Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Questions For Christians

Posted by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 10:03 AM
  • 192 Replies
1 mom liked this

What do you make of the fact that Islam is the fastest growing religion on the planet, far outstripping growth of Christianity?

Has your priest/pastor discussed the changing face of worldwide religion with the congregations?

Since Islam is not a prosyletizing faith, and Christianity is, does it surprise you that they should be getting adherents at far greater rates than Christianity is?

EDITED to change the word "converts" to "adherents" in the last paragraph.

by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 10:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ashellbell
by shellbark on Sep. 17, 2012 at 10:14 AM
I've noticed this too. Some times I wonder if that's why the medIa ALWAYS , throws the word "Muslim" around in front of terrorist or attacks. Even with the theater shooting, the first thing I heard was "we're looking in to this to see if it's Muslim attacks". Just my ramblings.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1Giovanni
by Becca on Sep. 17, 2012 at 10:14 AM
2 moms liked this

By what I have been told by some Christians that it is happening because Satan when he comes down for the 7 years of tribulations he will use the Muslims to cut the Christians heads off. They are very concern about the increase of Islam faith.

Myself I don't care, as a Christain. I don't believe they are going be cutting anyones heads off for Satan. It really drives me nuts when I hear BS like this.

romalove
by Roma on Sep. 17, 2012 at 10:17 AM

Quoting 1Giovanni:

By what I have been told by some Christians that it is happening because Satan when he comes down for the 7 years of tribulations he will use the Muslims to cut the Christians heads off. They are very concern about the increase of Islam faith.

Myself I don't care, as a Christain. I don't believe they are going be cutting anyones heads off for Satan. It really drives me nuts when I hear BS like this.

Do you attend a church, and is the leadership of the church addressing any of the questions I'm asking?

LectioDivina
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 10:17 AM
2 moms liked this

Islam has always had millions and millions of members since I was Born...No, it doesn't bother me at all...If the three Abrahamic religions were in a line (and yes, it is an actual bloodline) It would Go-

Abraham...Moses....Jesus....Muhammad...

There's no reason to be upset that other people have found a path to their faith...

ashellbell
by shellbark on Sep. 17, 2012 at 10:18 AM
Whaaaaaaaat? REALLY? Holy crap.

Quoting 1Giovanni:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lizardannie1966
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 10:18 AM
1 mom liked this

I am not surprised at all and honestly, I don't believe it's as sudden a change as perhaps believed.

It's a very peaceful, ancient religion.

romalove
by Roma on Sep. 17, 2012 at 10:19 AM

Quoting LectioDivina:

Islam has always had millions and millions of members since I was Born...No, it doesn't bother me at all...If the three Abrahamic religions were in a line (and yes, it is an actual bloodline) It would Go-

Abraham...Moses....Jesus....Mohommad...

There's no reason to be upset that other people have found a path to their faith...

Thanks for you response, but you didn't answer any of my questions, really.  Do you attend a church, and is the church leadership addressing any of what I said?

Where did you get that I think anyone should be upset about the growth of Islam?  I asked the questions, frankly, because I was thinking about how Christians are called to spread the faith but Muslims are not, yet Islam is growing far faster than Christianity.  It made me think.

Lizardannie1966
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 10:20 AM
1 mom liked this

Satan is "coming down?"

Some people just take a belief and will twist it and they will turn it and it's like that old school game of telephone--by the time it gets to about 100 people, it's no longer the same.

Quoting 1Giovanni:

romalove
by Roma on Sep. 17, 2012 at 10:21 AM

Quoting Lizardannie1966:

I am not surprised at all and honestly, I don't believe it's as sudden a change as perhaps believed.

It's a very peaceful, ancient religion.

http://www.30-days.net/muslims/statistics/islam-growth/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/27/new-pew-forum-report-proj_n_814818.html

Cemommster
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 10:22 AM

It scares me, but thats another topic.

Yes they have discussed it with us.

And yes I do believe it is a prsylietizing faith. I have come acrossed it personally. They may not be outspoken as we are as Christians, but yes they do try to convert.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)