Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Mitt Romney Finds The Line You Shouldn't Cross And Dives Under It ***Warning!!! Some tactless person put graphic pics of the murder in this post***

Posted by   + Show Post

Mitt Romney Finds The Line You Shouldn't Cross And Dives Under It

Mitt, this isn't the time to use a national tragedy as a political talking point. Go buy a sense of shame at the Billionaire Store, and come back when you've learned a sense of decorum.

A series of tragic events unfolded in the Middle East yesterday. An anti-Islamic YouTube video posted by an Israeli-American filmmaker sparked a wave of violent protests in Egypt, which then spilled over to Libya and led to an attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi. Upon hearing that his staff was under attack, U.S. Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens rushed to the scene with three other staff members to assist with the evacuation. All four were killed in the ensuing mayhem. 

Evidently, Mitt Romney decided that a tragic international crisis would be the perfect time to inject himself into the national conversation and accuse President Obama of sympathizing with the psychos who killed his own Ambassador. The reasoning behind this outrageous claim? At the beginning of the protests in Egypt, the U.S. embassy in Cairo released a statement condemning the movie in an attempt to head off the violence. In Mitt Romney's eyes, this was somehow an example of "apologizing for our values." At the end of the press conference, he grinned. 

ORIGINAL: By self-taught diplomat Mitt Romney on the Associated Press YouTube channel. Here is his full, baffling, statement, if you'd like the context of his whole video. Here is the timeline of events as they unfolded.

Spirituality makes people sane and religion makes people insane...

by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 4:17 PM
Replies (11-20):
Sisteract
by Whoopie on Sep. 12, 2012 at 5:14 PM
3 moms liked this

On a global arena, MR scares the crap at of me-

He has difficulty relating to and not offending average Americans with his off putting approach, and has zero experience is diplomacy or foreign relations.

He will need to educate himself if he is elected.

Global economic crisis, and he would be our voice if he were elected-

Sisteract
by Whoopie on Sep. 12, 2012 at 5:18 PM

Do you live in America, and if so, do you under the concept of free speech?

You freely posted, exercised your right,and now others get to do the same. 

Consequences for choices made.

Quoting PurpleChaos:

Because if you're so upset then don't reply. That's what I mean. When something pisses me off, upsets me, offends me, I don't sit there and reply to let them know that. I move on. Freedom of speech. 

And I have nothing to personally gain from this. I posted the pics because it's easy to have an opinion and sympathize with the Libyans when you're going in blind. But actually see what these "upset" radicals did and still defend it. 

It's your right to express your "disgust". And it's mine to post information and images pertaining to the topic. 

Quoting UpSheRises:

Sorry honey, when i see someone do something that i find utterly disgusting i feel obligated to mention something.

Posting pictures of dead bodies doesn't make your point, it exploits the dying for your own personal gains.

Not only did no one tell me to reply, i didn't ask permission. Not sure what that has to do with anything.

Quoting PurpleChaos:

Then ignore it. Move on. No one told you to reply. 

But if someone is going to defend this action, I'm going to put it out there and ask them what can they defend about this. 

It's easy to have an opinion going in blind, but sympathize with those murderers now. Now you SEE what they did was more than be "upset" over a stupid video. 

Quoting UpSheRises:

Posting pictures of people actively dying with out their permission is disgusting. I don't care if it's already on the internet...there is no reason to post that shit here.

Quoting PurpleChaos:

Upset? Yes.

Murderous? No.

BIG difference.

Make an excuse for this. Go ahead. Tell me how this individual who had NOTHING to do with the film deserved it. And regardless that film is protected under freedom of speech.

And this a clip from the video

Quoting glitterteaz:

okay so you think they should be happy about the film and not insulted or upset?  not saying they had a right to do what they did cause they didnt.  but really you wouldnt be uppset with your faith mocked? 

Quoting PurpleChaos:

When I was watching the news early this morning I heard Obama say it, and I didn't like the way it sounded. From what I remember it was:

"There is no question, what happened is a tragedy. But, I can understand why they're upset and why they felt, they had to lash out"

Basically in the film it is said "Islam is like a cancer"

As well as depictions of their prophet Mohammad. And Obama was saying that while the murder (which I saw btw on aljazeera it's disgusting) was sad, he said Libyians carried him to safety which now that the video and pics have been leaked it is seen that he wasn't "carried to safety" he was actually dragged to death. So for him to say "I can see why they're upset" kinda bullshit. IMO. 

brookiecookie87
by Platinum Member on Sep. 12, 2012 at 5:20 PM

I looked at it more as Damage Control than Defending it. He didn't say they did the right thing.

He was just wording it so there would not be more attacks. If he came out and said, "Your God is wrong and you are wrong" for all we know we could have more dead diplomats today.

It was a tragedy what happened. But it doesn't mean he should stir the pot and roll the dice with human lives and foreign relations.

Quoting PurpleChaos:

Honestly, didn't think of linking it.

as far as your other points, I really have nothing to say to them because I never mentioned wanting to go to war, never said this was the first time this incident has happened(the first in 30 yrs though).

I simply was asking how to defend this. 

Quoting brookiecookie87:

Why not just link to it so people who want to see it can? Or were you trying to illicit an emotional response?

And it is indeed a smart move. This is not an accident. This is not the first person killed over something like this. Is it horrible? Yes.

Should we go to war over every event a country does that is horrible? That depends. But to just rush in and commit to a stance that could cause a huge influx of terrorist attacks does not seem like a smart move.

Quoting PurpleChaos:

But if someone is going to defend this action, I'm going to put it out there and ask them what can they defend about this. 

It's easy to have an opinion going in blind, but sympathize with those murderers now. Now you SEE what they did was more than be "upset" over a stupid video. 

Quoting UpSheRises:

Posting pictures of people actively dying with out their permission is disgusting. I don't care if it's already on the internet...there is no reason to post that shit here.

Quoting PurpleChaos:

Upset? Yes.

Murderous? No.

BIG difference.

Make an excuse for this. Go ahead. Tell me how this individual who had NOTHING to do with the film deserved it. And regardless that film is protected under freedom of speech.

Quoting glitterteaz:

okay so you think they should be happy about the film and not insulted or upset?  not saying they had a right to do what they did cause they didnt.  but really you wouldnt be uppset with your faith mocked? 

Quoting PurpleChaos:

When I was watching the news early this morning I heard Obama say it, and I didn't like the way it sounded. From what I remember it was:

"There is no question, what happened is a tragedy. But, I can understand why they're upset and why they felt, they had to lash out"

As well as depictions of their prophet Mohammad. And Obama was saying that while the murder (which I saw btw on aljazeera it's disgusting) was sad, he said Libyians carried him to safety which now that the video and pics have been leaked it is seen that he wasn't "carried to safety" he was actually dragged to death. So for him to say "I can see why they're upset" kinda bullshit. IMO. 

Join us on the 99% Moms group!
The Ninety-Nine Percent Moms   

If they enforced bank regulations like they do park rules, we wouldn't be in this mess

PurpleChaos
by Member on Sep. 12, 2012 at 5:21 PM

Yes it is why the end of my previous response it says 

"It's your right to express your "disgust". And it's mine to post information and images pertaining to the topic"

Quoting Sisteract:

Do you live in America, and if so, do you under the concept of free speech?

You freely posted, exercised your right,and now others get to do the same. 

Consequences for choices made.

Quoting PurpleChaos:

Because if you're so upset then don't reply. That's what I mean. When something pisses me off, upsets me, offends me, I don't sit there and reply to let them know that. I move on. Freedom of speech. 

And I have nothing to personally gain from this. I posted the pics because it's easy to have an opinion and sympathize with the Libyans when you're going in blind. But actually see what these "upset" radicals did and still defend it. 

It's your right to express your "disgust". And it's mine to post information and images pertaining to the topic. 

Quoting UpSheRises:

Sorry honey, when i see someone do something that i find utterly disgusting i feel obligated to mention something.

Posting pictures of dead bodies doesn't make your point, it exploits the dying for your own personal gains.

Not only did no one tell me to reply, i didn't ask permission. Not sure what that has to do with anything.

Quoting PurpleChaos:

Quoting UpSheRises:

Quoting PurpleChaos:

Upset? Yes.

Murderous? No.

BIG difference.

Quoting glitterteaz:

Quoting PurpleChaos:

12hellokitty
by Platinum Member on Sep. 12, 2012 at 5:22 PM
Obama said he can understand why this was done? And the Ambassador wasn't been carried to safety? Do you have a link?

Quoting PurpleChaos:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Sep. 12, 2012 at 5:23 PM
4 moms liked this

I am utterly sickened by those who are exploiting this entire event to attempt to make the President look bad.

Disgusting.

Quoting UpSheRises:

Quoting PurpleChaos:

Quoting UpSheRises:

Quoting PurpleChaos:

Upset? Yes.

Murderous? No.

BIG difference.

Quoting glitterteaz:

Quoting PurpleChaos:

glitterteaz
by Ruby Member on Sep. 12, 2012 at 5:23 PM

did i say murderous? nope i didnt. did i say he deserved it? nope i didnt and you know what they say about assumptions. free speech is not lawfull every where. I asked you about your original comment mocking the fact that they were upset like they had no reason to have that emotion.  You really need to work on readin comprehension.

Quoting PurpleChaos:

Upset? Yes.

Murderous? No.

BIG difference.

Edit for tasteless images

Quoting glitterteaz:

Quoting PurpleChaos:

12hellokitty
by Platinum Member on Sep. 12, 2012 at 5:24 PM
So if the attacks were in response to drone attacks ordered by Obama will you hold to the same standard?

Quoting glitterteaz:

Quoting PurpleChaos:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
glitterteaz
by Ruby Member on Sep. 12, 2012 at 5:28 PM
2 moms liked this

I think you need to let your fingers rest cause you are way off base I never defended their actions in the least.  I said I can see why they got upset. I never once even hinted they had a right to go nuts and kill anyone.  Maybe you should shut up before you you have your foot so far down your throat that you choke on your underwear.

Quoting PurpleChaos:

Quoting UpSheRises:

Quoting PurpleChaos:

Upset? Yes.

Murderous? No.

BIG difference.

Quoting glitterteaz:

Quoting PurpleChaos:

brookiecookie87
by Platinum Member on Sep. 12, 2012 at 5:29 PM

From the Rules of Conduct:

Nudity, abortion pictures, and depictions of violence are not permitted on CafeMom.

Do you think the act of killing someone or the act of someone dying fits into "Depictions of violence"?

Quoting PurpleChaos:

Yes it is why the end of my previous response it says 

"It's your right to express your "disgust". And it's mine to post information and images pertaining to the topic"

Join us on the 99% Moms group!
The Ninety-Nine Percent Moms   

If they enforced bank regulations like they do park rules, we wouldn't be in this mess

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)