Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

When Did Bigotry And Racial Intolerance Become Acceptable Political Positions?

Posted by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 6:08 PM
  • 61 Replies

When Did Bigotry And Racial Intolerance Become Acceptable Political Positions?

For some reason, Middle Easterners tend to scare the pants off Tea Partiers. I don't know exactly where the hate comes from, but in the eyes of Tea Party member and Republican congressional candidate Gabriela Mercer, some Middle Eastern immigrants are just out to get America. Maybe she really doesn't trust people from certain countries, or maybe she's appealing to scared Arizona voters, but either way this isn't an appropriate way to act if you want to be an elected official. Please share this video to let the voters in Arizona know whom they'd be electing.

http://www.upworthy.com/when-did-bigotry-and-racial-intolerance-become-acceptable-political-positions?c=ufb1

Political Chatter & Hot Topics Group - CafeMom

Join us for Political Chatter & Hot Topics.

by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 6:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mikiemom
by Ruby Member on Sep. 10, 2012 at 6:13 PM
4 moms liked this

disgusting. I have no respect for anyone in the Tea Party due to this type of behavior.

nb34
by Silver Member on Sep. 10, 2012 at 10:57 PM

I posted this a while ago and didn't get many responses either. In fact no response from the Republican Moms . I guess they agree with her. SMH.

rfurlongg
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 11:00 PM
Wow... At least we know where she stands?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Sep. 10, 2012 at 11:01 PM
1 mom liked this
For most they have always been acceptable

Only recently have people been starting to hold these bigots accountable...and only some of the time
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
afwifeandmommy3
by Bronze Member on Sep. 10, 2012 at 11:02 PM
5 moms liked this
IMO people have a right to there opinion and the us has become obsessed with political correctness .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Sep. 10, 2012 at 11:09 PM
4 moms liked this
Quoting afwifeandmommy3:

IMO people have a right to there opinion and the us has become obsessed with political correctness .

There is no place in our government for bigoted cowards like her

And everyone should agree on at least that much

stacymomof2
by Ruby Member on Sep. 11, 2012 at 1:00 AM
2 moms liked this

How the hell are prayer rugs and Quar'ans threatening?  OMG what an idiot she is.  In that case she would want to raid my house, I have 4 prayer rugs and at least 3 Quar'ans.  

That's like finding pics of Jesus and Bibles threatening.   

stacymomof2
by Ruby Member on Sep. 11, 2012 at 1:01 AM
3 moms liked this

So not being an ignorant bigot wanting to stifle people's constitutional rights is "PC?"  Come on.

Quoting afwifeandmommy3:

Bookwormy
by Platinum Member on Sep. 11, 2012 at 1:11 AM
3 moms liked this
Of course, everyone has a right to their opinion, but bigotry, hatred, racial &/or religious intolerance has no place in a political arena when, as a country, we are clear that we do not tolerate discrimination based on race & religion. People may be racist, but a political position shouldn't be, because racism isn't condoned in this country.

This isn't about political correctness. This isn't about personal beliefs. This is about people running on political "positions" that are racist, & are technically illegal in this country if upheld.

Book

Quoting afwifeandmommy3:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
turtle68
by Mahinaarangi on Sep. 11, 2012 at 1:58 AM

wow...sad that she is a candidate for anything other than moronville

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)