Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Never forget 9/11

Posted by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 6:37 AM
  • 46 Replies
5 moms liked this

by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 6:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
candlegal
by Judy on Sep. 11, 2012 at 6:40 AM

Photo

momaof8
by Bronze Member on Sep. 11, 2012 at 6:42 AM

How could we forget the day that was a nightmare for our family and hundereds of others. my family doesn't need reminding my daughter hides from news and media on this day and the days surrounding it because it was the most traumatic day of her life. She has lasting anxiety from a day in september when she was just 12.

cjsbmom
by Lois Lane on Sep. 11, 2012 at 6:45 AM
2 moms liked this

I will be saying a silent prayer for those who were lost that day, as well as those they left behind. But I won't be watching any TV programs about it. I won't even turn on the TV today. I was a reporter when that happened, and I was immersed in that tragedy 24 hours a day for nearly a week straight. It was traumatizing. I don't want to relive it, and I don't think it's healthy for people to watch images from that day every year. Never forget, but allow yourself to heal. We can't do that if we relive the tragedy in vivid images every year.

momaof8
by Bronze Member on Sep. 11, 2012 at 6:48 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree it is like morbid curiosity on the part of those uneffected personally.    We have to shut down as well.

Quoting cjsbmom:

I will be saying a silent prayer for those who were lost that day, as well as those they left behind. But I won't be watching any TV programs about it. I won't even turn on the TV today. I was a reporter when that happened, and I was immersed in that tragedy 24 hours a day for nearly a week straight. It was traumatizing. I don't want to relive it, and I don't think it's healthy for people to watch images from that day every year. Never forget, but allow yourself to heal. We can't do that if we relive the tragedy in vivid images every year.

_Kissy_
by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 6:55 AM
1 mom liked this
I'll never forget.

Ill also never forget that it could if been dealt with in another manner.
But thats another post for another time
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
candlegal
by Judy on Sep. 11, 2012 at 7:03 AM

I choose to watch, that is my choice.  I have it on now

momaof8
by Bronze Member on Sep. 11, 2012 at 7:09 AM

It is like the Titanic the hindenburg the bombing of pearl harbor no one forget even if people stop anouncing it with graphic pictures. But people could use to heal which as the other poster said is difficult when people rip the wound open ev.ery year and say ridiculously never forget

candlegal
by Judy on Sep. 11, 2012 at 7:12 AM
4 moms liked this

those people don't need to open this post.  Some of us will choose to open it.   Don't like a post, don't open it.

Quoting momaof8:

It is like the Titanic the hindenburg the bombing of pearl harbor no one forget even if people stop anouncing it with graphic pictures. But people could use to heal which as the other poster said is difficult when people rip the wound open ev.ery year and say ridiculously never forget

Meadowchik
by Silver Member on Sep. 11, 2012 at 7:18 AM

Just watched a movie related to it, and that sparked a review of history with my kids, which was a good thing.

I won't.

candlegal
by Judy on Sep. 11, 2012 at 7:24 AM

I will make sure my grankids get to see a portion of it today. 

Quoting Meadowchik:

Just watched a movie related to it, and that sparked a review of history with my kids, which was a good thing.

I won't.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)