Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

A request in relation to 9/11

Posted by   + Show Post

If you are going to post very vivid images from that day in a post discussing that day's events, please indicate it in your title so people can be warned. Some of us choose not to relive it by watching images from the tragedy, and it might be helpful to know not to enter a post if we might be faced with seeing some.

Thank you.

by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 6:48 AM
Replies (41-50):
billsfan1104
by Jules on Sep. 11, 2012 at 10:12 AM
To me a picture of towers burning or the Pentagon burning is not graphic. I am sorry, but I will not title something "graphic" when in my opinion it isnt.

Quoting cjsbmom:

I didn't ask them not to post pics. I asked them to warn us in the title there were pics, especially if they are something graphic, like the towers burning. That is not too much to ask, and we do it with other topics all the time. I don't hear any complaining about that. It saddens me that some of you are being so disrespectful as to turn a simple request into a huge debate.

Quoting Radarma:

Baloney, if someone wants to post pics, they can post pics. If you are that sensitive to it, don't open any 9/11 titled posts.

I am not gonna debate it either. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoshRachelsMAMA
by JRM on Sep. 11, 2012 at 10:15 AM
1 mom liked this
My head is not in the sand. I LIVED it. Every smell, every body part, every person jumping out the window. All the screams, the dust clouds, the gelatinous arms with no bones. I was covered in all kinds of dirt and soot and whatever else, while the City told me the air was safe to breathe.

So please, not FUCKING today. My memories are horrific enough.

Quoting asfriend:

Agreed, much easier to keep one's head in the sand that way.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsbmom
by Lois Lane on Sep. 11, 2012 at 10:17 AM
1 mom liked this

(((HUGS))) You will be in my thoughts and prayers today.

Quoting JoshRachelsMAMA:

My head is not in the sand. I LIVED it. Every smell, every body part, every person jumping out the window. All the screams, the dust clouds, the gelatinous arms with no bones. I was covered inallkinds of dirt and soot and whatever else, while the City told me the air was safe to breathe.

Quoting asfriend:

ashellbell
by shellbark on Sep. 11, 2012 at 10:20 AM
How difficult is it to put "pics" in the title. That's really asking too much?

Quoting Radarma:

Baloney, if someone wants to post pics, they can post pics. If you are that sensitive to it, don't open any 9/11 titled posts.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashellbell
by shellbark on Sep. 11, 2012 at 10:24 AM
2 moms liked this
You don't find it graphic that in those pictures of burning building people were dying? Running for their lives? Some of us would like to discuss the memories of our loved ones but not see the picture of their fiery death. How hard is it to simply put "pic" in the title?

Quoting billsfan1104:

To me a picture of towers burning or the Pentagon burning is not graphic. I am sorry, but I will not title something "graphic" when in my opinion it isnt.

Quoting cjsbmom:

I didn't ask them not to post pics. I asked them to warn us in the title there were pics, especially if they are something graphic, like the towers burning. That is not too much to ask, and we do it with other topics all the time. I don't hear any complaining about that. It saddens me that some of you are being so disrespectful as to turn a simple request into a huge debate.

Quoting Radarma:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
billsfan1104
by Jules on Sep. 11, 2012 at 10:28 AM
Who said we were posting those pics. Not one person has posting that in these rooms. The OP said earlier that even pictures of the towers are too graphic.

Quoting ashellbell:

You don't find it graphic that in those pictures of burning building people were dying? Running for their lives? Some of us would like to discuss the memories of our loved ones but not see the picture of their fiery death. How hard is it to simply put "pic" in the title?

Quoting billsfan1104:

Quoting cjsbmom:

Quoting Radarma:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
romalove
by Roma on Sep. 11, 2012 at 10:32 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting JoshRachelsMAMA:

My head is not in the sand. I LIVED it. Every smell, every body part, every person jumping out the window. All the screams, the dust clouds, the gelatinous arms with no bones. I was covered in all kinds of dirt and soot and whatever else, while the City told me the air was safe to breathe.

Quoting asfriend:

I'm so sorry.  I have a friend who was working the pile, and she just got diagnosed with leukemia.  I hope your health stays good.  I know how difficult this is for you.  :-(

Euphoric
by Bazinga! on Sep. 11, 2012 at 10:33 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry :(

Quoting JoshRachelsMAMA:

Quoting asfriend:

www.cafemom.com/group/116692
JakeandEmmasMom
by Platinum Member on Sep. 11, 2012 at 10:41 AM
No. She didn't ask that people not post photos. She is asking that they put a warning in their title. That has nothing to do with telling anyone else how to remember the day. They can post as many photos as they like. She's just asking, out of respect for those who were more personally affected, to please warn people so they aren't being forced to remember in a way that could be a trigger for them.

Quoting Radarma:

Isn't that precisely what this OP is asking of everyone else?

I get it, and I will oblige, but it is still, pretty much telling others how to honor/remeber that day.

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

Quoting asfriend:

You are really an ass! Who the fuck are you to tell people how to remember that day??

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoshRachelsMAMA
by JRM on Sep. 11, 2012 at 10:42 AM
1 mom liked this
Thanks Roma :)

The pics and footage of that day don't bother me, but I've a strong countenance. It's the stupid comments like that from people who haven't a true clue of what that day was like that truly gnaw at me.

As for my health, last year I had a little scare, but it turned out ok. I have to go to yearly WTC screenings. So far so good (thank God).

Quoting romalove:

Quoting JoshRachelsMAMA:

Quoting asfriend:

I'm so sorry.  I have a friend who was working the pile, and she just got diagnosed with leukemia.  I hope your health stays good.  I know how difficult this is for you.  :-(

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN