Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For Those Who Believe in the Rapture...

Posted by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 7:19 AM
  • 17 Replies
I read about the 13 year old who is being charged with murdering his 2 year old brother, and I've read other similar stories. I've always wondered about the passage that says all children will be taken to Heaven in the rapture because they're innocent. But are they still innocent when they're torturing animals at 8 years old and sexually assualting another at 6 years old? If so, why aren't adults who do the same thing because that's what they learned from others, just like the children? What do you think happens to the children? Do you think they get called to Heaven? And what would be the cutoff age for them? No one over 12 gets Raptured?

To some, these are hypothetical questions, but I do believe in the Rapture. I just want ideas as to what others believe.
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 7:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AdrianneHill
by Platinum Member on Sep. 18, 2012 at 12:03 PM
1 mom liked this
I can't believe in the rapture, even when I tried to be a believer. The thought of his best soldiers being spirited away from the big battle right before the show really starts doesn't make sense from any point of view.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
merryvoice
by Member on Sep. 18, 2012 at 12:16 PM

A lot of the Bible doesn't make sense to me, either and I don't believe a lot of it. But I do believe in certain things and this is a question I always have on my mind. Even if you don't believe, it's a good hypothetical question. 

Quoting AdrianneHill:

I can't believe in the rapture, even when I tried to be a believer. The thought of his best soldiers being spirited away from the big battle right before the show really starts doesn't make sense from any point of view.

Lizardannie1966
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 12:27 PM

While this is one part of many Christian beliefs that I do not believe in--the idea of many good, innocent souls going poof, baa-bye--I believe it refers to the innocent.

A child who has committed a crime such as you've described is not "innocent" IMO.

mikiemom
by Ruby Member on Sep. 18, 2012 at 12:32 PM
1 mom liked this

that story has never made sense - but a world without christians does sound like what I would picture heaven to be like lol

kailu1835
by Ruby Member on Sep. 18, 2012 at 12:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Children are born innocent.  You can steal that innocence away.  Until a child is able to fully comprehend what sin is, and what is right and wrong etc, they cannot be held reponsible for their actions.  They learned bad behaviors from the people around them.  It doesn't mean that they are fully aware of the consequences of their actions.  Sometimes it is blind lashing out.  So this is a very slippery ride to take when talking about children and crimes.

Woodbabe
by Woodie on Sep. 18, 2012 at 12:33 PM

What did Jesus have to say about it?

mustloveanimals
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 12:36 PM
2 moms liked this

I think God looks at our souls, not at our age.

Lizardannie1966
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 12:38 PM

*sigh

Love me some generalizing in the mornin'........................

Quoting mikiemom:

that story has never made sense - but a world without christians does sound like what I would picture heaven to be like lol

TheStepMonster
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 12:45 PM

I believe in the rapture.  I believe in a vengeful God 

The LORD is a jealous and avenging God; the LORD takes vengeance and is filled with wrath. The LORD takes vengeance on his foes and maintains his wrath against his enemies. ~Nahum 1.2

I also believe that God is a merciful God,   

Who is a God like unto thee, that pardoneth iniquity, and passeth by the transgression of the remnant of his heritage? he retaineth not his anger for ever, because he delighteth in mercy. ~Micah 7:18

Therefore, I believe that God will take up the children who have not yet reach the understanding of salvation.  They may have heard the gospel, but haven't quite reached the understanding that it is through His blood we are saved and also what is a sin in His eyes and what is not.  I don't believe in a specific age.  It's all about the child and what he or she understands.  To quote a specific age, then you get into the debate of what about a mentally disabled child?  Well, at 18, does he or she have the mental capacity to understand this?  If no, then I believe God will show his mercy.  The same 14 year old, who does have the mental capacity to understand and act on the knowledge of salvation, then God will not be merciful if he hasn't accepted this salvation.  

I am curious though, as to which passage you are referring to - because to my knowledge there is no passage specifically stating that children will be in heaven.  Actually, quite the contrary.  The bible states that we are born into sin, and it is only through His blood that we are made clean or "innocent".  As I said though, I do believe in a merciful God.  

merryvoice
by Member on Sep. 18, 2012 at 12:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Sadly, a lot of Christians make people feel that way. People are very often surprised to find out that my husband and I are Christians because we don't act like your typical Christian ,which is a shame, because the way we act is the way Christians should act! 

Quoting mikiemom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured