Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Obama Admin Warned 48 Hours Before Attacks, Did Nothing

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 6:29 AM
  • 47 Replies

"According to senior diplomatic sources, the US State Department had credible information 48 hours before mobs charged the consulate in Benghazi, and the embassy in Cairo, that American missions may be targeted, but no warnings were given for diplomats to go on high alert and "lockdown", under which movement is severely restricted."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/politics/revealed-inside-story-of-us-envoys-assassination-8135797.html

There are so many things wrong with Obama's leadership in this situation, but this is probably the worst part. 

by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 6:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Carpy
by Ruby Member on Sep. 14, 2012 at 6:38 AM
6 moms liked this

With the ME a hotbed, Obama's admission that we lost Egypt as an ally,  we have all the proof we need to know Obama has been an utter failure on foreign relations.

Woodbabe
by Woodie on Sep. 14, 2012 at 6:45 AM
2 moms liked this

It was 9/11, they were already at hightened security levels.

punky3175
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 6:49 AM
10 moms liked this
It's always so easy to look at all of the 'dots' after the fact and then connect them. It's not so easy to figure out which 'dots' are the most important during every day operations.

And we have no idea how many attacks have been stopped by the intelligence community and law enforcement because that stuff isn't advertised. The only thing that gets attention are the failures.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lini1008
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 6:52 AM
1 mom liked this
bad

Woodbabe
by Woodie on Sep. 14, 2012 at 6:55 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting punky3175:

It's always so easy to look at all of the 'dots' after the fact and then connect them. It's not so easy to figure out which 'dots' are the most important during every day operations.

And we have no idea how many attacks have been stopped by the intelligence community and law enforcement because that stuff isn't advertised. The only thing that gets attention are the failures.

Yup we dont' hear about SO MUCH. That's why I love it when people here play armchair quarterback on this stuff.

Sexy If its unladylike, fattening or fun, I'm in!

Ciuplys
by Member on Sep. 14, 2012 at 7:03 AM
Blame Obama because everything that goes wrong
is his fault. Sigh why whine about it don't like him try to vote him out. I am so looking forward another 4 years of him he got my vote.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Meadowchik
by Silver Member on Sep. 14, 2012 at 7:03 AM
4 moms liked this

Quoting punky3175:

I certainly agree that we have to look at the whole picture, not just one incident in retrospect:

So, we have a POTUS who is absent from half to most of his security briefings, who sent military into Lybia without congressional approval, who's admin's first reaction to agitation over speech was sympathy, a Secretary of State and Cairo Embassy which was echoing Obama's own tones from his 2009 Cairo speech. And this.

isaiahsmomma86
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 7:06 AM
1 mom liked this

Yep, and bush knew about the 9/11 attacks before they happened, too. I agree with a pp, its much easier to connect the dots after the fact. 

Ciuplys
by Member on Sep. 14, 2012 at 7:09 AM
Blame Obama because everything that goes wrong
is his fault. Sigh why whine about it don't like him try to vote him out. I am so looking forward another 4 years of him he got my vote.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
punky3175
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 7:11 AM
Are you there for his briefings? So you know for a fact he isn't there?

Quoting Meadowchik:

Quoting punky3175:

I certainly agree that we have to look at the whole picture, not just one incident in retrospect:

So, we have a POTUS who is absent from half to most of his security briefings, who sent military into Lybia without congressional approval, who's admin's first reaction to agitation over speech was sympathy, a Secretary of State and Cairo Embassy which was echoing Obama's own tones from his 2009 Cairo speech. And this.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN