Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Mitt Romney Finds The Line You Shouldn't Cross And Dives Under It ***Warning!!! Some tactless person put graphic pics of the murder in this post***

Posted by   + Show Post

Mitt Romney Finds The Line You Shouldn't Cross And Dives Under It

Mitt, this isn't the time to use a national tragedy as a political talking point. Go buy a sense of shame at the Billionaire Store, and come back when you've learned a sense of decorum.

A series of tragic events unfolded in the Middle East yesterday. An anti-Islamic YouTube video posted by an Israeli-American filmmaker sparked a wave of violent protests in Egypt, which then spilled over to Libya and led to an attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi. Upon hearing that his staff was under attack, U.S. Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens rushed to the scene with three other staff members to assist with the evacuation. All four were killed in the ensuing mayhem. 

Evidently, Mitt Romney decided that a tragic international crisis would be the perfect time to inject himself into the national conversation and accuse President Obama of sympathizing with the psychos who killed his own Ambassador. The reasoning behind this outrageous claim? At the beginning of the protests in Egypt, the U.S. embassy in Cairo released a statement condemning the movie in an attempt to head off the violence. In Mitt Romney's eyes, this was somehow an example of "apologizing for our values." At the end of the press conference, he grinned. 

ORIGINAL: By self-taught diplomat Mitt Romney on the Associated Press YouTube channel. Here is his full, baffling, statement, if you'd like the context of his whole video. Here is the timeline of events as they unfolded.

Spirituality makes people sane and religion makes people insane...

by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 4:17 PM
Replies (231-238):
Sisteract
by Whoopie on Sep. 17, 2012 at 12:46 PM

So you're voting for Gary Johnson?

Quoting asfriend:

I am a moderate Libertarian.

Separation of church and state is for the protection of BOTH church and state.
Leading with hate and intolerance only leads to MORE hate and intolerance.
parentalrights1
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 12:52 PM
2 moms liked this

Believe me. I  understand the allure of internet drama when life is borin gand you feel you have nothing better to do, but for crying out loud, go make some friends and get out of the house. It is waaaaay better.

Quoting asfriend:

Quoting cjsbmom:

Quoting asfriend:

Quoting Friday:

Quoting asfriend:

No hate here, you clearly have misjudged me.

I can only go by how you present yourself here and you constantly say nasty things and make up facts while refusing to back up anything. If you aren't hateful you might want to stop insulting everyone who disagrees with you and making nasty comments about everyone who thinks differently than you.

Just sayin...

Never once made up anything, people that think that, should crawl out of their bubbles and open their mind up to facts that they dont' like.

It shouldn't all fall on me, if people wanted to be treated better they wouldn't make such insanely ignorant posts.

Let me see if I have this right. So what you're saying is that if someone makes a post that you deem to be ignorant, that gives you the right to personally attack them and say mean and hateful things? Hmmm....sounds a lot like the same kind of rationale those radical Muslims who attacked our embassy used because of a film one crazy-ass American made.

hmm.

That was pretty good.

Almost without fail, people read my stuff long enough and  they get sharper, I should charge for this.

kailu1835
by Ruby Member on Sep. 17, 2012 at 12:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Romney was spot on.  You do not empathize and put yourself in a terrorists shoes without repercussions.  But I guess we should learn to expect that from Obama, the famous America-apologizer.

asfriend
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 1:00 PM
that would be nonsensical, Mr. Johnson already lost his race.

Quoting Sisteract:

So you're voting for Gary Johnson?

Quoting asfriend:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
asfriend
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 1:25 PM
What is this "friends" that you speak of?

Quoting parentalrights1:

Believe me. I  understand the allure of internet drama when life is borin gand you feel you have nothing better to do, but for crying out loud, go make some friends and get out of the house. It is waaaaay better.

Quoting asfriend:

Quoting cjsbmom:

Quoting asfriend:

Quoting Friday:

Quoting asfriend:

I can only go by how you present yourself here and you constantly say nasty things and make up facts while refusing to back up anything. If you aren't hateful you might want to stop insulting everyone who disagrees with you and making nasty comments about everyone who thinks differently than you.

Just sayin...

Never once made up anything, people that think that, should crawl out of their bubbles and open their mind up to facts that they dont' like.

It shouldn't all fall on me, if people wanted to be treated better they wouldn't make such insanely ignorant posts.

Let me see if I have this right. So what you're saying is that if someone makes a post that you deem to be ignorant, that gives you the right to personally attack them and say mean and hateful things? Hmmm....sounds a lot like the same kind of rationale those radical Muslims who attacked our embassy used because of a film one crazy-ass American made.

hmm.

That was pretty good.

Almost without fail, people read my stuff long enough and  they get sharper, I should charge for this.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gludwig2000
by Gina on Sep. 17, 2012 at 3:58 PM
2 moms liked this

If she has misjudged you, then so have I and no doubt hundreds of other women here. You seem to thrive on hatred and insults, and I find your posts very disheartening, which is why I usually avoid them.

Quoting asfriend:

Quoting Friday:

Quoting asfriend:

Quoting Friday:

Quoting asfriend:

They are not the crazies, these are the true followers of true  Islam.

Quoting cats911:

Oh, I know, there are crazies in every religion, but there just seems to be a lot more in muslinism.  They seem to really enjoy killing, they parade and crow about it so.  No offense, I just must be in a mood tonite, I usually do not post on these kinds of articles.  Guess I need to go to bed.

Quoting glitterteaz:

They are learning from the Quran and for your info every religion has its nuts. Jim Jones was a CHristian he killed hundreds including children, David Koresh another nut job who taught from the bible.  Need I go on?  We can not blame the entire faith by their crazies cause EVERY religion has them.

Quoting cats911:

Then not very many are learning the teaching, or they are teaching a different bible than yours.

Quoting stacymomof2:

I want to tell you a story from the Quar'an that my husband (a Muslim) just told me tonight.  It is about their prophet Mohammed.  I will paraphrase.

There was a Jewish man who hated Mohammed and thought he was a heretic.  Every day he would leave a pile of feces at the entrance of Mohammed's house.  This went on for a very long time, Mohammed knew who the man was.  He did nothing about it, just prayed for the man.

One day, the feces were not there.  Mohammed became worried about the man, and wondered where he was.  He went to his house, where the man was ill in bed.  The man was surprised, and said, why are you here?  And Mohammed said he was worried about him and thought he might be ill, and wanted to make sure he was OK and if he needed anything.

That is what Islam teaches.

Quoting cats911:

Just being a Muslim makes you unstable and insane.  I think they just flat use anything as an excuse to destroy and kill.  True religion is not violent.

Bullshit. I'll take the words of actual Muslims who have studied the Quran over a hateful right wing extremist.

sidesplittinglaughter

Riight, and I'm a Conservative Christian. Call yourself what you like you are still one of the most hateful people I have come across online and I'm no noob.

debsdc
by New Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 6:53 PM

They do mock our religion. So does that mean is OK for me to get a bunch of my friends together and attack a Mosque and kill Muslims? We need to keep our business and our money(aid, military) at home.  We give them money and, protect them and they hate us and want to kill US.

glitterteaz
by Ruby Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 6:59 PM

Crazy says what???

Quoting debsdc:

They do mock our religion. So does that mean is OK for me to get a bunch of my friends together and attack a Mosque and kill Muslims? We need to keep our business and our money(aid, military) at home.  We give them money and, protect them and they hate us and want to kill US.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)