Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

The Secret, Hypocritical TRUTH About Those Opposing Gay Marriage(LOL)

Posted by   + Show Post

by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 5:06 PM
Replies (11-20):
mikiemom
by Ruby Member on Sep. 18, 2012 at 6:31 PM
1 mom liked this

it's a debate group? - I don't think you can give us any examples of how SSM would impact OSM

Quoting AlekD:

Sorry to dissapoint but I am not going to be dragged into a debate about this in a forum that is openly hostile to people who have different opinions on this issue. I'm just saying that maybe charicaturization and memes probably aren't the best way of dealing with such an emotional issue.

brookiecookie87
by Platinum Member on Sep. 18, 2012 at 6:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting AlekD:

Sorry to dissapoint but I am not going to be dragged into a debate about this in a forum that is openly hostile to people who have different opinions on this issue. I'm just saying that maybe charicaturization and memes probably aren't the best way of dealing with such an emotional issue.

I am not hostile to people with different beliefs. If you need proof you can look at the Topic about Romney's video where I debate with someone who calls me a name, attacked my character, and threw insults at me with nearly every reply and I stuck to the points of the Topic.

Everyone has different opinions. If you don't want to Same Sex Couples to marry that is your choice.

I just don't believe your religious preference and marriage preference should be used to take  away someone elses choice to get married.

Join us on the 99% Moms group!
The Ninety-Nine Percent Moms   

If they enforced bank regulations like they do park rules, we wouldn't be in this mess

Woodbabe
by Woodie on Sep. 18, 2012 at 6:46 PM
1 mom liked this

She is simply pointing out that heterosexuals have done far more to 'damage' the concept of marriage than homosexuals ever will. With a 50% divorce rate, hours long marriages and cheating spouses, its a wonder that marriage even still exists.

Quoting AlekD:

So...everyone who opposes gay marriage is cheating on their spouse? Yeah that makes sense. There are valid points on both sides of this debate and taking cheap shots doesn't help.

Sorry to be a killjoy it just bothers me to see stuff like this from either side of the political spectrum.

Sexy If its unladylike, fattening or fun, I'm in!

SunshneDaydream
by Silver Member on Sep. 18, 2012 at 7:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Not to mention drive-through chapels and reality shows. 

Quoting Woodbabe:

She is simply pointing out that heterosexuals have done far more to 'damage' the concept of marriage than homosexuals ever will. With a 50% divorce rate, hours long marriages and cheating spouses, its a wonder that marriage even still exists.

Quoting AlekD:

So...everyone who opposes gay marriage is cheating on their spouse? Yeah that makes sense. There are valid points on both sides of this debate and taking cheap shots doesn't help.

Sorry to be a killjoy it just bothers me to see stuff like this from either side of the political spectrum.

canadianmom1974
by Gold Member on Sep. 18, 2012 at 7:21 PM

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GrandmaAllGirls
by Member on Sep. 18, 2012 at 7:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting AlekD:

OMG, I hardly think that the cartoon means EVERYONE who opposes gay marriage cheats.  It's just a cartoon poking fun at people's idea of the "sanctity" of marriage. Calm down.  In the meantime, woujld love to hear your "valid points from either side".

LindaClement
by Thatwoman on Sep. 19, 2012 at 2:01 AM
1 mom liked this

The first lesson in satire is that 'everything', 'nothing', 'never', all', 'always' and 'everyone' are not stated.

Or implied.

No one claims that everyone getting divorced, everyone cheating and everyone who stays single is making a mockery of traditional marriage. It doesn't change the fact that all three mock the 'shared values' of traditional marriage.

Gay couples wanting to have the same legal rights are no mockery of anything.

I'm one of the rash twits, though: I'm okay if everyone opposed to gay folks having the same rights as them get it reversed instead. No more survivorship, next of kin or inheritance rights for you, then, either.

Quoting AlekD:

LindaClement
by Thatwoman on Sep. 19, 2012 at 2:02 AM

I love this!

Quoting canadianmom1974:

LindaClement
by Thatwoman on Sep. 19, 2012 at 2:06 AM

Since you have only shared a talent for leaping to conclusions and reading things that are not written, I'm not sure what kind of disappointment you're claiming to provide... 's pretty scenic so far.

Quoting AlekD:

Perhaps if you were more shy with your opinion and less shy with your information, facts, data or an actual coherent argument, there could be a debate that involved someone hearing your 'side.'

Cake.Lady
by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 2:08 AM
2 moms liked this

Didn't Obama's great-grandfather have 5 wives, and his grandfather have at least 4? 

Not that matters. I'm against ruling with a pen in one hand and a bible in the other, which is exactly what Romney is trying to do. I've never once heard Obama claim his policys are a result of his religious beliefs, unlike Romney. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN