Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Mitt Romney Finds The Line You Shouldn't Cross And Dives Under It ***Warning!!! Some tactless person put graphic pics of the murder in this post***

Posted by   + Show Post

Mitt Romney Finds The Line You Shouldn't Cross And Dives Under It

Mitt, this isn't the time to use a national tragedy as a political talking point. Go buy a sense of shame at the Billionaire Store, and come back when you've learned a sense of decorum.

Adam MordecaiMore from Adam »

A series of tragic events unfolded in the Middle East yesterday. An anti-Islamic YouTube video posted by an Israeli-American filmmaker sparked a wave of violent protests in Egypt, which then spilled over to Libya and led to an attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi. Upon hearing that his staff was under attack, U.S. Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens rushed to the scene with three other staff members to assist with the evacuation. All four were killed in the ensuing mayhem. 

Evidently, Mitt Romney decided that a tragic international crisis would be the perfect time to inject himself into the national conversation and accuse President Obama of sympathizing with the psychos who killed his own Ambassador. The reasoning behind this outrageous claim? At the beginning of the protests in Egypt, the U.S. embassy in Cairo released a statement condemning the movie in an attempt to head off the violence. In Mitt Romney's eyes, this was somehow an example of "apologizing for our values." At the end of the press conference, he grinned. 

ORIGINAL: By self-taught diplomat Mitt Romney on the Associated Press YouTube channel. Here is his full, baffling, statement, if you'd like the context of his whole video. Here is the timeline of events as they unfolded.

Spirituality makes people sane and religion makes people insane...

by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 4:17 PM
Replies (31-40):
brookiecookie87
by Platinum Member on Sep. 12, 2012 at 5:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Is your defense really, "But others are dooing it tooo!!"?

Some of us have children. We don't want our kids seeing those pictures. Sorry.

Quoting PurpleChaos:

Come to think of it, I too have seen more graphic images and no one has complained. In fact I just came from one that had a picture of a baby dead in a trashbag because she was a girl and born in China. Not a single complaint. 

But oh well, such is freedom.

Join us on the 99% Moms group!
The Ninety-Nine Percent Moms   

If they enforced bank regulations like they do park rules, we wouldn't be in this mess

JoshRachelsMAMA
by JRM on Sep. 12, 2012 at 5:47 PM
There is no "act" of killing in those photos. They are pictures of a person who was already or almost dead.

Now, if someone would've posted the video of Daniel Pearl, I'd agree with you.

Quoting brookiecookie87:

From the Rules of Conduct:

Nudity, abortion pictures, and depictions of violence are not permitted on CafeMom.

Do you think the act of killing someone or the act of someone dying fits into "Depictions of violence"?

Quoting PurpleChaos:

Yes it is why the end of my previous response it says 

"It's your right to express your "disgust". And it's mine to post information and images pertaining to the topic"

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsbmom
by Lois Lane on Sep. 12, 2012 at 5:48 PM
1 mom liked this

This. This. Oh my God this.

If anyone can watch his blundering when it comes to foreign policy and still think he would make a great president, I am scared for this country. The man sure knows how to open mouth and insert foot.

Quoting mikiemom:

Romney's comments were more than an example of bad taste and lack of class, they illustrate why he shouldn't be allowed anywhere near foreign policy decisions, he clearly  has no clue. At Least GW was smart enough to ensure all of his daddy's friends were around to advice him in those matters. Romney has no-one.

LadyBugMom09
by Silver Member on Sep. 12, 2012 at 5:49 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree with Mitt Romney. The POTUS shouldn't be "understanding" behavior like this, regardless of what someone said about their faith.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoshRachelsMAMA
by JRM on Sep. 12, 2012 at 5:49 PM
3 moms liked this
This site is for adults, not kids. Keep your kids away if you don't want them to see them, that's your responsibility.

Quoting brookiecookie87:

Quoting PurpleChaos:

Come to think of it, I too have seen more graphic images and no one has complained. In fact I just came from one that had a picture of a baby dead in a trashbag because she was a girl and born in China. Not a single complaint. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
12hellokitty
by Ruby Member on Sep. 12, 2012 at 5:49 PM
That's the thing I'm not following is why are there CROWDS? It goes against the common excuse of there are only a few Islamic extremists...

Quoting brookiecookie87:

Do you think when he said he understands why they are upset he is referring to the people protesting who were upset about the people mocking their God, or do you think he is referring to the individuals committing murder?

Because as I have stated earlier. As our Commander in Chief it is his job to keep us safe. Not to incite terrorist attacks. So it makes sense to calm down the crowds of Upset people.

It wouldn't make sense for him to come out and say something to incite them even more and make a one day event that lead to murder turn into a continuous event with more murders.

Quoting PurpleChaos:

Every living being has the right to emotion. That's a given.

But to say in an incident involving 4 graphic murders "well should they be happy" Of course not and I never said they should be. But that doesn't give them any right to take away human life. Feel your emotion you're entitled to it.  But nothing, no video about any religion justifies murder. And once it's taken to that point, the fact of them being "upset" is moot.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PurpleChaos
by Member on Sep. 12, 2012 at 5:51 PM

I don't need to re-read anything. In not one single response did I accuse you of saying they had the right to murder. What I said, is once it's taken to that point (the point of MURDER) the fact of them being upset is moot. It's right there in my previous response. 

Being offended is one thing, being upset is one thing, murder is something else. 

Regardless this is going nowhere with you. You aren't accurately reading my responses so this is pointless.

Also, really? I'm having a tantrum?? 

VVV

Quoting glitterteaz:

OMFG!!! You have not read a damn fucking thing.  Re-read my first reply or just shut up before you make a bigger fool out of yourself. I never said once that they had the right to murder those people in fact I said that they did not have that right. I simply said I could see why they were upset and that is all. I repeat once again they did not have a right to kill anyone because they were upset. Now kindly pull your head out and read before you start jumping around having a tantrum.

Quoting PurpleChaos:

Every living being has the right to emotion. That's a given.

But to say in an incident involving 4 graphic murders "well should they be happy" Of course not and I never said they should be. But that doesn't give them any right to take away human life. Feel your emotion you're entitled to it.  But nothing, no video about any religion justifies murder. And once it's taken to that point, the fact of them being "upset" is moot.

Quoting glitterteaz:

did i say murderous? nope i didnt. did i say he deserved it? nope i didnt and you know what they say about assumptions. free speech is not lawfull every where. I asked you about your original comment mocking the fact that they were upset like they had no reason to have that emotion.  You really need to work on readin comprehension.

Quoting PurpleChaos:

Upset? Yes.

Murderous? No.

BIG difference.

Make an excuse for this. Go ahead. Tell me how this individual who had NOTHING to do with the film deserved it. And regardless that film is protected under freedom of speech.

And this a clip from the video

Quoting glitterteaz:

okay so you think they should be happy about the film and not insulted or upset?  not saying they had a right to do what they did cause they didnt.  but really you wouldnt be uppset with your faith mocked? 

Quoting PurpleChaos:

When I was watching the news early this morning I heard Obama say it, and I didn't like the way it sounded. From what I remember it was:

"There is no question, what happened is a tragedy. But, I can understand why they're upset and why they felt, they had to lash out"

Basically in the film it is said "Islam is like a cancer"

As well as depictions of their prophet Mohammad. And Obama was saying that while the murder (which I saw btw on aljazeera it's disgusting) was sad, he said Libyians carried him to safety which now that the video and pics have been leaked it is seen that he wasn't "carried to safety" he was actually dragged to death. So for him to say "I can see why they're upset" kinda bullshit. IMO. 

Jesi_79
by Bronze Member on Sep. 12, 2012 at 5:53 PM
2 moms liked this

Romney has simply stepped in to fill the vacuum created by Obama's total abdication for statesmanship and defending the United States.  The US State Department has similarly stopped defending the interests of the United States as well.

Obama hasn't been to his daily intelligence briefing to run his campaign... he has also abdicated the Presidency.

brookiecookie87
by Platinum Member on Sep. 12, 2012 at 5:54 PM

Nudity, abortion pictures, and depictions of violence are not permitted on CafeMom.

Nudity is not allowed unless it is a breastfeeding or birthing photo, or a photo of a baby who's under the age of 6 months.

We don't allow photographs, illustrations, or other images depicting abortion or violence.

The rules are there for a reason. If CafeMom is a site where pictures of people dying or dead are going to be popping up everywhere I would just stop visiting this site.

If there was a Warning in the Title, or warning before the pictures it would be one thing. But I would rather not have, "Surprise Dead People!" Pictures.

Quoting JoshRachelsMAMA:

This site is for adults, not kids. Keep your kids away if you don't want them to see them, that's your responsibility.

Quoting brookiecookie87:

Quoting PurpleChaos:

Join us on the 99% Moms group!
The Ninety-Nine Percent Moms   

If they enforced bank regulations like they do park rules, we wouldn't be in this mess

PurpleChaos
by Member on Sep. 12, 2012 at 5:54 PM

It's not a defense. But this IS an adult site.

Maybe your kids shouldn't be reading or seeing things posted here. Parenting.

Quoting brookiecookie87:

Quoting PurpleChaos:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN