using this as an excuse to call my BF out on anything they can.

by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 12:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.Sparkle
by Bronze Member on Sep. 10, 2012 at 12:16 PM
11 moms liked this
They surely had tap water right????
And if the tap was nasty they could have boiled it first.
I would have stomped her ass for that though!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Firewoman33
by Member on Sep. 10, 2012 at 12:16 PM
2 moms liked this

How could they not have had anything other then breast milk to drink? That's crazy talk. 

I'd be ok with the family pictures since they are also family. I might even be ok with visits when dad is deployed, since they are married and a good relationship between daughter and step is important. However, with a stepmom with boundary issues like that, no way. 

KimmyShaw
by Member on Sep. 10, 2012 at 12:17 PM
2 moms liked this

I really dont see the big deal on ANY of the issues. I would rather know a head of time about the breast milk but i wouldn't be that bothered by it (unless of course she was some nasty *bleep*).

MicheleJM
by Bronze Member on Sep. 10, 2012 at 12:18 PM

Yes it's a little odd to me, given the child's age and the fact it's the SM.  I wouldn't be happy about it.

paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Sep. 10, 2012 at 12:19 PM

That's what she said. Lol

They had tap water didn't they??

Quoting Mrs.Sparkle:

They surely had tap water right????
And if the tap was nasty they could have boiled it first.
I would have stomped her ass for that though!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Lizardannie1966
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 12:19 PM
7 moms liked this

There are too many issues to begin with and one of them is how this step-Mom came to even be a part of the equation to begin with--she was the "other woman."

So of course your BF is going to probably be even more pissed off about all of this and understandably so.

No juice? Gatorade? Water? Nothing wrong with the 3-year old having that breast milk but I would think from the Mother herself UNLESS the child was starving.

Maybe I am just too skeptical to begin with, but I'm not picking up that this step-Mom was simply trying to nourish and nurture the child and by this I mean that she's attempting to put herself in a position that may not be appropriate.

charliebean
by Bronze Member on Sep. 10, 2012 at 12:20 PM
3 moms liked this
I don't have a problem with the breast milk, but I would definitely have a problem with a woman who slept with my husband getting all motherly with my child like that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Sep. 10, 2012 at 12:22 PM

I know right?

And like I said, the other stuff on their own wasn't too bad. BF just isn't crazy about her because Ex cheated on her while she was pregnant with dd with this woman :-( But she was a lady and decided to let it go. Now that Step mom decided to get all 'Hand that rocks the cradle' on her, she's putting her foot down!

Quoting Firewoman33:

How could they not have had anything other then breast milk to drink? That's crazy talk. 

I'd be ok with the family pictures since they are also family. I might even be ok with visits when dad is deployed, since they are married and a good relationship between daughter and step is important. However, with a stepmom with boundary issues like that, no way. 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Tylersmomma7
by New Member on Sep. 10, 2012 at 12:22 PM
Its just not okay. You never know how someone will react especially when it comes to their children. It's better to just ask first
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katie_did
by Member on Sep. 10, 2012 at 12:22 PM
5 moms liked this
What, they couldn't go to the store? If they can't provide the 3 year old food and drinks, she shouldn't be staying with them anyway!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN