Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Pause

Posted by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 7:33 PM
  • 16 Replies
7 moms liked this

by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 7:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Euphoric
by Bazinga! on Sep. 11, 2012 at 7:43 PM
2 moms liked this

Bless America.

Euphoric
by Bazinga! on Sep. 11, 2012 at 9:45 PM

bump

sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Sep. 11, 2012 at 9:48 PM
2 moms liked this
Why hate each other at all?

Maybe unite and realize we all want many of the same things

Disagree, debate but hate?

SEEKEROFSHELLS
by Platinum Member on Sep. 11, 2012 at 9:49 PM

Thank you Poodles. I remember my work kept me locked in. I could not leave. I didn't know what the hell was going on and I could not leave to get to my kids. Other people were locked in, they were calling their spouses. Some were locked in at their work. It was a scary scary time for me. Imagine not being able to leave work to get your children. Also when we left work all cars were searched, and for the next few days, you better have more than the tag or you didn't get in. Scary time.

Carpy
by Ruby Member on Sep. 11, 2012 at 10:01 PM

Do you live in NYC?

Quoting SEEKEROFSHELLS:

Thank you Poodles. I remember my work kept me locked in. I could not leave. I didn't know what the hell was going on and I could not leave to get to my kids. Other people were locked in, they were calling their spouses. Some were locked in at their work. It was a scary scary time for me. Imagine not being able to leave work to get your children. Also when we left work all cars were searched, and for the next few days, you better have more than the tag or you didn't get in. Scary time.

SEEKEROFSHELLS
by Platinum Member on Sep. 11, 2012 at 10:12 PM

No I was in Florida. The government has plans in place for attacks. I was running a connex for the millwrites at a power plant it was new construction at an existing power plant.. Under attack, gotta have power. I bet people in water plants were locked in. A man called his wife, she worked at Boeing, military contract building god knows what. She was locked in. What is really scary, there was a meeting and the ladies and men in that meeting came out of it and told people the government is going to cut the cell phone towers within 45 min. It calmed down. No cell phone cut off. Think about this ladies, have a plan in place. Hats off to the government. Say the attack went on. People unless the plant was bombed would of had electricity. Hey attack went on, Boeing could still produce arms or planes or whatever. It was a scary time and I was not in New York.

Quoting Carpy:

Do you live in NYC?

Quoting SEEKEROFSHELLS:

SEEKEROFSHELLS
by Platinum Member on Sep. 11, 2012 at 10:18 PM

Bump

yu001133shan02
by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 10:19 PM
bump

toomanypoodles
by Ruby Member on Sep. 11, 2012 at 10:31 PM

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Why hate each other at all?

Maybe unite and realize we all want many of the same things

Disagree, debate but hate?

Oh SaK...you must argue everything, mus'n't you.  lol

Yes, there is indeed hate here. 

NWP
by guerrilla girl on Sep. 11, 2012 at 10:59 PM

We were stuck on Long Island...could see the smoke all the way on the East End. My friend was in the second tower hit, but she got out. I will never forget.

New World Peace

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)