Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Violent protests spread to Australia!

Posted by on Sep. 15, 2012 at 10:02 AM
  • 46 Replies
by on Sep. 15, 2012 at 10:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommy_of_Riley
by Jes on Sep. 15, 2012 at 10:09 AM
Where's Turtle? She is from Australia...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SuperChicken
by on Sep. 15, 2012 at 10:15 AM

Am I crazy for being surprised by this kind of protest in Australia?   A country that understands freedom of speech and has a diverse population?

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Sep. 15, 2012 at 10:54 AM
4 moms liked this

The extremes of religion.

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Sep. 15, 2012 at 10:56 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting SuperChicken:

Am I crazy for being surprised by this kind of protest in Australia?   A country that understands freedom of speech and has a diverse population?

We shouldn't be, not as of late.  Look at those in this group who would gladly stand next to these people or do the same if this was in regards to their precious Christian views. *sigh*

This will soon be taking place here in our own country.  Those who are extreme are waiting for their moment to pounce. 

"A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song." ~ Maya Angelou

mikiemom
by Ruby Member on Sep. 15, 2012 at 11:04 AM
2 moms liked this

These people are wrong, and if we let the extremists win well,.

I do think the christian right and islamic extremists have the same ultimate goals.

12hellokitty
by Ruby Member on Sep. 15, 2012 at 11:14 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting SuperChicken:

We shouldn't be, not as of late.  Look at those in this group who would gladly stand next to these people or do the same if this was in regards to their precious Christian views. *sigh*

This will soon be taking place here in our own country.  Those who are extreme are waiting for their moment to pounce. 

GMAB!!!  Do you have some examples of Christians engaging in violent forms of protests against Muslims or anyone else in the US? 

This is just discusting, and I'm sure it will go un noticed because no one wants to offend Muslims, yet anytime a child is used in this way by Christians the discussion flows...

SuperChicken
by on Sep. 15, 2012 at 11:15 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting SuperChicken:

I'm not a fan of Christian extremists either, but to be honest I don't really see them rioting in the streets calling for beheadings like this if someone insults Jesus.   They might line up for hours for crappy chicken burgers, but I haven't yet seen them smash cars and throw rocks at police.  But then again, I didn't see this protest happening either, so you never know.  I am feeling really naive this morning.

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Sep. 15, 2012 at 11:19 AM

Quoting 12hellokitty:

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting SuperChicken:

GMAB!!!  Do you have some examples of Christians engaging in violent forms of protests against Muslims or anyone else in the US? 

This is just discusting, and I'm sure it will go un noticed because no one wants to offend Muslims, yet anytime a child is used in this way by Christians the discussion flows...

If I had examples of how some 'Christians' will use this as an opportunity to further their own, I would gladly post them.  But I can certainly see it coming about.  I never said it has happened, that I am aware of, I said I could see it happening.  There are extremes in every religion, even Christianity.  Surely  you must realize this?

I do not like that photo.  Not at all.  Or the sentiment behind it.  Having a child hold up such a sign shows where the parents are failing.  It is sickening, the child holding the sign and the sentiment.  I certainly do not condone such behavior, from ANY religion.    Just as there are those who abhor the violence and extreme views of Muslims, there will be those who are showing their extreme views.  

"A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song." ~ Maya Angelou

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Sep. 15, 2012 at 11:22 AM

Quoting SuperChicken:

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting SuperChicken:

I'm not a fan of Christian extremists either, but to be honest I don't really see them rioting in the streets calling for beheadings like this if someone insults Jesus.   They might line up for hours for crappy chicken burgers, but I haven't yet seen them smash cars and throw rocks at police.  But then again, I didn't see this protest happening either, so you never know.  I am feeling really naive this morning.

I hope not, as far as the rioting in the streets.  I really hope not.  I laughed at the lining up for crappy chicken burgers. lol  I hope that is as far as some extreme Christians will go.  At this point, I wouldn't put any thing past any one who holds an extreme view.  You are not naive at all.  Perhaps I am being overly sensitive.  One of my sisters, whom I love but have no problem being ashamed of, speaks much like I read in this group.  She is extreme in her views without actually acting out on those views.  I pray others only use their mouths instead of other means.  If that made any sense.

SuperChicken
by on Sep. 15, 2012 at 11:25 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting 12hellokitty:

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting SuperChicken:

Oh please!  If it was going unnoticed I wouldn't have put the dang picture there.   This is about extremists, not Muslims if you haven't figured it out yet.

And yes, there are violent Christian protests - just not usually riots in the U.S..  You have heard of Timothy McVey?   The murder of abortion providing doctors? the KKK?  The IRA?   Just because there isn't a crowd, doesn't make it less violent.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN