Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

The Secret, Hypocritical TRUTH About Those Opposing Gay Marriage(LOL)

Posted by   + Show Post

by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 5:06 PM
Replies (21-30):
Cake.Lady
by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 2:16 AM

Wait. What?

How aren't there valid points on both sides? Both Romney and Obama's ancestors were polygamists. When did Obama announce his support of gay marriage? Obama's ancestors legally practiced polygamy in...Kenya? Romney's ancestors fled from Utah to another country to practice polygamy. That's HUGE for someone (a presidential candidate) who is completely against the practice. 

Quoting krysstizzle:

There aren't valid points on both sides.

Quoting AlekD:

So...everyone who opposes gay marriage is cheating on their spouse? Yeah that makes sense. There are valid points on both sides of this debate and taking cheap shots doesn't help.

Sorry to be a killjoy it just bothers me to see stuff like this from either side of the political spectrum.

Citygirlk
by Gold Member on Sep. 19, 2012 at 4:51 AM
He announced his support a few months ago.

Quoting Cake.Lady:

Wait. What?

How aren't there valid points on both sides? Both Romney and Obama's ancestors were polygamists. When did Obama announce his support of gay marriage? Obama's ancestors legally practiced polygamy in...Kenya? Romney's ancestors fled from Utah to another country to practice polygamy. That's HUGE for someone (a presidential candidate) who is completely against the practice. 

Quoting krysstizzle:

Quoting AlekD:

So...everyone who opposes gay marriage is cheating on their spouse? Yeah that makes sense. There are valid points on both sides of this debate and taking cheap shots doesn't help.

Sorry to be a killjoy it just bothers me to see stuff like this from either side of the political spectrum.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AlekD
by Gold Member on Sep. 19, 2012 at 10:47 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh...the irony...
Sorry Hun but you are the one jumping to conclusions. I dont happen to be opposed to same sex unions. I never said I was. If you read my posts you would see that I was merely saying that people should act like adults in these debates instead od just making fun of each other. I refused to get involved in this debate because I have learned from experience that online "debates " about these emotionally charged issues never resolve peacefully and instead devolve into name calling, smug self satisfaction and hurt feelings. Not something I want to be involved in.

Quoting LindaClement:

Since you have only shared a talent for leaping to conclusions and reading things that are not written, I'm not sure what kind of disappointment you're claiming to provide... 's pretty scenic so far.

Quoting AlekD:

Sorry to dissapoint but I am not going to be dragged into a debate about this in a forum that is openly hostile to people who have different opinions on this issue. I'm just saying that maybe charicaturization and memes probably aren't the best way of dealing with such an emotional issue.

Perhaps if you were more shy with your opinion and less shy with your information, facts, data or an actual coherent argument, there could be a debate that involved someone hearing your 'side.'

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krysstizzle
by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 11:11 AM
2 moms liked this

I read her reply as saying "there are valid points made on both sides of the homosexual marriage debate".

My reply was to say that no, there aren't valid points on both sides of that debate. There are valid points on one side, and irrational opinions on the other.

Quoting Cake.Lady:

Wait. What?

Quoting krysstizzle:

Quoting AlekD:

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Sep. 19, 2012 at 11:27 AM

lol

canadianmom1974
by Gold Member on Sep. 19, 2012 at 11:41 AM
2 moms liked this

Sorry, it's a little blurry, but it says:

"I hate the word homophobia. It's not a phobia. You are not scared. You are an asshole."
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
12hellokitty
by Platinum Member on Sep. 19, 2012 at 11:47 AM
Does this hold true for Muslims living in the middle east? Or do the Islamic extremist have valid reason for denying the most basic human rights?

Quoting mikiemom:

there are no valid arguements to deny others their civil rights? Name one way that SSM impacts OSM

Quoting AlekD:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mikiemom
by Ruby Member on Sep. 19, 2012 at 11:48 AM
2 moms liked this

Is it our place to determine their form of government?

Quoting 12hellokitty:

Does this hold true for Muslims living in the middle east? Or do the Islamic extremist have valid reason for denying the most basic human rights?

Quoting mikiemom:

there are no valid arguements to deny others their civil rights? Name one way that SSM impacts OSM

Quoting AlekD:

LindaClement
by Thatwoman on Sep. 19, 2012 at 11:49 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting AlekD:

So...everyone who opposes gay marriage is cheating on their spouse? 

I didn't write it, you did. That's 'leaping to a conclusion' not stated, and not implied, by the OP.

'Merely saying' that people should act like adults is not spelled like this:

Sorry to dissapoint but I am not going to be dragged into a debate about this in a forum that is openly hostile to people who have different opinions 

Stopping by to claim "there are valid points made on both sides of the homosexual marriage debate" without backing up that claim is not a coherent argument for or against any case. Neither is 'oh the irony' --however much you enjoy the smugness, it's not relevant. It does display your ability to read something unwritten. It is not what I responded to. Hun.

You shared your (rather offensive) opinion (not about gay marriage --not sure how you managed to read that in anything I wrote-- but about the other people here and the behaviour you opine is guaranteed) without anything in the way of examples, information, or even a single reason. That's 'opinion' not 'compelling argument.'

Quoting AlekD:

Oh...the irony...
Sorry Hun but you are the one jumping to conclusions. I dont happen to be opposed to same sex unions. I never said I was. If you read my posts you would see that I was merely saying that people should act like adults in these debates instead od just making fun of each other. I refused to get involved in this debate because I have learned from experience that online "debates " about these emotionally charged issues never resolve peacefully and instead devolve into name calling, smug self satisfaction and hurt feelings. Not something I want to be involved in.

Quoting LindaClement:

Since you have only shared a talent for leaping to conclusions and reading things that are not written, I'm not sure what kind of disappointment you're claiming to provide... 's pretty scenic so far.

Quoting AlekD:

Sorry to dissapoint but I am not going to be dragged into a debate about this in a forum that is openly hostile to people who have different opinions on this issue. I'm just saying that maybe charicaturization and memes probably aren't the best way of dealing with such an emotional issue.

Perhaps if you were more shy with your opinion and less shy with your information, facts, data or an actual coherent argument, there could be a debate that involved someone hearing your 'side.'

Meadowchik
by Silver Member on Sep. 19, 2012 at 11:54 AM

I guess the OP would have a point if members of gay couples never cheated on one another.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)